World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
LThomas

LThomas

Hello, new to the site. I just found out I have GH a few months ago. I am 26 yrs old, no kids or dating but scared as hell. I just want to meet people in my situation and learn as much as I can. I really need the support, I really don't want to tell my family or friends, I rather gain support from people who have been through this and maybe get the courage to talk to my family. Thanks, hope to talk to you guys soon!

chickentuna

hey there i havent told my family either just a couple friends and boyfriend.. i have had ghsv1 for 3 years now. and at first it was horrible my emotions were high already and to get an outbreak was even more difficult to manage my emotions. just know it gets better with time it did for me. i seek therapy for various reasons which always helps.. imanage my stress as well.. by taking supplements and jud relaxing...boosting my immune system also helps again using supplements. i am an avid weight lifter so i always keep that in my life... i have two jos and go to school... and i have only had 2 out breaks in two years.. so yes it takes some time to get overthe mental part of having this virus,, but just know its mostly harmless very common, and 80% of population has this virus.. chickenpox mono and coldsores are all forms of herpes to..

Acesheart
Hello, new to the site. I just found out I have GH a few months ago. I am 26 yrs old, no kids or dating but scared as hell. I just want to meet people in my situation and learn as much as I can. I really need the support, I really don't want to tell my family or friends, I rather gain support from people who have been through this and maybe get the courage to talk to my family. Thanks, hope to talk to you guys soon!

Hey LThomas, welcome to our family. I do understand how you feel. I have ghsv2 for 25 years and I am female I do have a daughter now. I no longer get outbreaks. Back then I was newly married and 26 when I got my genital type 2 from then husband. He lied and denied and we divorced, no kids.. Now I have been married for 22 years and my now husband is still non H man. We also have a non H daughter too. You can have whatever life you choose. Do not give your herps power or controls over what you will or can have. I don't give my herps control over my marriage. We still have love making and oral pleasures too. The chances of transmissions are very low. I am female, harder for us to pass the h. I take antivirals daily, reduce shedding & supress the outbreaks. and My Vit.B12 complex sublingual keeps my prodromes controlled, I don't get as bad as many do. The Vitamin helps promote good nerves health and provides energy and relieves stresses. Don't sweat the small things and try to relax. You can and will have whatever you desire if you choose to. Take care honey. Hugs, Ace :hithere:

LThomas

Wow, im so glad to hear your story. I was concerned about when i finally wanted to have a family about passing this virus to my child. I was starting to feel like i wasnt going to be able to have a family or marriage. I do have an ex boyfriend i really care about and were trying to work on things and now that i have found out i have herpes im scared to tell him and he's going to be mad. I just thought it was weird because he has a child by another and i dont think she has the virus, him, or the mother of his child that i know of. I guess im still trying to figure out a way to tell him and he still want to be with me.