Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChevyBoy84

Girl w/Genital Herpes kissed me and sucked my penis... Can I get it????

16 posts in this topic

I have just been told that this girl I was with last night has genital herpes. Me made out and she sucked my penis. I didn't touch her genitals at all! Can I get it? Are the chances high? What do I do???? Im freaking out!!!

OMG YES YOU CAN.

jesus, GENITAL HERPES, unless she kissed you w/ her vagina lips not possible.

So yes I can? Or were you being sarcastic? Please dont scare me. I am freaking out right now.

UNLESS HER VAGINA TOUCHED YOU -you cant get it

Well she did say it was only genital herpes. So just to make sure ...

I can't get it from making out with her or by her giving me head .... right?

You have no idea how much of a reality check this is. I am so scared right now...

I have just been told that this girl I was with last night has genital herpes. Me made out and she sucked my penis. I didn't touch her genitals at all! Can I get it? Are the chances high? What do I do???? Im freaking out!!!

Did she tell you this?

Do you know for sure that she just has genital herpes?

Why don't you ask her exactly what her herpes situation is?

It might be a difficult conversation for you both, But you need to know. It will also help you in the future when you need to ask someone you are going to be intimate with about any type of communicable diseases they may have.

Hopefully this will have a good outcome for you! You can learn from it to be respectful, careful, ask questions, and have a hsv free life. You might be a lucky one.

Well i did talk to her. And I guess she only has outbreaks on her vagina and not in her mouth or anythin like that. I still have plans to see a doctor but do you think I could have gotten it if i didnt come in contact with any sores or outbreaks?

I don't believe you can get it without being in contact with the area that has it.

Do see your doctor though, That a good idea.

it is a good thing that she told you her status before you performed oral sex on her or engaged in genital contact. not everyone will be so upfront. I hope that you are respectful of her honesty and consider her feelings before sharing her std status with others.

If she has oral herpes you can get it in your genital area from her performing oral sex on you but this does not mean you did get it. If she does not have oral hsv then you should be just fine.

If she has genital herpes and you touched her anywhere in the vaginal area such as sexual intercourse or giving her oral sex you could get it.

you should be informed that condoms are not 100% effective against contracting herpes from someone who is infected which means that even if you use a condom you are still taking a risk because the infection is not always in the areas that are covered by a condom. Skin to skin contact can transmit the virus.

Yes there are antiviral medications that can reduce transmission and combined with safer sex practices can prevent infection.

there are many std's that can be transmitted through either oral or genital sexual contact.

good idea to go to the doc, but youll be alright, you can relax.

she prob should have mentioned herpes to you before anything even happened, but some people just dont do that.

How many days does it take to feel symptoms? Can you feel anything like 5 hours after or am I just making my brain feel things.

true symptoms can show up as early as 2 days after exposure but as far out as 21 days for most people. Some people never have symptoms.

if all you did was allow her to perform oral sex on you and she does not have an oral infection of herpes you will not have an ob or symptoms because you won't be infected.

If you want to get tested you will probably have a negative test result. If you were infected it takes weeks for antibodies to develop and show up in a blood test. If you should develop blisters or ulcers on your penis or in the area around the base of your penis in the next month you should get yourself to the dr and get the blisters swabbed and get a test that way. If you go the route of numerous blood tests you will want to wait to have a second one until about 12 weeks from exposure and it still may be negative and then again a month or so later and refrain from sexual contact in the mean time so that you don't take any risks of infecting someone else.

but . . . if she doesn't have oral herpes you could be putting yourself through a lot of stress for no good reason. do you believe her? she told you she has genital herpes and if you didn't go there you should be just fine.

How many days does it take to feel symptoms? Can you feel anything like 5 hours after or am I just making my brain feel things.

yea, if you really put yourself through the ringer, you will def start to develop symptoms, its like if 1 person on a plain says they are sick, then everyone starts to develop the sickness, why... cause they think since they are confined in the plane w/ the person that they have to have it... mass paranoia.

thats why you need to relax, a) you will feel better B) if you do have herpes which is VERY unlikly, herpes and stress are not the greatest friends and can cause a ob.

Well I just called the doctor and I will be having a full blood work done. Hopefully I will test out negative. All I can say is this was a huge eye opener for me. I was, and still am, scared to death.

One more queestion ... If she was having an genital herpes outbreak at the time ... but all we did was make out and she performed oral sex on me ... can I still get herpes?

One more queestion ... If she was having an genital herpes outbreak at the time ... but all we did was make out and she performed oral sex on me ... can I still get herpes?

No, you can't.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• cantdoit
      I've never had an ob. What I thought was herpes related may be an allergy or lichen sclerosis. I feel I sometimes have little zaps which may be nerve related. When Bill Halford releases his ABVIC test I'm going to take it. You can't get a western blot here. 
    • Blahdittilyblah
      "It is what it is" that has been my approach as well I was diagnosed I believe 2 days before you. Although I don't hold tight to the date to give it less power. The first day was rough, followed by some down and out days. I know whom I got it from. I had one new partner within the last six months. My igg came back negative but delevloped other symptoms later. I had a PCR and it was positive. I was confused, ashamed, felt dirty and violated. I was newly single too which really put a quick end to the dating thing. My partner whom gave it to me had no knowledge she had it asymptomatic never had an outbreak. I'm a little abnormal when it comes to bad news I quickly get over things process it quickly and move forward. I also don't fault the individual it's a risk we both unknowingly took. What helped me is gaining knowledge on something I had no real knowledge of, learning facts, prevalence in society, how common it really is, and how many people carry it but have no clue. Understanding I could have a terminal illness or something that will shorten or greatly hinder my life helped too. You being married is a good thing you don't have to have those awkward conversations and hope that the information is safe with that person. Your husbands in the same boat so you guys can support eachother. The main factor is that you as a person haven't changed you are the same just a medical condition to deal with like anyone else who has a medical condition. 
    • Sammie27
      Wow. Do you have any symptoms at all?
    • Gregor
      Hi all, So 5 months ago, I received oral sex. a few days afterwards, I started to feel a sting in my urethra.. very brief and intermittent.. a few days after that, I was experiencing a burning feeling after urinating, and a few days after that, on 2 occasions, a little bit of pussey discharge, and an irritated feeling in my urethra. I went to doctor who said it must be Gono, and he gave me the standard treatment. A few days after this, and the irritated feeling went away, but I would experience occasional sharp stings at the end of my uretha (like a pin prick) when not urinating, or a quick sting mid pee. This would happen 0-3 times a day. I returned to doc who told me my Gono/Chlam test was negative, and he tested for all the other bacterial stuff (micoplasma, ureaplasma, thrich, etc. All negative. After this test the symptoms went away (about 19 days after infection). I moved on with my life, but roughly a month later, I felt a sting one evening, and a week after that, my urethra was going crazy - stinging when I peed (not burning), the brief stings again, and an electrical static like feeling in a sensitive urethera opening. A tiny bit of clear discharge. I went to the doc the next day, who treated me for Chlamydia (no test). I took Azithromycin, and 10 days later, I did 10 days of Doxycyclone. Neither of these made a difference. I went for another swab, and after the swab, the symptoms stopped again. Note - that during this time, I could have days with symptoms, and some with.. sometimes just one sting a day, sometimes a few. Never really a bad burn. The discomfort itself was pretty minor, relative to the psychological aspect! Since then, I've been experiencing on and off symptoms of this nature: First Episode 19 days Remission 26/35 days 2nd episodes 30/22 days Remission 19 days 3rd Episode 14 days Remission 14 days 4th Episode 13 days, but trailing out   Have had more tests for bacteria, but always negative. Docs had no clue. So after some research, I read that Herpes can cause urethritis, but it is very rare that it would exclusively cause this, without any visible blisters. I decided last week, to go for a blood test. Today I got the result: IgG < 1:230 IgM < 1 Not sure if that is relevant, but just putting it here. Doc didn't understand why I was freaked out, because I was not experiencing any lesions. I told him about the chance of herpetic urethritis, and he said it was likely, and that if there were no visible signs, then I have nothing to worry about, and that a large number of people have these antibodies. So here is the thing: The problems started after the oral sex. - No bacterial infections have been detected after multiple tests - The symptoms come and go - The symptoms seem to be quite neurological, in that they're stings, rather than a burn. However, all the research I've done into urethritis suggests that people who have had this have experienced severe pain, cysts in the urethra.. it sounds positively horrible and as I've said it doesn't burn when I pee generally (maybe a tiny bit, a small percentage of the time, and the symptoms are very intermittent. I also didn't experience any fever or other physical symptoms when this started. So on one hand, everything else seems to have been ruled out, but the symptoms don't seem to be completely consistent with herpes. I've never had a cold sore or any outbreaks before - but the test shows the anti bodies, so there is a chance I have had this in my system for a while.. Does anybody have any advice or experience to share on this matter? The doctor has done a swab of my urethra, but since the stinging frequency has calmed down, and there aren't sores, I don't know what the chances are of them finding anything if I in fact do have genital herpes.. He tests did not show if type 1 or type 2. Freaking out, because I don't know how to deal with this, especially because of this uncertainty! Thanks guys
    • LinksJ
      So what else should I do for confirmation then? Keep testing igg negative? Get a WB that even if it comes up positive doesn't give location? Wait for an OB that may or may not happen (I've gotten blackout drunk had a full bender and no OB so far...) Waste my senior year of college? Who do I owe this? If I take protections and pass something is it not my doctors fault? I'm not avoiding responsibility here, trust me man I've been through the wringer. If I swab positive the  I will disclose every time. The fact is idk how to get a diagnosis here, and I'm in the prime of my life (21) and it sucks to see all these girls, and waste my best years how old are you? @gonnakillher
    • uloveu
      I was diagnosed with herpes when I was eighteen years old.  That was over twenty years ago.  Ever since then,until recently, I'd been plagued with guilt every time I would share a cup with someone much less kiss or have intercourse.   My paranoia about my condition manifested itself in many debilitating ways but none more affecting to my mental well being than a completely overblown fear that my condition was obvious to anyone I spoke to or even had eye contact with because of an imagined blight running the length of the rim of my bottom lip.   For years I was convinced the skin under my lower lip was so obviously inflamed that I tried everything imaginable to conceal it.  From taking Valtrex, to Lysine, to Vitamin C, to using concealer, I tried everything in a desperate attempt to hide my guilt and shame to the world about my condition.  The most tragic part of all of this was that no one actually could see what I thought it was I was hiding from them.  Even though when I looked in the mirror I could plainly see a bright red inflammation, what people were reacting to was my use of makeup to try to cover up what wasn't there! When I first started showing signs irritation in my lower lip, the condition was noticeable enough and a reality, but as most of you have probably been told, the first breakout is the worst.  It wasn't until I started seeing a psychologist that I was made to realise that I was transferring all of the reactions from people to my initial outbreak to the rest of my everyday life.   If there's anything I can do to help anyone in this life it is to tell you this: It is very possible that the shame you feel from the reactions to yourself by the people in your everyday life, is brought on by your expectation that they will see you as a diseased human being instead of what you actually are, which is just you.   I hope this can help someone out in some way to try to understand that a lot of the shame you feel is all in your head.   People don't see you as a disease because that's not what you are.  You are just you...Nothing more, nothing less. I was a shut in for about ten years and now I'm living in a life I never could have imagined just a couple of years ago.  I didn't find a miracle drug, I was just shown the light of common sense by a very competent professional.  I suggest you try the same.   Good luck,          
    • cherryblossom91
      I'm so like... idk. Shocked? Unsure the blood work is right..   My journey has been so sketchy and unsure. I initially went to an urgent care July 24th with a lesion, I was told it wasn't herpes. They took a swab and sent me home with antibiotics (not antivirals). A couple days later they said I was in the clear, the next day they said they couldn't tell..  days after they said I was positive for GHSV 1. Lesion cleared up in 4 days. 8/23 I got blood work done, today they (my primary GYN) called me to tell me that my blood work was negative.. range was like .09  I told her my swab was positive but given urgent care's sketchiness she was disregarded it. They even did the newest type specific test and said I was in the clear.. I protested and told her that the virus may be dormant or what have you and she laughed and reassured me I was in the clear. I've disclosed to people close to me when I was "diagnosed" cried every night etc. Eventually accepted that I had it and now I don't have  it? Idk.. a part of me does believe it because urgent care didn't know what they were doing in the first place.. so I guess I should be happy?
    • cantdoit
      Hsv 2 IGG is a low positive and could be a false positive. Either get tested again 12-16 weeks after last exposure or get a western blot. Google Terri Warren who is an expert on everything herpes and check out the question answers. She talks a lot about false positive readings. For you I hope you are. 
    • Scared12345
      Is it safe to take constantly or should we take breaks so it doesnt stop working for us?
    • Scared12345
      I take the drops ....2 a day but its the 1:1 potency. The cheaper one intake about 4 or 5
  • Featured