World's Largest Herpes Support Group
brandNewLife

LGBT resources

brandNewLife

If I'm doing something I'm not supposed to, moderators please let me know!

This site is by far the best I've found online for community and support, so first off, thank you very much for what you have here! That being said, it's really not LGBT focused, and while I really do appreciate hearing what my straight companions are going through and getting the chance to share with them, I just really feel lonely both here and in real life. I know quite a few people with HIV, but really no one with HSV. I was just wondering if there were any Gay Herpes sites that have active chat communities?

hatsu

sadly I don't know of any. but the women that I know, who has it as well, seemed to be fine with herpes. they still do what they do sexually, they take meds when they feel they're getting an ob. I'm fine with having herpes now. the only thing that I'm a bit concerned about is " the talk ". but eventually I'll be fine with that too, when the time comes.

I'm sorry for rambling like that..... it's just that I don't really know what you're asking -__- :/ .

brandNewLife

Haha rambling is good :) Well, I'm glad that's where you are, sounds like you are working through everything well! What I was asking for, I guess I was fuzzy, was where to find a group of gay folk to talk to about this situation to see how they are dealing with it and just to not be lonely. This chat is really great here, but I've never seen another gay person in this one. That's really all I'm hoping to find is some type of community. Forums are ok, but was really hoping for a live chat option. From the sounds of things I guess that doesn't exist.

hatsu

I've never heard of any myself. I guess in this situation with the virus, it doesn't matter if you're straight, gay, pansexual, etc. because when it comes down to it, we're all trying to see the bright side of this virus. so here everyone's just talking about getting over the shock, contemplating getting into a relationship with people who doesn't or have the virus, having a family, and letting people who are close to us know about their ordeal. ever since I've been here, I've never looked at it the way you're looking at it. just go on the chat room and ask whatever you need to ask, and hopefully there will be someone who can answer it :) .

HerpedUpOne

I'm gay and, based on law of probability and other factors, was recently infected by my partner. Not deliberately, certainly.

I found a bright side - it will force me to exercise more, eat better, etc, to keep future outbreaks down. I miss being with him in intimate ways.

SweetNScattered

It would be cool if there was an LGBT forum category on here. (Not sure if "category" is the right wording. I mean main topics, like there's Newly Diagnosed and The Secret of Our Success). I've only been here a few days and it seems like a really helpful and thorough website with great forums. And since there is a shortage of info out there in cyberspace specifically geared toward HSV and the LGBT community, it could be a really welcome addition to the site.

Acesheart

Hey SweetNSCATTERED, I think since just like h2 oral and h1 oral, not much information on LGBT site exsist unless you get the information from those users who live this lifestyles with their partners. For example users tell me their isn't a forum particular for married.couples, well yes.there is, but most of this information comes from users like me who have lived married life over two decades, this is where our experiences or informations come from. Only those who experience what you experience can actually give advice. Otherwise it's like me trying to explain being single and dating, I can't I've been married almost 23 years with ghsv2, my husband is still non h man. Users ask what's the secret. I think that part is the same nomatter who you love. Keep the immune system up and healthy. If your having outbreaks, treat accordingly. If your having prodromes, my advice is Vit.b12. Some tell me they already take that, it doesn't help. So the basic knowledge is the same, it's the situations that make us individually needing information on our particular situation. Does this make sense? It's hard to say. I think anything I can learn from another is valuable! If you have experiences or have information that could help someone else, Please certainly post it. We could even make a sticky thread, it means when a user clicks this forum, your thread will be on top of all others. We all just contribute to the massive amounts of knowledge and experiences here, therefore we all learn from each other. I hope you find a good support buddy here. It's great, I have several that I ask all the time for their knowledge. Many great friends here of all sizes, shapes and genders to help get everyone educated in their h and how it will affect their lives. Truly, hugs to you. Ace :)

hatsu
There is a little page out there with some tips, focused on gay community Link here

That link is only for gay men. Is it really impossible to find anthing on lesbians?

trippy78

I am a lesbian and until now have found no support .. I have been on a few dating sites and met a few people but as soon as I tell them I have herpes they run for the hills. It would be nice to talk to other lesbians that are going through something similar.It's to the point of frustration to be judged merely on a condition that 1 out of 5 people have and are unaware. For those of us with a honest heart seem to get shafted.

eileen

Trippy I have a question, when do you give "the talk"? I've only given the talk 2x in my life and honestly since h, I haven't really dated and not so eager to do so. I told this girl I like on our second meeting that I have genital herpes (hsv2) since we felt mutually connected, then she started researching on it. Also asked me a bunch of questions like what's the statistics of women-to-women transmission, which I didn't know how to answer cos I couldn't find data online specifically for lesbians. So I don't really know when to give "the talk".

meg988

hi all, bi woman here (f preference) just contracted ghsv1. obviously dont want to use dental dems with female partners so how likely is it that i spread the virus without being on antivirals and without protection ?