That sounds identical to my diagnosis...
I was treating what I thought was a yeast infection, I first tried the oral pill, which usually cleared it up, but nothing. I went to the doctor and they did a swab and she suggested I try the three day ovules, which burned and hurt a lot (I had used them before and never had that reaction) but continued for three days (they also did a swab for yeast, which came back negative so it was obviously the start of my outbreak). On day three I noticed what looked like a cut on my labia and started panicking. I went back to the doctor who I had seen, and she told me it was a cut and prescribed a corticosteriod cream (I asked her to take a swab and she assured me it wasn't herpes). Over the next day I noticed two more small cuts (no blisters or anything, it just looked like a cut) but they were extremely painful. I made an appointment at the sexual health clinic and they did a swab and started me on antiviral medication. Waiting for test results was like torture, on top of the unbearable pain and many failed attempts to soothe it. Anyways, last month the diagnosis was confirmed, positive for HSV 1. I'm not trying to scare you, but I was misdiagnosed twice...
I hope for your sake it isn't, but you need to know that if it is, even though it may seem like it, it's not the end of the world. I agree with Lisajd, take a step back... wait for your results.
You're not part of the impossible. Transmitting genital HSV1 to another person's genitals is close to impossible. Transmitting oral HSV1 to a person's genitals is quite possible.
@WilsoInAus do you have a source with a number for adult oral to genital transmission of HSV-1? Because kissing is not the same as oral sex. If it were the same, then with your numbers it would take about 6000 licks/kisses before you'd reach ~50% probability of transmission. How many licks/kisses per session of oral sex? How many kisses per session of adult kissing?
I estimated oral to genital at 1% based on personal experience and a rough eyeballing of numbers from observing posts about oral-to-genital HSV1 infection on these forums. It may actually be higher.
I guess I'm part of the impossible. Because I had genital blisters I thought I had hsv2. When my blood work came back I test positive for hsv1 and negative to hsv2. As my doctor put it oral hsv1 is not a std but if you happen to get in on your genitals then from someone that has cold sores then it's an std. Which I knew that already about how hsv1 infect people. Even thought I asked my partner if he was clean and his response was yes she thinks he did no wrong because it was oral hsv1. Which I understand, however, I still wish he told me that he had oral hsv1.
It's around 1% probability per episode from asymptomatic shedding. It sounds low, but consider this: 99% probability of not being infected per episode - after about 70 episodes you're 50% likely to have transmitted. Doesn't look so low now does it?