World's Largest Herpes Support Group
jenn40

Bisexual, Newly diagnosed

jenn40

Being bisexual it is already hard enough to meet women- now this. I am concerned I will be forced to live a straight life now because of this- any input or advice from anyone on here?

Acesheart
Being bisexual it is already hard enough to meet women- now this. I am concerned I will be forced to live a straight life now because of this- any input or advice from anyone on here?

Hey jenn, my daughter is named Jenn too and she is bisexual too :) . no honey you don't have to change who or how you love. I've had ghsv2 for 25 years and I am married to a non H man for 22 years. I would not have changed how I loved , even thought I got it from a man first marriage. I did make the choice to be careful and cautions about who I choose to trust with my mind, heart soul and body ;) . You will be fine we have many same sex partners here and they do and adjust just fine, you will too. Hugs honey and here is a great read www.westovrheights.com please read up on this. It isn't a deal breaker as you may think it is. Hugs, Truly ace :itllbeok:

Snazberries3

I'm bisexual and have the herpes. I was just diagnosed on Friday and I am hoping my life won't change to much. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

jenn40

Thanks for the input. Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis... I'm in the same boat. Where you from?

HerpedUpOne

I'm a Kinsey 5 male (I'm into predominantly men, occasional women, but treat relationships monogamously and I don't cheat - that doesn't mean one doesn't have a STD in the background (e.g. dormant herpes) and accidentally spreads it, or thinks that being a carrier means there is no risk. Human emotions and beliefs are not evil by default; few people who knowingly have it are out to infect everybody - if they are, you can bet that class action lawsuits will eventually be filed. Check out certain news events featuring HIV+ people...)

From my perspective, if a person (male or female) loves me - all of me - and accepts the quibbles (even a STD), then I would be happy to be with that person regardless of gender. Love is about the soul. I hope love can last forever and it's up to the partners involved to make the effort.

Acesheartshineson1's response was a great read as well, IMHO.

Acesheart
I'm a Kinsey 5 male (I'm into predominantly men, occasional women, but treat relationships monogamously and I don't cheat - that doesn't mean one doesn't have a STD in the background (e.g. dormant herpes) and accidentally spreads it, or thinks that being a carrier means there is no risk. Human emotions and beliefs are not evil by default; few people who knowingly have it are out to infect everybody - if they are, you can bet that class action lawsuits will eventually be filed. Check out certain news events featuring HIV+ people...)

From my perspective, if a person (male or female) loves me - all of me - and accepts the quibbles (even a STD), then I would be happy to be with that person regardless of gender. Love is about the soul. I hope love can last forever and it's up to the partners involved to make the effort.

Acesheartshineson1's response was a great read as well, IMHO.

Hey I totally agree :) ! We love who we love. It's what I've taught my daughter, she's 19 and she prefers females over males. The hearts wants makes it the happiest. My daughter hasn't told anyone but two friends and myself about her bisexuality, I've only told her, hubby and doctor's about my h. I'm happy you've found us. Your post was an excellent post. I absolutely agree with your positive outlook about if someone wants you it's all or nothing nomatter the gender. Hugs honey, Truly Ace :hithere:

HerpedUpOne
Hey I totally agree :) ! We love who we love. It's what I've taught my daughter, she's 19 and she prefers females over males. The hearts wants makes it the happiest. My daughter hasn't told anyone but two friends and myself about her bisexuality, I've only told her, hubby and doctor's about my h. I'm happy you've found us. Your post was an excellent post. I absolutely agree with your positive outlook about if someone wants you it's all or nothing nomatter the gender. Hugs honey, Truly Ace :hithere:

Thank you much! :):hithere:

The heart and what it wants indeed gets the say.

I know my boyfriend is getting tested next week. I know he was in shock when I first mentioned something was wrong "down there", and he fears being an asymptomatic carrier... and it's very possible that he's negative - meaning I am the one with something I could potentially give him. Which scares the bleep out of me. I've already changed my diet, am exercising more, and keeping a close eye on things since the doc stated that suppressive therapy should not be considered unless more frequent, moderate/severe outbreaks occur. So far, the dosage of acyclovir given has shown somewhat fast results (it's been a week now and the sores are clearly healing). My trigger is probably anxiety combined with insomnia, but I'm doing many diet changes anyway. For him as much as myself. When a person is so compatible, there is nothing wrong in doing things for them - even if we're supposed to do things for ourselves first and foremost. I want to be healthy for him.

I wish I could tell the future but, so far, he's been supportive and I mean much to him (and the feeling is mutual; he is the world to me. Even told my counselor how much he means to me... The fact he accepts me, H and all, shows a LOT about his character and sincerity. If his test results are negative, then it's going to be difficult but it can work out. I recall him saying something about cold sores (which most people get) so he probably will get a positive test result... he could have gotten it from me, or a previous lover. I could have gotten mine from him, or a previous partner. But no one is to blame, and while I felt devastated in telling him, I cared. To not tell would be horrible. And stuff happens. I know he cares, and that's more valuable than gold.)

HC Support Network is a fantastic resource; I've learned a lot in such a small space in time. People sharing stories, treatment options, diet, how having this is NOT the end of life (the stigma and perceived value of stigma being given more merit than actual facts in our society)... and so much more. In so many ways, H really is blameless - I did not know that it can be easily transmitted via sweat (hence condoms being potentially ineffective), how many doctors don't include H tests by default, or how people who have it may not know they have it at all (it remaining dormant for years or decades before the first outbreak).

*hugs* as well.

MissAnonymiss

I'm bi curious and I just want to make ONE encounter happen. Just one and see how I really feel about women.

A little doubtful it's going to happen now. :-/ I don't really think I'd want a relationship with a woman (I don't know yet I guess) as I have always preferred men, but I really want to experience my sexuality fully while I'm young...