World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
AmiDreaming

HSV-2 and oral sex

AmiDreaming

Is it possible for someone to receive or give oral if they have HSV-2? if so what is the risk of transmission? from female to male?:confused:

chickentuna

yes its possible to have oral sex... although rare its almost impossible to get oral hsv-2 as its not in its preferred location... so if u have genital hsv2 and receive oral then it is a small risk of spreading to someone else orally..

http://consults.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/18/giving-your-partner-herpes/ here is a short article on transmission rates.. you can see that the percentages are very low..

here is another one as well

it talks about the spread of herpes. http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_prevention_tips.htm

Acesheart
Is it possible for someone to receive or give oral if they have HSV-2? if so what is the risk of transmission? from female to male?:confused:

Hey Ami. Welcome to our family :) . I have ghsv2 for 25 years, my hubby of 22 years is still a non h man. We have sexy times and oral pleasures both unprotected.. I am on antivirals for 25 years and only had2 outbreaks ever. These antivirals reduce viral shedding and supress my outbreaks. I am female and we enjoy our marriage and our bodies, Love is way more Stronger than herpes. If you have any questions please feel free to ask :) . Take care, Truly Ace

barbaross

dental dams are another way not to pass the virus in oral sex. still since it is not the preferred location of the virus. you shouldnt worry too much about it

AmiDreaming

Thank you, but can anyone tell me when did they feel comfortable with their significant other going back down there for the first time?

Acesheart
Thank you, but can anyone tell me when did they feel comfortable with their significant other going back down there for the first time?

Honestly it took me longer than two years to totally feel comfortable. But when your relaxed and in love with your partner and they know their risk is like less than 1%, being on antivirals and having h2 genitally, the chances of it going oral are very slim. That h prefers the genital location. If it's genital h1, it is still harder to pass to the oral location with antivirals. If your relaxed and not stressing this, oral pleasures will be much more pleasurable. Take care, hugs Ace