World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
shorty122

My story..

shorty122

I'm a 17 year old girl who found out a little over a month ago that I got herpes. At first I thought it was a minor STD like chlamydia but when I started to notice my outbreak I realized I was dealing with something much more serious. To be honest I'm surprised I didn't get herpes before now, I have always slept around and never thought much of it being a teenager and thinking that would never happen to me. Until one day it did. I still remember how painful it was at first I wasn't even able to walk through the halls at my school without being in constant pain which was a continuous reminder. I with drawled from my school and decided to do online classes because it seems so hard to act like everything is fine when in reality nothing is fine. I still feel depressed and have been getting really bad anxiety attacks, insomnia, and bad dreams. I find it so hard to talk to my family or close friends about it because they don't understand what I'm going through and to be honest I'm not really sure what's going on or how to cope with all this new information. Especially being a teenager and having to grow up so fast and not being able to act like a teenager when I feel as though I am not one anyone. I would love some advise and ways to cope with all my emotions I am dealing with on a daily basis. Thanks for listening.

WarriorKing

Read a lot of our forums and join us in live chat. I got this when I was 20. That was over 34 years ago. It has been a small thing in my life. It can be a small thing in yours.

chickentuna

hey there. definitely learn all you can by using the links provided on the right side of the page here, tlaking to others learning their experiences, and perhaps maybe looking into therapy? i have been in therapy since i was young but came back into it when i got depression/anxiety/insomnia from H.. 3 years later i am still in therapy but now dealing with other things in my life, where h is not that big of a deal for me anymore.. if yu ave any quetions defintiely feel free to ask...i understand where u are coming from.. i got this when i was young too (i still am young :) )...and i also havent told many people, just my bf, my bff, and my therapist... !

shorty122

Thank you. I was also in therapy as a younger child and stopped going about a year ago. Once i found out though i started going again and have a great therapist the only problem is he doesn't understand what im going through and i live in a small town that doesn't have any support groups. Which is why i decided to join this site in hopes to talk to people that can relate and so i don't feel as alone when it comes to this.

HottMess

Hey There! Im 18 and got this two years ago. I made it through highschool even though it was tough. I hate the feeling that your not normal...it sucks but this thing can make you stronger. It literally forced me to be a much more positive person and Im thankful. Feel free to msg me if you just need to chat:)