World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Ginger Moose

Hey, you. Yes you. Click this.

Ginger Moose

I just want to let every single person on this site right now that herpes is just a freckle on their features. Maybe I'm just in a loving mood because I've been eating only corn bread for the last day and a half and watching only south park and youtube videos of cats, but I think that it's important for this to be said.

Herpes isn't going to be the downfall of you. Why do I know this? Because I know you enough to know that there are so many other features about you (maybe it's your intelligence, sense of humor, compassion, loyalty, creativity, or that little snort you make when you're laughing, or the way you always know the right thing to say to someone when they're sad) that out shine any sort of skin condition. There's so much good in you, in fact, that having herpes is almost a good thing, because it humanizes you and makes you seem less perfect and more approachable.

So it's time to hug yourself, look into the mirror, listen to Little Things by One Direction, and let a deserving person find you when the time is right.

chickentuna

moose! i love this ! thanks for sharing :) its absolutely true!

Iridewheelies

I like to creep the forum and like all ginger and tunerrrr posts while listening to little things by one direction

F1awed

You would make a great politician!

There's so much good in you, in fact, that having herpes is almost a goodthing, because it humanizes you and makes you seem less perfect and more approachable.

yeah...but its not

You write a message like this...But what about the people that are not good people? What there is no good in them?

I get what your trying to do...but come on....what is that?

Many things can "humanize" (Im not sure how herpes does that) you. Herpes is a bad example regardless...and I'd have to disagree on the "more approachable" as well. And of course, no one's perfect.

Listen to a song?..."Little things?" really? This is what you consider support? rofl. What are we? In Pre-K?

Why even bother posting this in the bog?

Your disrespectful and maybe need to look in the mirror yourself and change your brainwashed ways of thinking. It's like why even go out of your way to post something like that in the bog? Your looking for a "rise" out of someone like me or something..I dont see you reasoning behind that. Its not just a "freckle" for everyone...

Ignorance sure is bliss....make sure to attend church on sunday ;)

MsLucy

Wow F1awed... who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

Perhaps Ginger Moose might have done well to post her thoughts in a more optimistic category, but I don't think that little transgression warrants your vitriolic response.

Then again, maybe this was just the right place to post it, in an effort to break through the "I have herpes, so I'm just going to lay here and wallow in my own self-pity" mentality that seems to prevail here. Some of us just don't get the whole concept of 'the Bog', except that it seems to encourage self-pity and defeatism.

But, whatever, before you start flinging 'disrespectful' accusations at someone else, you may want to re-read what you've written yourself. If we're having a 'disrespectful' contest, I think you've won, hands down.

Ginger Moose
You would make a great politician!

yeah...but its not

You write a message like this...But what about the people that are not good people? What there is no good in them?

I get what your trying to do...but come on....what is that?

Many things can "humanize" (Im not sure how herpes does that) you. Herpes is a bad example regardless...and I'd have to disagree on the "more approachable" as well. And of course, no one's perfect.

Listen to a song?..."Little things?" really? This is what you consider support? rofl. What are we? In Pre-K?

Why even bother posting this in the bog?

Your disrespectful and maybe need to look in the mirror yourself and change your brainwashed ways of thinking. It's like why even go out of your way to post something like that in the bog? Your looking for a "rise" out of someone like me or something..I dont see you reasoning behind that. Its not just a "freckle" for everyone...

Ignorance sure is bliss....make sure to attend church on sunday ;)

This is idiotic, and really doesn't even warrant a real response, but I do have three things to say:

1. I am not ignorant to what it feels like to have herpes, because I have herpes. Perhaps you're implying that I am ignorant of what it feels like to wallow in self pity over herpes and let it contaminate every waking moment with depression. To which you may be correct.

2. In what ways am I brainwashed? And how does this post have to do with religion in any way whatsoever?

3. How old are you? You seem to be lacking the ability of making logical connections. Herpes can humanize a person just as many physical/mental disorders can.

Acesheart

Well spoken MsLucy!! I could not agree with you more. I personally like the bog, it encourages those who are learning acceptance of this virus to purge or vent or just finally talk about it for the first time. Anger is just one step in the acceptance process. Truly, Ace

Cymenthy

F1awed,

Don't went to get on the band wagon and beat up on you, but I just cannot see how you got what you seemed to have gotten out of the post. It was actually uplifting to me, as it was meant to be to others. I think we all feel anger when this first happens to us, and it does take time and hard work to get over that. I think many of us also go through a depression and lots of self pity. I know I shed many tears, and I suppose will shed some more. However, life goes on, and I, myself, am not ready to face the alternative, even though there were times when I wondered if life was worth living. Thank God I got over that fairly quickly. Herpes is not a defining element to what we are, only something that we have to deal with. I think the whole idea is that we are the same people after we get herpes as we were before, but can become stronger and be better people if we want to.

chickentuna

interesting.. seems like f1awed completely misread this post.. brainwashed?? ignorant?? FAR from it.. i agree.. stop wallowing in self pity, grow up, move on, live your life, get out of your litte dark hole and smell the damn roses..

Velvet Thong

I think F1awed's post was perfectly fitting for the Bog, more fitting than any other post in this thread. Mainstream society keeps on passing on myths about how there is one true love for everyone out there, or someone who will love you exactly as you are, when in reality that is not necessarily the case. It might be better to try to stay open to it, but to continue to do so in the face of many massive disappointments is kind of like having faith, like having a religion, especially when you start to see from the outside the reasons that others are pairing up and why you are not. And the truth is that sometimes it's addition. Out of a group of potential candidates, some may have more physical or other flaws than the others, or fewer outstanding features, and herpes can be considered one of the 'cons'. I have known men who make pros and cons lists when deciding on relationships. We like to think that we are so special and our love is so magical that we aren't replaceable, but the truth is that in life, many people are.

I don't like the 'music' of One Direction and I find it hysterical that people might accept it as a soundtrack here in the Bog. Surreal. Maybe that's the point. I don't know, but in addition, it seems possible to me that while the group members are singing about accepting regular girls, they are probably out dating beautiful models, singers and actresses, which makes the message kind of hypocritical, and possibly even cynical (a way to make money off naive girls, or something along those lines).

Velvet Thong
Perhaps Ginger Moose might have done well to post her thoughts in a more optimistic category, but I don't think that little transgression warrants your vitriolic response.

Then again, maybe this was just the right place to post it, in an effort to break through the "I have herpes, so I'm just going to lay here and wallow in my own self-pity" mentality that seems to prevail here. Some of us just don't get the whole concept of 'the Bog', except that it seems to encourage self-pity and defeatism.

I am not sure I can always accurately draw the line between wallowing in self-pity and mental illness. How about you? Maybe we need a forum for 'herpes and depression', but the Bog seems to be the closest thing to that.

Aside from that, I think the Bog allows for thoughts, feelings and ideas that are a valid part of the whole and that should be expressed, not repressed, and that many of these thoughts, feelings and ideas are not representative of mental illness or defeatism at all - in some cases people are actually more objective than those who are more 'positive'.

The Bog is a very small forum in the overall scheme of this network. It's for people who are looking for something different.

I would have preferred that Ginger Moose had posted this particular entry in a different forum. I wondered if she was actually 'trolling'.

Acesheart
I am notU sure I can always accurately draw the line between wallowing in self-pity and mental illness. How about you? Maybe we need a forum for 'herpes and depression', but the Bog seems to be the closest thing to that.

Aside from that, I think the Bog allows for thoughts, feelings and ideas that are a valid part of the whole and that should be expressed, not repressed, and that many of these thoughts, feelings and ideas are not representative of mental illness or defeatism at all - in some cases people are actually more objective than those who are more 'positive'.

The Bog is a very small forum in the overall scheme of this network. It's for people who are looking for something different.

I would have preferred that Ginger Moose had posted this particular entry in a different forum. I wondered if she was actually 'trolling'.

Hey Dr.Velvet, I can ask you have you ever spoken with Moose, well I have. How can you judge someone on their post when you have no knowledge of who they are? She is very talented and funny and intelligent young woman. I know several things, personal things about her. I assure you SHE is not the troll in this thread. Truly, Ace.

Misty67
I am not sure I can always accurately draw the line between wallowing in self-pity and mental illness. How about you? Maybe we need a forum for 'herpes and depression', but the Bog seems to be the closest thing to that.

Maybe the OP should have been posted in "the secret of our success: part of the forum...because, you are right this is the "bog" section..

But like chicken and tuna said..Ginger isn't a troll.. :)

I said this yesterday..and will said it again today..We all can't be susie sunshine all the time..this is the section in the forum to express those not so happy feelings.

chickentuna

i will agree with the posting thread in wrong forum.

Ginger Moose

I didn't realize that this forum was exclusively for negative and depressed posts. This seemed like a good place to post a little positivity, because I thought it would be better reached by people who might actually need to see it.

I was under the impression that this was a safe place for people to vent and whine about their herpes without being judged or made fun of for it, and a way to keep the negativity a little out of the rest of the forum. If one isn't ALLOWED to post positive things in a forum like this, it would probably be a good idea to explicitly say that somewhere in the description of the forum.

It's crazy that I'm getting crap for posting something uplifting. Like this entire situation is kind of humorous to me. I still don't feel "bad" for posting this forum here, (one person said that they needed to hear it and that it helped them) and because honestly I don't see how seeing something nice could possibly hurt anyone's feelings. It seems like this thread supports such negativity that it's rejects kindness and positivity - misery loves company I suppose? I told JB that my goal was to turn the bog of eternal stench into a pong of eternal joy. I guess I forgot how much people like to revel and stew in their own misery, though. :p

So I shall leave this place in search of another home!

-limps away muttering in barbaric troll speak-

Acesheart

People if you read the definition under the thread ( Bog of Eternal Stentch in blue ) it clearly states positivity is welcomed. So therefore Ginger Moose had a right to post here. We do however need a bog to vent and purge and release especially when newly diagnosed. There is a positive place for successful post, called Success. So Moose, please don't apologize. You have helped at minimum one user and that's amazing!! It's the purpose for this forum, support and educations. Good job my friend. :five: Truly, Ace :hithere:

chickentuna

i do stand corrected.. "Positive contributions are welcome."

Velvet Thong
Hey Dr.Velvet, I can ask you have you ever spoken with Moose, well I have. How can you judge someone on their post when you have no knowledge of who they are? She is very talented and funny and intelligent young woman. I know several things, personal things about her. I assure you SHE is not the troll in this thread. Truly, Ace.

Ace, actually, I judged her less than she judged me - she made comments on my posts without knowing me or reading other material that was freely available, and made some serious assumptions. I have a lot more posts out there than she does, and if she had made an effort to read what I had to say before making assumptions about me and accusing me of various things, while at the same time trying to ridicule others for their lack of logic, I would have left her alone.

If you're insinuating I'm the troll in this thread, I think you misunderstand me. I think I'm far more likely to appreciate Ginger Moose's individuality, and yours, than either of you are likely to appreciate mine. I'm someone who has a need to challenge people's programming. I look for positivity, but not at the expense of truth.

I didn't say she was a troll, I said I was not sure that she was not. I mean, she's an impetuous little wench, no? Is it so crazy to speculate that she might be trying to stir up a little controversy? I guess in a way I was reluctant to believe that such a promising and beautiful young woman would support One Direction.

Elle22

So in order for a person to be good, promising, or beautiful, they have to like the same music you like?

Seems a bit silly to me.

Velvet Thong
I didn't realize that this forum was exclusively for negative and depressed posts. This seemed like a good place to post a little positivity, because I thought it would be better reached by people who might actually need to see it.

Er, Ginger, would you characterize all my posts as more negative than positive?

I was under the impression that this was a safe place for people to vent and whine about their herpes without being judged or made fun of for it, and a way to keep the negativity a little out of the rest of the forum. If one isn't ALLOWED to post positive things in a forum like this, it would probably be a good idea to explicitly say that somewhere in the description of the forum.

wtf? The majority of the posters in this thread support you. Albeit, I am guessing at least a couple don't really like One Direction, but mostly want to get into your pants..

You're allowed to post positivity here, but you have to accept the consequences, including that someone might want to question the depth/authenticity of your particular brand of 'positivity'.

Perhaps it's better to remain ignorant of certain unpleasant realities in life, and be thankful for those who support you.

If you want to debate my contributions to this thread, please feel free to do so.

It's crazy that I'm getting crap for posting something uplifting. Like this entire situation is kind of humorous to me. I still don't feel "bad" for posting this forum here, (one person said that they needed to hear it and that it helped them) and because honestly I don't see how seeing something nice could possibly hurt anyone's feelings. It seems like this thread supports such negativity that it's rejects kindness and positivity - misery loves company I suppose? I told JB that my goal was to turn the bog of eternal stench into a pong of eternal joy. I guess I forgot how much people like to revel and stew in their own misery, though. :p

So I shall leave this place in search of another home!

-limps away muttering in barbaric troll speak-

I think it's a mistake to think that all those in the Bog, including me, reject kindness and positivity. If you would have a look at some of my posts, I think it would be difficult to hold on to that attitude. I just reject a kind of shallow 'positivity', a kind of positivity that doesn't have its foundation in something 'real'. My positivity is, well, complex.

You are losing focus here. Majority opinion is still with you on this thread. Don't be so insecure. Quit whining like a little girl.

I am Bog Monster, hear me Roar.. etc,

yawn.

Acesheart
Ace, actually, I judged her less than she judged me - she made comments on my posts without knowing me or reading other material that was freely available, and made some serious assumptions. I have a lot more posts out there than she does, and if she had made an effort to read what I had to say before making assumptions about me and accusing me of various things, while at the same time trying to ridicule others for their lack of logic, I would have left her alone.

If you're insinuating I'm the troll in this thread, I think you misunderstand me. I think I'm far more likely to appreciate Ginger Moose's individuality, and yours, than either of you are likely to appreciate mine. I'm someone who has a need to challenge people's programming. I look for positivity, but not at the expense of truth.

I didn't say she was a troll, I said I was not sure that she was not. I mean, she's an impetuous little wench, no? Is it so crazy to speculate that she might be trying to stir up a little controversy? I guess in a way I was reluctant to believe that such a promising and beautiful young woman would support One Direction.

Hey Dr.Velvet, no no no! You are not who I was insinuating was the Troll. Absolutely not! I have read your post from a year ago, I do enjoy them quite frankly. You and my friend mcnulty keep me on my toes with all these eloquent postings. I was speaking of another, also trying to assure you Moose is certainly not a Troll. How do I know this? I have personally witnessed her articulate and reasonable responses to others. I have talked to her and we certainly don't always agree on everyth, but to imply she is trolling was simply not a fair statement, certainly one I'd never expect from you. My apologies if you thought i was referring to you. Truly, Ace :)

Velvet Thong
So in order for a person to be good, promising, or beautiful, they have to like the same music you like?

Seems a bit silly to me.

Elle, who are you addressing?