World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lampshade1

Symptoms?

lampshade1

Do you think its possible to have symptoms because you've convinced yourself something is there?

I had my possible exposure just over 5 weeks ago and I'm irritated 'down there'. There is nothing there and I've had a blood test at 5 weeks which come back negative. I sometimes feel like I have tingling at the bottom of my back and 'down there' sometimes feels irritated. I've been told by 4 doctors and nurses that from what they can see it's unlikely I have hsv2 but I've convinced myself I've got it. Does anyone else feel like this? It's not all the time but is my mind making me feel like I have symptoms. Surely not for over a month? :(

Cymenthy

The mind is a complicated thing, and can play tricks on us for sure, so I would say that it is always possible to make nothing into something. My first blood test came back negative, but the second one was positive after the antibodies had time to develop. I think you need to just give yourself a break, and chill out. You can have another blood test in a month or two and know for sure. Until then, stay busy, try and stay positive. I am not an expert, and fairly new to the virus, but a month seems a long time, but maybe others will know more.

Acesheart

Yes, I agree the mind can do many things. I seen a segment on Television about hotels and bed bugs, now when we visit I bring my own bed bug spray.and pillows and sheets. I.have bad phobias and these things can occur at anytime. Never in my life had I made myself believe strange things, since discovering web and internet I think I see too much information , which back then no information no worries. Sometimes it is very easy to convince ourselves of things that just aren't true. I think its all natural with all the scary things we see and read in todays society. Relax, if you tested negative , your most probably negative. Anxieties can cause many things. Truly, Ace

lampshade1

I just convince myself at one point I'm okay then I feel tingling in my lower back or tops of thighs? I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it or if it's there. I've had it for nearly the entire month. Would these symptoms just go or should I put it down to anxiety? I'm sure the more I read of symptoms I get them? My results at 5 weeks exposure, were:

Positive for hsv1 at 3.504.

Negative for hsv2 at 0.256

Like I said I know I'd test positive for hsv1 due to my coldsores but are my hsv2 results high for 5 weeks exposure? I honestly don't know, there's so much conflicting information.

lampshade1

I'm just worried at 12+ weeks it'll get higher and higher. Maybe just over thinking. I know for negative its >0.9 but I'm just hoping it stays that way. Thank you so much for the replies. I honestly feel better just coming on here :) maybe some light at the end of the tunnel

Jdk1580

Hi Hannah.. Hope you are ok? In from the uk also.. Can you tell me more about the tests you have had? I have had what the doctors believe is a first outbreak contracted from oral from my partner of two years.. I had swabs done on visible sores and a blood test but when I asked for blood results doc just said positive.. No actual results for hsv1 or hsv2... Just simply positive.. I had no e done through my local gum clinic.. Where did you get yours done? Bf wants a test but our doc won't do it until he has visible sores.. He has never had genital sors before only mouth ulcers and the odd coldsore.. Sorry to bombard you!! Jdk xxx

lampshade1

I'm fine thank you lovely. Hope you are too! Of course! I'm kind of in the same boat. I haven't tested positive. Unfortunately because I don't have any visible sores I went through the better2know private clinic. If you go on the better2know website they give you a list of clinics and then you pay them over the phone (I was a bit dubious at first) You have to pay £130 to have a test done unfortunately. I had my tests done last Tuesday (at nearly 5 weeks exposure) and got the results Thursday night. I emailed the clinic then got a call back with my resiults. They tell you if its hsv1 and hsv2, which the chap then emailed me the units the next day. Really good service and I've asked my possible giver to have one done too and from there I may go for another one at 3-4 months (if nothing turns up). I hope this helps. :)xxx