World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
quirksome

Suddenly Severe and Spreading, any advice?

quirksome

sorry, i posted in wrong place?! argh...

KCT21

Is this your first outbreak? What kind of herpes do you have and where is it located?

quirksome

Thanks for replying. i've had this for 23 years, and I was never told it was anything other than "genital herpes." Just recently it has gotten so bad, I'm at my wit's end... I re-posted my issue in (what I think is) the correct place, but now I'm just confused. After I originally posted it said don't post herpes experiences here, but now the heading is different... honestly, I've never used any message forum before and have no idea what I'm doing.

Acesheart
Thanks for replying. i've had this for 23 years, and I was never told it was anything other than "genital herpes." Just recently it has gotten so bad, I'm at my wit's end... I re-posted my issue in (what I think is) the correct place, but now I'm just confused. After I originally posted it said don't post herpes experiences here, but now the heading is different... honestly, I've never used any message forum before and have no idea what I'm doing.

Hey quirk, I have had ghsv2 for 25 years, I am a female too. I stayed dormant for 23 years just had my second ob after 23 years, it was very mild and I stay on daily antivirals and Vit.B12 complex liquid sublingual, I get it at Walgreens. Are you taking meds (antivirals) ? Its okay we here learn together. Im 49 and just found this site a few years ago in 2011. I had been a forum virgin too.lol.. Its okay just ask any questions here. Here also is book www.westoverheights.com , just click it and bookmark it . We also have a lovely herpes library located >>>>>

to the right side of these forums Threads. I am remarried now for 22 years and my hubby is a non H man. I have never passed my H to him :) . If its tips you need please tell us , let us know what you need we can help. Take care ad keep us posted , also message me anytime. Hugs Truly Ace :hithere:

quirksome

hey aces, where to start... after over 2 decades of breaking out only every few months, I started breaking out frequently (I chalked that up to wedding planning stress) and I started taking Valtrex. It worked for several months, but then I broke out and stayed broken out, it was like herpe ping-pong down there, back and forth. A week ago, I had to switch to Zovirax (cheaper). I'm a mess, at least 3 breakout areas now and feel more coming on, spreading to new sites, just terrible.

I carefuly tuck gauze to stop the aforementioned "ping-pong" effect (how else can you keep your labia from touching itself?), I "dab & drop" a dozen times after peeing (as opposed to "wiping", every pee is a project!), bought a removable shower head so I don't have to use my hand to swish the water around to clean properly, use paper towels in the same dab & drop method to dry off (can't use a bath towel like a person), i sit here spread eagle trying to let it air out and dry up as often as I can (having a cat is frightening, poor bastard doesn't have a clue why i'm squirting him with water every time he looks at me... he took a swipe at my netherlands once, and we can't have that!) and i haven't had sex with my husband in months! what else can I do? and to boot, my hubby at times thinks I'm faking to avoid sex with him?! c'mon! I can't imagine dealing with this "forever." The first 22 years were bearable, but this is not.

I will definitely check out that book. And get vitamin B12? Is that a thing? It helps?

You are very sweet to write, and thank you. You sound very calm, and I am most certainly not. Traveling with family in a month to a reunion, and how can I possibly deal with this? Then there's the rest of my life... It honestly makes me wish I have one of those early, sudden deaths... how is each day a gift when every pee is a nightmare? Ack.

quirksome

oh, and apparently I'm the ONLY patient my ob/gyn has with herpes? at least that's how it seems when I need help...

Hottfoxxy

Soak in Epsom salt baths or oatmeal baths to dry the area out... Use some zinc oxide cream as well... Kick up the vitamins as ace says and try not to stress so much easier said than done I know...

Acesheart
hey aces, where to start... after over 2 decades of breaking out only every few months, I started breaking out frequently (I chalked that up to wedding planning stress) and I started taking Valtrex. It worked for several months, but then I broke out and stayed broken out, it was like herpe ping-pong down there, back and forth. A week ago, I had to switch to Zovirax (cheaper). I'm a mess, at least 3 breakout areas now and feel more coming on, spreading to new sites, just terrible.

I carefuly tuck gauze to stop the aforementioned "ping-pong" effect (how else can you keep your labia from touching itself?), I "dab & drop" a dozen times after peeing (as opposed to "wiping", every pee is a project!), bought a removable shower head so I don't have to use my hand to swish the water around to clean properly, use paper towels in the same dab & drop method to dry off (can't use a bath towel like a person), i sit here spread eagle trying to let it air out and dry up as often as I can (having a cat is frightening, poor bastard doesn't have a clue why i'm squirting him with water every time he looks at me... he took a swipe at my netherlands once, and we can't have that!) and i haven't had sex with my husband in months! what else can I do? and to boot, my hubby at times thinks I'm faking to avoid sex with him?! c'mon! I can't imagine dealing with this "forever." The first 22 years were bearable, but this is not.

I will definitely check out that book. And get vitamin B12? Is that a thing? It helps?

You are very sweet to write, and thank you. You sound very calm, and I am most certainly not. Traveling with family in a month to a reunion, and how can I possibly deal with this? Then there's the rest of my life... It honestly makes me wish I have one of those early, sudden deaths... how is each day a gift when every pee is a nightmare? Ack.

Hey quirk first off sweety, YES you can use towels. Buy some baby wipes with aloe and get that Desitin I told you about. Use the blow dryer on cool settings to dry that area before applying the Cream.I used pads, thin ones, mine was infected and yucky from hole to hole. I won't go into details but trust me , Major Yuckness! Lmao..

Yes, my Vit.B12 is now liquid sublingual i get it in Walgreen's and it is called Nature's Bounty big white box with big Green B on front. It promotes good nerves health, gives energies and relieves stresses. Also Melatonin is great for calmness and sleep. I take two 3mg pills sometimes I only take one, depends how calm I need to be, lol.. I have bleeding ulcers and I take medications for those. They really hit me hard since last October, I am super careful what I take when I take it. Also you can try L-Lysine or simply called Lysine , the site recommends 1250 mg twice a day it helps keep herps from replicating in the body and it is in most foods we already consume. I hope some of these tips can help you honey. I know that after 25 years with my genital h2 , I have stayed on antivirals & Vit.b12 , I really do not get any problems from my h. My stresses are my biggest triggers, Stress can kill you! It's what my Dr's preach to me monthly. Take care and keep me posted. Hugs sweety, Truly, Ace :itllbeok:

quirksome

It's so nice to be able to even talk about this with someone! it's such a dirty little secret I hide from friends and family. well, I spent 40 bucks at CVS last night buying creams, salts, and vitamins, so hopefully... off to my epsom bath shortly :) DRY MOTHER%$&#ERS, DRY! lol, so clever to a limited audience (at least I made myself laugh). Have a lovely day (insert flowers and rainbows here).

quirksome

I wanted to thank Foxxy for her reply, but the post didn't make sense way down here! :wavey:

Acesheart
It's so nice to be able to even talk about this with someone! it's such a dirty little secret I hide from friends and family. well, I spent 40 bucks at CVS last night buying creams, salts, and vitamins, so hopefully... off to my epsom bath shortly :) DRY MOTHER%$&#ERS, DRY! lol, so clever to a limited audience (at least I made myself laugh). Have a lovely day (insert flowers and rainbows here).

Hey quirk, I have held my secret for over two decades till I came here. It is very nice to have a place with friends who will support you and give you flowers and rainbows :) .. I like to grow the flowers and I once every blue moon , see a rainbow ;) .. Take care and message me if I can help. Truly, Hugs Ace , keep me posted