Jump to content

Doctors In My Town Have No Cule!!!


Recommended Posts

Hello Folks

I went to a clinic in my local town to have some test done, well first the nurse questioned the hell out of me and then the doc came in to check me out. I also asked questions and looked in my mouth, nose and ears, and he also checked around my penis area. He then told me that he didn't think i really had anything because i looked healthy to him. so i then told him about all my symptoms, and he then preceded to tell me about another person that came in and thought he had something because he had been out cheating on his wife and it was the stress that had him thinking that he had something.

He then said but we will take some blood and run some test anyway and see what happens, he said there could be some other problems.

Well a few days later the nurse called me back with my results, she said, and i quote "YOUR COLESTRALL IS A LITTLE HIGH AND AS FAR AS YOUR HERPES TEST GO, YOU HAVE THE KIND THAT CAUSES BLISTERS AND COLD SORES" Dahhh, so i then asked well what kind is that and she said "I BEILIVE IT HSV 1" so i then asked her well what can be done about it and she said "NOTHING, THERES NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE" so i asked well what about valtrex or something can that help with anything and she said "NO THAT WONT HELP" so i then hung up the phone in disappointment, not because of them telling me i had hsv1 because i had pretty much already self diagnoised my self on that, but i was because it seemed that they really didn't know what they were talking about and doing.

Can someone please advise me on what i need to do now. i think i need some type of meds or something.

Thanks for any help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You actually got more information on your call than I got with mine. I had to make an appt with the actual dr and he handed me the formulary to read myself and told me I could just take antivirals but no need to use condoms. He then referred me to the CDC website.

You may have better luck talking to the dr and asking for a prescription. Valtrex is very expensive and some health providers will only cover Acyclovir which is similar but I've found it works for me. I had to specifically ask for an RX for suppressive therapy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought it was only me who felt like there dr. didnt know anything. B/c i had started doing the research when i first thought i had it. My dr is nice but i get the impression she only knows like the brief pamplet info

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Posts

    • Hiitsmeimtheproblem
      To give some context I hve been suffering with this for the last 6/7 years this came about after I had varicella zoster on the inside of my body a week after I started getting clusters of spots on the top of my buttock they are not painful as such can be itchy at times but majority of the time I don’t feel it when I have an outbreak. I’ve been to various doctors who say it’s a fungal skin infection or a bacterial skin infection. I’ve asked if it’s herpes but they will say it’s not without even testing it. 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hello there @momma267 and welcome. There is no reason to believe that what you have there is other than a pressure sore, something that has emerged from rubbing with clothing or butt cheeks and exacerbated by bacteria or yeast.  Note that the first you’d learn of herpes is unlikely to be on your butt, instead where it enters your body, this is usually within the vaginal lips for females.
    • momma267
      So to begin with, I am 26 and have been with the same partner for 8 years. I have only been with three people ever, one completely protected and the other we were both our firsts. I got this rash on my but while pregnant and my doctor said she was testing for it and I'm so confused. I've had two babies, breastfeed, and never had anything as much as a cold sore. Does this look like something anyone has experienced? I used fragrant soap down there and am hoping it's contact dermatitis or a heat rash from sweating and gaining so much weight.  Advice would be helpful. I'm stressing out a bit as I am pregnant. Blister https://picallow.com/blister/  
    • harrygauff
      @WilsoInAus could you kindly have a look :) also how long does it typically take for herpes blisters to develop into sores
    • harrygauff
      Hi, it is me again, apologies for the recent influx of posts. I've noticed a slightly raised area on the middle of my top lip with what i feel are some bumps. i do have a habit of biting my lips a fair bit and this area is frequented by my teeth. I haven't noticed any unusual/abnormal tingling or burning or pain sensations. the photos are a bit difficult to focus on them but do these seem like the start of cold sores? note: I will be visiting the drs for an std checkup in the coming week. https://imgur.com/gallery/YLVA5us
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.