Anyone from Kansas City?

TamarJackson

I'm not in Kansas, but I don't want you to feel isolated. This thing can make you feel alone, bit you are not. Unfortunately, (and fortuantely) we are all here to support you. How are you?

It's a hard pill to swallow! I'm away on vacation and had a break down last night. I'm here for my bday with my best friend and another good girlfriend. My BFF knows but not my other friend. I've had the best time, but yet in middle of it all, I had a break down! I cried and cried!!! It was just a bit much! Now, truth be told, I'm sure all the cocktails help bring on the tears, but none the less I found myself in tears. I continue talking one moment at a time and you should try to do the same....

I'm not sure it is denial or just trying to keep myself from freaking out by saying to myself "it's nothing". But then I realize that I completely stopped dating because I don't think I will ever be able to tell anyone that I have been exposed to HSV2. So now I'm stuck between having spending the rest of my life alone or having to eventually tell someone. Not sure I can handle the rejection. Sorry, not yet at the point where I can be okay with all of this yet. I just hide in my house and watch movies. Lame, I know.

It's not lame; it takes time to adjust. Try, try, not to ball up in corner and let life pass you by. There is still a lot of living to be done! Take the dating thing slowly. I don't know how I'm going to deal with that either, but in the meantime I will do other things, like travel. Like I said, it's a moment by moment thing; I don't think anyone has written a book on a guarantee way back to happiness after your life has been flipped upside down by some BS!!!! We are all different and have to process this in our own wAy and time....

Traveling would be the cat's meow for me. I know it sounds crazy but I've started buying lottery tickets in hopes that I can escape for a while. Sounds like a good plan to me...lol!

• 11 months later...

Hey I am from Kansas city area and Just found this site about two days ago. The bottom line Herpes suck the past three years been hell for me. I was married for twenty years my wife and I was separated for a year because of my son illness and other issues and in Kansas who file first the other person most leave the house. Six months later I met a old college friend and I got a surprise two weeks later. Could not tell my wife so I just divorce her been alone since. So I just keep busy I have taken folks to movies and dinner but no sex or relationship because could tell anyone I HAVE HERPES you guys is the first person I have inform. Currently working on my bucket list and trying to enjoy life with my college kids and stay busy. If you just need to talk please let me know your secret is my secret and e can work on different treatment. This is a great site check out the treatment section if I know about this site three years ago I would have save about five hundred dollars on false cure.

• 7 months later...

I too am in Kc with this nightmare. Don't know how much support I can be because I can't help myself in this thing. I hoped that maybe there would be more people in this thread to talk to(hopefully that means less cases of infection and not just people not giving a f#%k about the issue) but after looking around i feel more shut in then before. I don't really mind being by myself. I just hate the fact that it feels no longer like a choice but a sentence. I don't talk about this to anyone in personal life and I've given up on the idea of being sexually active anymore so outside of playing video games and doing my best job (under the circumstance) acting like things are just slow going but fine around people I have to interact with I've got no social life at all.

I'm not the kind of guy that needs attention or friends to validate how I feel but this problem here is different. So anything that can help (no matter how insignificant it may seem)in Kc would be most appreciated by me even if I'm the only one who's reading this thread.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...