just joined

pixiedust

Hi I was diagnosed with hsv2 yesterday. I'm having my first ob now and it hurts soo bad! I can't get comfortable at all, the pain wakes me up at night! Im on acyclovir but doesn't seem to be helping my ob, it started 6 days ago. How long is this going to last? Will my vulva ever feel better? I can't go through life with this pain and burning. I kind of feel like this is the end of everything i used to know! How will i ever have a sex life again?

I'm sooo scared!:confused:

I luv u babe!!

Babe, you will have sex once again! I'm here for you in this ordeal. Life as it seems will get back to normal. You're a beautiful woman and we will get through this together. I need ur help too!

PixieDust,

I felt the same way did regarding having sex and I must say that I was intimate with my boyfriend about three weeks ago and it was wonderful. You will get better and feel better too. As a result, eventually you will become intimate again. I know you do not believe it now, but you will.

pixiedust it takes a couple of days for the Acyclovir to really kick in. For me I really started to notice improvement by day 5. Yeah that seems like an eternity today but it will happen.

Here are some suggestions that you may or may not have already tried.

Loose clothing, cotton undergarments that are not tight as well, epsom salt baths or baths using the Aveeno Active Natural bath powder for itching, Domeboro astringent compresses to heal the blisters quickly, drink lots of water, and maybe consider taking vitamin supplements designed to boost your immune system and impair the virus from replicating such as vitamins c,d,e, b complex, lysine, zinc.

There are lots of recommendations from other foum users for things that have helped them too.

how about these links?

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_simplex_1_and_2.htm

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/immune-system.htm

I hope you feel better soon and it looks like you've got a good guy out there who really cares about you.

I Understand!

Hi Pixie. I got diagnosed Friday. I know how you feel. I have been in my house crying for days. I too feel like my life is over and hate that this is now my life. Hate! I guess in time we will adjust. I am seeking a therapist next week. As far as dating, I am devastated. I think I will join a local H singles group. I am in Atlanta and they look like a large group. Maybe you have on in your area. The thought of dating someone without it and having to tell them . . .not for me. I have heard of the rejection. And, can you blame them? If a man I was dating told me before my diagnosis I would have run too, I think. But, all that in time. I don't plan on dating for a while!

Jenniferinatlanta

Pixie Dust and Agent Orange...

I wish the best to both of you. How wonderful you can be there for each other! You'll find many good people on this site. Sadly, not too many use the chat feature. I am a huge believer in therapy and support groups. I know right now you're probably feeling kind of like a leper, many of us did (or still do). You'll have your good days, and your bad ones. I'm 3 weeks in and this site has been an enormous form of support and information. And it has even given me the strength to out my self on AIM. Leave me a private message if you'd like to contact me. Hang in there, they say there iS life after herpes!

was that my voice?

Myself, I can't even begin to think about dating until I can wrap my head around owning this virus. It's mine now, I guess I own it, right? I kind of feel like my body was forclosed on and now someone else is living in it.

Last night I was talking to a friend and she asked me if I had heard from this man I had been talking to before I had gone on a trip in April. He and I had dated a few years ago and were back in touch, and planned on rekindling our relationship.

What I heard myself say, as if I was listening to someone elses voice, was.... I am in no possition to date right now. I have a disease and it's contagious. I'm nowhere near ready to tell that to someone!

So, like a chicken, when that man had called me a couple of times I just didn't return his call. It made me feel horrible. I wouldn't want to be rude or hurt his feelings. But I can't speak those words to a man I'm interested in yet. nooooooowaaaaaaayyyyyyyy.

That's why right now I'm hanging out with friends and family. I've only told my closest girlfriends. I have to have some support and I know they won't judge me.

I will say that I do plan to date again at some point. I love having a partner and I want someone to share my life with and a playmate. I'm 48 years old and I don't want to be alone forever. And I have to say...deep down inside I don't think I'll be alone forever. I'm with you Jennifer, Maybe I'll do the H-date thing when I'm ready too.

Hi Pixie. I got diagnosed Friday. I know how you feel. I have been in my house crying for days. I too feel like my life is over and hate that this is now my life. Hate! I guess in time we will adjust. I am seeking a therapist next week. As far as dating, I am devastated. I think I will join a local H singles group. I am in Atlanta and they look like a large group. Maybe you have on in your area. The thought of dating someone without it and having to tell them . . .not for me. I have heard of the rejection. And, can you blame them? If a man I was dating told me before my diagnosis I would have run too, I think. But, all that in time. I don't plan on dating for a while!

Jenniferinatlanta