World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ghk2013

Newly diagnosed and desperate for help from people with experience! male 25

ghk2013

Hi guys

I was diagnosed with Genital Herpes last year in January. I had been having sex with my new partner and within a few weeks I had the most awful symptoms and had to go straight to the clinic. My first outbreak was by far the worst as I had sores directly in my urethra and I was prescribed with the antiviral acyclovir along with co-codamol. After extreme pain when urinating the symptoms finally died down after about 2 weeks.

I was told by the clinic that I would probably never get symptoms again after this. Well that was completely wrong as within a few weeks they were back thankfully just 1 or 2 blisters on the side of my penis on my foreskin. I didn't seek any medical attention and this went after about 2 weeks.

Then as the months went on I would gradually get more and more small blisters. These would appear and then go away after about 2 weeks but then shortly after that I would get more again. It seemed to be coming back at least every 1-2 months. I can't remember ever going 2 months without symptoms.

I have now been prescribed 6 month suppresive treatment of acyclovir taken twice daily. This seems to be working fine but the doctors have said I can only have this for 6 months. The other day I missed my dose and I have started to get tiny blisters again.

I am extremeley worried that I will forever have reoccurring blisters once I finish this treatment. I feel like every time it goes away it just comes back again a week or so later.

Should I be having this many episodes and outbreaks? I have read that people only get an outbreak once or twice a year. That is definetely not the case with me.

My girlfriend who I believe I contracted it from only gets coldsores. I believe that I contracted genital herpes after when she gave me oral sex as then the symptoms seemed to appear after about a week of exposure. I am in a perfectly good relationship and we love each other despite this problem. She is very understanding so it helps a lot.

Just looking for any help / advice / similar experiences or anything.

Thanks for reading guys.

John.

chickentuna

heyit can be typical to have back to back outbreaks, although anti virals should help suppess them.

for the first year it is usually the worst with outbreaks , as mine was.

outbreaks should lessen over time, with less severity and less frequency.

everyone is different with herpes, many have one out break and never again, many have never had an outbreak, and many have back to back outbreaks.

try to check your immune system and stress levels. look for vitamins and herbal supplements tha can help lower stress levels, boost immune system and help lessen ob's. some examples are L-Lysine supplement (helps to stop the virus from replicating and taken daily, can reduce outbreaks), vitamin b-12 or valerian root (for help with stress) and vitamin C, astragalus root, and many others for helpwith immune system.

glad you have the support that you need to get through this and hope this has helped. any other questions feel free to ask.learn all you can by using the herpes information library on the right hand side of this page for a lot of information. also youcan come into live chatroom for some immediate answers as well with the link located at the top of your screen

Acesheart
Hi guys

I was diagnosed with Genital Herpes last year in January. I had been having sex with my new partner and within a few weeks I had the most awful symptoms and had to go straight to the clinic. My first outbreak was by far the worst as I had sores directly in my urethra and I was prescribed with the antiviral acyclovir along with co-codamol. After extreme pain when urinating the symptoms finally died down after about 2 weeks.

I was told by the clinic that I would probably never get symptoms again after this. Well that was completely wrong as within a few weeks they were back thankfully just 1 or 2 blisters on the side of my penis on my foreskin. I didn't seek any medical attention and this went after about 2 weeks.

Then as the months went on I would gradually get more and more small blisters. These would appear and then go away after about 2 weeks but then shortly after that I would get more again. It seemed to be coming back at least every 1-2 months. I can't remember ever going 2 months without symptoms.

I have now been prescribed 6 month suppresive treatment of acyclovir taken twice daily. This seems to be working fine but the doctors have said I can only have this for 6 months. The other day I missed my dose and I have started to get tiny blisters again.

I am extremeley worried that I will forever have reoccurring blisters once I finish this treatment. I feel like every time it goes away it just comes back again a week or so later.

Should I be having this many episodes and outbreaks? I have read that people only get an outbreak once or twice a year. That is definetely not the case with me.

My girlfriend who I believe I contracted it from only gets coldsores. I believe that I contracted genital herpes after when she gave me oral sex as then the symptoms seemed to appear after about a week of exposure. I am in a perfectly good relationship and we love each other despite this problem. She is very understanding so it helps a lot.

Just looking for any help / advice / similar experiences or anything.

Thanks for reading guys.

John.

Hey John, welcome , I'm Ceci :wavey: I have ghsv2 for 25 years. The first years were the hardest. I have since stayed on acyclovir for the first 16 years and it worked great, about 9 years ago I was put on Valtrex and now its generic Valtrex called Valacyclovir. It sounds like your genital herps is from oral sexy times, cold sores, and this h1 when goes genital is less contagious and shedds less. It means after you get these outbreaks undercontrol you should have way less outbreaks. Did your partner know cold sores were herps? I didn't, I had no clue and have learned so much here. Here is a book www.westoverheights.com, please read all you can. We can help you both get educated on the h. Please read here too in our lovely herpes library located to the right side of the forum posts. Take care.and please just know that I'm married now 22.years and I have never passed my h, my husband and daughter are both negative :) . You can live a great life with h. I was 26 and married when I got mine from that ex hubby. Things happen in life we may not understand but I take them as life lessons. If I never got h, I most probably never would have known my hubby at that time was cheater, or met and married my now husband and had my daughter. See I consider h my blessings. Take care keep us posted, and please just know you are not alone. Hugs, Truly Ace