World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Nathaning

(TRANS) Hormone therapy affecting the OB's?

Nathaning

I'm still waiting for my bloodwork results, but both me and my doctor seemed 99% certain that it's herpes. And it's painful as f*ck.

I'm transgender (FtM), and would like to reach out to any other transfolks out there. If there are any? I've noticed being a minority in a minority can get a little lonely. (Being queer I already like to call myself a double rainbow :p)

Now, I read that hormone levels can affect OB's, and any hormonal medication could increase the frequency of the outbreaks. This is something I'm worried of. Right now I'm on my third day of this initial OB and the pain is possibly the worst I've ever felt.

Has anyone noticed any connection between hormone treatment and the OB's? If you're a dude and on testosterone, do the injections affect you?

This is also making me intensely dysphoric, since I've been forced to be conscious of my genitals 24/7. It's really getting me down, feel like I can't stand it much longer.

On the other hand, I feel like this might actually help with my lower dysphoria, since I'll appreciate my lower bits more once they feel and look healthy again. Struggling to stay positive.

Elle22

Rapid changes in your body like hormone changes cause stress, and this stress can your immune system function. Your immune system is what keeps the virus under control. Therefore, hormonal changes have the potential to cause outbreaks.

However, each person has different triggers, so you really just have to see what works or doesn't work for you. If hormone treatment causes frequent outbreaks for you, you might want to consider taking a daily suppressive dose of antivirals. This can help prevent obs.

Nathaning

Thanks for the reply!

If possible stress is the only reason hormone treatment might be risky, I could imagine hormone replacement therapy wouldn't be a huge problem. I've been on T for over 2 years, and getting my injection every 10 weeks seems to relieve my stress levels rather than increasing them.

You're right about each person having different triggers, of course. I'm just gonna have to wait and see and try to stay cool about this. I seem to have my partner's full support at least.

Acesheart

Nathaning, I'm going through menopause, again! I thought we ladies only went through the hormone changes once we had hysterectomy or stopped ovulations. Doctor told me hormones can hang in for things like Hot Flashes for years!! I'm doomed, I've had hysterectomy 10 years ago, my hormones have gone wacko. Just wanted to say welcome sweety. I know of another who is trans, when I find this user, I'll send you a private message and you can message her. Hugs honey take care Ace :tee:

Nathaning

Thank you! There seems to be a very warm and caring atmosphere on this forum. :)

Acesheart
Thank you! There seems to be a very warm and caring atmosphere on this forum. :)

That's because were a community, a family of herpsters. We know and we live and have experiences with the h. Everyone here has experienced or will experience at least one issue in common with another member here :) . It's nice knowing we're truly not alone. It's helped me better understand and also disclose to my daughter. She's bisexual and only thought herps came from genital sexy times. We didn't ever hear of genital h1. I always thought they , the doctors typed you where the outbreak was. I've learned so much and have made numerous friends, true friends, all across the wide world :) . I'm happy your here. Today's technology has made that possible. Our site owner has given us a place to meet and vent and get educated. Some have met their partners here too. This site is.amazing to me . I'm happy to have such a wonderful family here. Hugs, truly Ace