World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ekw8908

Hsv2 genital and don't know what to do!

ekw8908

I found out I was hsv2 positive last week. My current girlfriend that i know of, is negative and would like to stay that way (obviously), decided to stay and be supportive of my situation and very understanding. But...we are kind of hitting a dead end on what to do as far as being cautious if we decided to engage in sexual activity again. Can she get it by using her fingers? Does she really have to wear a stinking glove...because that would just kill it for me. I tried to research precautionary measures for lesbian couples, but can't really find anything, just heterosexual precautions. hopefully someone can help me out. Guess the main concern is how can we be sexual without me giving it to her?

devastatingnews

okay- I know there isn't much information on same sex couples- but if you read between the lines, there is plenty- its just not addressed that way- so as with most things you have to extrapolate... but its easy to do...

BECASUE we have more genital surface area to receive the virus, we are more likely to get it from a man because of penetration. This includes the idea of penetration by a member where the virus is present.

so-

herpes is a very contagious virus- IF it comes into contact with the thin sensitive mucous membranes of your face or genitals you can expect to transmit the virus- good news is virus is ONLY present in the area in which you are infected. If you have GENITAL herpes, your mouth can not transmit he virus- the virus is present in its home and does not travel unchecked throughout the human body. you will not have the virus on your fingers, or mouth or toes- unless you rub those body parts on your own genitals where the virus is present- then they can become vectors, but otherwise are not infectious.

You will not get an infection on your hands- she wont get herpes on her fingers from touching you. Her genitals wont be exposed to the virus from your fingers alone.

if you are GHSV + you have GENITAL herpes- it does not exude from every pore- it is present on your genitals, not your fingers, not your mouth, etc- .

Her fingers, or yours- COULD function as a delivery method- she touches your genitals, then her own-she gets the virus on her fingers, then transfers to her own genitals- or you touch your own genitals when the virus might be present- and there is no way to tell- now your fingers are a delivery vector- so I guess the answer is to be so into your partner sexually, with your hands that she has no space or intention to get her own hands anywhere but you- and you both focus on each other! Sounds like a good deal, no? Lol.

Your direct genital contact is probably similar to a +female transmitting to a -male, because your actual genital skin where asymptomatic shedding is present will not penetrate your partner, so there is less susceptible female genitalia in contact with the + partners genitals.

My point is take care of each other, without taking care of yourself in-between and your hands are golden.

I am not sure of either of your GHSV1 status on your faces-

but I will say that IF you only have GENITAL herpes, then your mouth can not transmit that infection to your partner-

Hope this helps

ekw8908

I suppose there is no need to worry about it anymore, since she was just recently diagnosed with hsv2 also...:(

WilsoInAus

Thanks for the update. You are right, there is little more to worry about in terms of 'additional' infection. It would be better to be a little careful as new infections are very infectious for the first six months. I imagine one of you has the established infection though.

ekw8908

Considering my ex was tested negative, I was positive after starting seeing my current gf, and my gf was tested positive last friday. It's not clear to know who passed to who...but that doesn't matter. She said she's been tested for std checks, but never asked specifically for being tested for herpes, which apparently in the US, you have to ask specifically for that test or you wont be tested for it. I find that absolutely absurd, why wouldn't they just test you for it if you're already going in to be tested for stds anyway?! It's no wonder this virus is getting passed on like wildfire..seriously. I'm a little dissappointed in the medical field anymore.

devastatingnews

Im so sorry. I know you were here to try and do your best to protect her.

Frankly I am thrilled- I hope she had it before and you don't have tramsmission guilt, but now I hope you both have mild cases, no symptoms, and now you don't have any of the transmission fears - best of luck