World's Largest Herpes Support Group
dangitinAL

Internal Outbreaks for Women and possible treatments that I have used.

pollyanna1
For the moderators, if there is a better place for this thread, please move appropriately and oopsy.

Over the last couple of years I have had the worst problems. It began with internal breakouts on my cervix which kept me swollen shut!! Prodomes out the butt.. figurative and literal..lol

Chronic fatigue like symptoms.

Flu-like symptoms

Brain fog

hip and leg nerve pain.

Of course, completely swollen vagina. On the good side, no real PAIN. Just discomfort, cramping and the worry that chronic swelling can cause other issues for women. yea.

I know I had other symptoms but darned if I can remember them all. ;)

I have no problems letting you know the things I have tried. My cramps weren't HORRIBLE but were on occasion uncomfortable to say the least. If you aren't taking care of your body by eating junk, drinking too much, etc.. you might want to try cleaning up your diet and begin exercising moderately. Heavy exercising will cause a breakout..or does for me. Just a suggestion as a lot of people have said it eases up symptoms.

I have no problems telling others as I know a majority of women didn't have this issue. I seem to be in the rare one percenters as I have nicknamed myself...lol. I stole it from the bikers.

I had some of crazy issues with my vagina. My vagina was literally swollen shut! The gyno kept saying I was negative for BV or yeast infection but I must have cleared it up and was just dealing with the "aftermath" and it would go away. Well, during one of my last few exams the nurse practitioner gave me AVC Cream (sulfanilamide) vaginal cream in a huge squeeze tube with an applicator. I swear within a week, the internal symptoms finally eased up. I kept on using it for several weeks until used it up. I did an applicator full at night and then used a tampon to "hold" it in place. Works wonders. More importantly, it seemed to get the infection to the outside.

I never had any EXTERNAL breakouts the whole time. Sex didn't hurt me either. Heck, the swelling made it more for fun as I always had strong blood flow..lol. Only good thing I can say about it.

Also, I had weird issues like urine being on the TIP of my tampons - how the hell does THAT happen? I can only figure I must have had a small tear for a short time that allowed it but healed before I got to the doctor?!? He acted like I was a nutjob because I have never been pregnant and that is the only way a woman can have ulcers/tears in the urethra/vaginal wall supposedly. Personally, I think I had a ulcer sore that was leaking the urine and it was causing a weird burning feeling. Trust me, it burned hell but I also think it helped to heal the sore. Wouldn't recommend that particular treatment though.. bleh. Urine is technically sterile so it wasn't causing any issues other than keeping the small tear clean.. That is my theory, could just be crazy.. lol.

However, being swollen all the time IS SOOO NOT good for us women. The inflammation is what can possibly cause damage in the long run.

Here are some things I have sent to others:

1) ask your doctor for a free sample of sulfinimide/AVC cream. Most doctors throw it at you if you ask for it. HUGE tube lasts a while. It works wonders on the internal OBs AND it will ease up the itches external too. I believe it's the sulfur that helps. I don't think I have had another internal breakout since using a full tube up. It is an old treatment for yeast infections which they will say you have anyway..lol.

2) If a more natural route is wanted. I find a combo of cup of coconut oil melted, 10-30 drops of tea tree oil, 10-15 drops of lavender oil (maybe), about 1/2 tspn of olive leaf (all I have is extract doesn't blend well at first), about 10-20 drops of melissa supreme (lemon balm) extract from Gaia herbs, but whatever you can find. I am just too cheap for an oil mix of either of the olive leaf or the lemon balm. I mix this together in a sealed container and shake it well. I wait until the coconut oil hardens up and restir it. It will stay mostly hard until 74 degrees. I remix it after it hardens up. This combo stops the itches roughly about 8 hours at a time. I put it on after shower, when I get home from work, before bed and any other time. Also works pretty good for sexcapades if not using condoms as the oil would probably break them. when you put it on it should have almost a cooling heat bengayish feeling. You will have to adjust the tea tree oil to your level of comfort. I like it fairly strong. I have been known to put upwards of 1/3 cup in the mixture of tea tree oil...but that's just me.

3) Internal OBs/yeast infections/BV - couple of options to get the above mixture inside. A) use a sex toy and lube up for fun..lol.. one of my favorites unless it's really hurting down there. B) make sure the mixture is melted and soak a tampon in it for about 10-15 minutes and then insert like a normal tampon. make sure the tampon is the plastic kind and it sooo doesn't work to pull the actual tampon plug out of the cylinder and soak it. Trying to get THAT up the vagina is a nightmare. Trust me, just soak it in the plastic cylinder, it will hold the same shape and insert like normal.

4) Sulfinimide - Once you have inserted vaginally following the instructions, use a tampon to "plug up" the area and hold it in overnight. Old trick a doctor told me about to hold the medicine in place for yeast infections. It works.

5) Strangely enough this helps with the itchies too but the internal itchies like yeast infection. Put a couple of heaping tablespoons of PLAIN live culture yogurt mixed with enough purified water in a lidded container that you can lay a tampon down in the mixture fully. It should be a fairly liquidy texture just about the texture of full milk. Now drop about 3-4 plastic tampons in the mixture, seal it and put in fridge. Ok, you can use one in about 10-15 minutes and you will be very pleasantly surprised at how wonderful a cold yogurt tampon feels on the itch!! Stops the itch almost immediately. Also helps with BV but only because it helps bring the PH back to normal. Use the other 2-3 tampons within 2 days or so and make a new mixture to be used no later than 3 days at a time. I have used the mixture for a longer time than that but ehh... I push the envelope on stuff sometimes, too...lol.

6) another possibility is a douche of 3% peroxide/purified water. I get the cheap box of 2 douches from whatever store of your choice. Pour out the crap, rinse them well and pour your half peroxide/half purified water and lightly douche. No forceful douching. You will be amazed, especially if you have a yeast infection, what happens. Don't be surprised if you feel a "bubbly" feeling. THAT is actually a good thing. See,funny thing is your vagina produces peroxide naturally. A yeast infection or BV happens when the PH is out of wack. The peroxide will reset the PH and get you back on track. Do this 1-2 times daily. A breakout could be coming from having BV or yeast infection causing issues. They seem to run hand in hand. It will keep BV and yeast infections away if douche after sex. At least for me it does.

7) I strongly recommend you look into kefir. Preferably the kind you make yourself. You can find out about it on ebay - Nicks Nook is the only one I can remember. I started back into it and either the water or milk kefir is fine. If you aren't into milk or soured milk products then you probably want to try the water kefir. It will repopulate your system with the good bacteria. Milk kefir is about building immune and probiotic in gut/intestines. Water kefir is supposed to be more about detoxing? That is what I read anyway. Either one can cause a detox affect so build up on drinking it slowly. Maybe start with 1/4 cup to test it out. If no icky feeling, up it. Go through that until your comfort level. Personally, I drink about 8 oz daily of milk kefir. I find that water kefir is more annoying as it produces such a larger quantity and takes more products such as fruit, sugar, etc.. Milk kefir just wants milk, no direct sunlight, 70-80 degrees and a bit of time.

At least try to get some good live culture yogurt as low sugar as you can stand it into you 2-3 times daily or buttermilk if you can stomach it. If neither of these sound good, then the water kefir or even kombucha drink will work fine. Yea, the idea of growing a bacteria to drink sounds gross, but if you think about it, you are nothing but a bacteria culture!! Your skin is crawling with good bacteria/bad bacteria, etc. I swear by the kefir but I don't really have the space to do it at this time. I like it in smoothies and the water kefir can be made to taste somewhat like a fizzy fruity flavored soda. Having good bacteria in your belly, intestinal, etc will help with a multitude of issues and rev up your immune system to boot!!! The stuff you make yourself will almost never taste like the store version until you doctor on it for a while and figure it out. BUT homemade has better cultures.

You can try taking tagamet (cimetidine is the generic $4 at walmart).. update: for herpes, according to google searches 200mg 3x daily and then a 4th dose of 400mg at bedtime. It seems to work to some degree for me. Works for some, not for others. You have to decide if it is worth it. It seems to be helping as it builds up in my system. I take a crap load of stuff so, personally.. ehh.. can't keep up with such a rigid pill popping.

Tagamet, B 12/ b6, super lysine from Quantum, Olive leaf extract 500mg 2-4 times daily, omega 3-6-9, primrose oil and a few others..lol. I found Swanson's is usually the cheapest generally for products and only $4.99 for shipping no matter how much you order but just google it and find the cheapest AFTER shipping costs.

Ok, that is some of my suggestions I can remember right now to any /all who want to try. BTW, for any men, I would assume just rubbing on for the oils.. lol. I just know internal OBs are a bitch to heal from personal experience for women.

BTW, I found the PH balancing washes will make it soooo much worse.. at least for me it did. I use dove sensitive soap only. No scented products, no girly stuff for down there to smell good, etc. I can tell you shaving down there makes it break out asap for me!! Just keep a close trim and tell him to adjust.

Now, in the meantime, you can try a couple of the above that may or may not help. I really do believe the AVC cream was the changing point for me at least for internal OBs. I will take external breakouts over internal any day. I was having a bitch of the time with prodomes until I started drinking the kefir daily.. but that is another story. You have enough to read through and try.

Honestly, read up and google natural anti-inflammatories such as olive leaf extract, black cumin seed oil, CoQ10. There are others but it depends on any medical conditions you may have and what you are comfortable with. Double check to see of any contraindications for ALL meds and supplements you are on and any medical conditions you have. That is very important. Some of these supplements work but if say you take blood thinners, the olive leaf extract, coq10 and several others would cause the blood to thin.. that could be a problem. Soooo... just read up and don't trust in others, read up, read some more and google some more.

Oh yea, as for the prescriptions you can also try famcyclovir (generic famvir), or valtrex (there's a generic of it too). Famcyclovir (famvir) is usually used for only active outbreaks but since it is the only thing that actually worked for me without horrible side effects or no effect, my doctor started out with a daily prescription of 250mg 2x daily but upped it after a few weeks to 500mg 2x daily. It really eased up actual outbreaks but, didn't help me with prodomes, dammit, like most people. I am weird though and react funny to stuff. I tried Acyclovir at like 500mg 2-3 times daily and it might as well have been tictacs. No change. Valtrex actually made me sick with nausea, headaches and literally dropped myIQ. Bleh.

I hope some of this will give you some idea of where to start to see what can help. To begin until you can get to the doctor, try the peroxide/purified water mix and the yogurt? I don't know what your finances are like so that maybe the cheapest beginning point. You could try olive leaf extract but I wouldn't start out with any more than 250-500mg 2x daily and it is CHEAP at swanson's and they have a 500mg dosage. (www.swansonvitamins.com) they deliver usually within about 5 days after order. If you take too much of the olive leaf extract it will cause a herximer reaction (translation worse). Basically it means you are overloading your bodies capacity to filter the toxins being put off by dying bacteria/viral.

I am not plugging Swanson vitamins, I also order from puritan.com, or amazon.com or vitacost. I will say amazon's delivery times just depends on the vendor selling it. Vitacost took almost 2 full weeks for an order!! ARRRRGGGHH... that doesn't work well when you are in pain, swollen, or just frustrated with this crap!

Ok, that ought to keep you busy for a few days..lol. Hope one of them works.

Happy research and I hope some of this helps you as it did for me.

thanks honey. You helped me alot once ;)

dangitinAL

I am glad something helped. Acesheartshine asks me to give my personal experiences and possibly things I have tried. I figured I needed to post it for any to try. I just hope it helps others.

Acesheart

Hey :itsme: dangit, you certainly did the work for this post, I sincerely thank you for taking the time and doing this for all of our users. You've been one who has many experiences and your support you have shown by sharing is invaluable to us! Thank you again, I'll let those user's know where your post is. Thank you again, hugs Ace :hithere:

pollyanna1

after you suggest me everythin you wrote above my disturb feeling all gone for good like 5 mos now. No prodrome or anything and I am outbreak free for 11 mos now!!!! yay to mee :D

dangitinAL
after you suggest me everythin you wrote above my disturb feeling all gone for good like 5 mos now. No prodrome or anything and I am outbreak free for 11 mos now!!!! yay to mee :D

I am so glad I could help! Makes me smile.

dangitinAL

Wow, I just read through that. I rambled all the way through. Sorry for the rough read but I hope it can help someone.

Hugs. It gets better.

cupcakes12

I have been taking acidopholus and valacyclovir andI havent had a vaginal problem since.

bluerose95

Hi dangitinAL, this is kind of weird because I have been experiencing these types of systems for about 2 years now. But I was just diagnosed about a month ago with GHSV1 and they just took a blood test then because of the lesions in my genital area. The H was mainly found because of reoccurring yeast infections and a bad case of bacterial vaginosis (BV). I did just start the half and half peroxide douche about 3 days ago now to get rid of the BV which was so bad I thought it was killing me slowly. Any way back to what I was saying. Did you just come to the conclusion that it was internal breakout or did a medical professional determine that? Because I have been having those systems for a while.

I must say thank you for your post, it gave me some insight to what I was feeling.When I was not sure exactly what was happening.

dangitinAL

to date my gyno will not admit it. However, I get back aches, hip nerve pain, flu like symptoms and my vagina swells shut. I don't usually hurt.. just worried about the chronic inflammation mainly. I only hurt like right now when I am on my period, bleeding heavy, swollen shut and trying to use a heavy duty tampon which I go thru in about 2 hours. tmi but there ya go.

They keep saying negative on BV or yeast infection but I "must have cleared it up before coming in".. lol. I finally gave up worrying about it. I KNOW it is after they checked me for all infections they can think of and STD/STIs. I would recommend if you can talk them into giving the vaginal sulfinimide, to try it.. unless of course you are allergic.. then nevermind.. lol. I found using it for a few weeks usually FINALLY resolved it.. at least temporarily. Just get tired of using it day in/day out and it is messy but using a tampon after inserting the cream really helps keep it in place to work it's magic.

I have found that usually I am having issues with BV and/or yeast infection whenever I am having a breakout. Just seems to go hand in hand with me. I get one cleared up and one of the others pop up. Like I said, I worry more about the inflammation.

I find it interesting that others have mentioned these issues but no real information on some of the possible remedies for it. All I ever found was external. So if something I have listed helps, I am very glad.

dangitinAL

I have endometriosis.. makes everything female related worse. I have breast fibroids too.. but they are very small.. it is hereditary.. Mom had them really bad. I have metabolic syndrome too..lol

bluerose95

I was just diagnosed with ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids, about a week after being diagnosed with ghsv1, and I am sure that don’t help anything. :(

greenjean

Thank you for bumping this up.

I regularly deal with an "inside job" also, lol.

In the past I have used a mixture of witch hazel and a few drops of tea tree essential oil mixed in a spray bottle. Shake well each use. Apply as needed. It's wonderful at night after and Epsom salt soak.

In *some* instances Peppermint essential oil can also be very effective in this mix but must be used sparingly.

I mean really sparingly. Too much and it could make things more aggravated in such a sensitive place.

It is best used on mild to intermediate flare-ups. If things have gone to an extreme it may be best to skip the peppermint at that point. I would suggest adding one drop at a time to the witch hazel and see how it goes.

Your mileage may vary.

I have never tried sulfur cream as suggested by the op, but it makes a lot of sense and I will be asking my doc about it next visit.

bebehotmess

Hi hi! =)

Has anyone tried probiotics or ? Some insert them vaginally and oh, I read this method where you open up the capsule and then mix it with distilled water ..hence, a paste! Then dip it with a tampon or a q tip. Wait, will this douche work too?

DangitinAL,

I find a combo of cup of coconut oil melted, 10-30 drops of tea tree oil, 10-15 drops of lavender oil (maybe), about 1/2 tspn of olive leaf (all I have is extract doesn't blend well at first), about 10-20 drops of melissa supreme (lemon balm) extract from Gaia herbs, but whatever you can find.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge.. how does Melissa Supreme help? Is there any other herbs you could recommend? =) And about the Peroxide Douche, I got this 6% solution instead from a pharmacy.. is it the same?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions:oops::oops::oops:

dangitinAL

bebehotmess...You will do 1/4 peroxide (if 6%) to 3/4 distilled or purified water. you have twice the diluted amount than in most stores. melissa supreme or lemon balm is one of the recommended herbal tinctures some use on here for external breakouts.

I use probiotics every day oral and yes I have tried as douche and paste..double the recommended dose.. I am just the lucky duck with a hot mess down there.

nonamenotnow12

this is great info I have found almost notning about the ob making vagina swell shut like mine do... thanks so much. how long does it usually take your swelling to go down? I never timed it before but I have a boyfriend now. never have had an external and I never know it I have an outbreak unless I happen to look up there with a mirror or put my finger up there .. do youvhave sex during an outbreak? or bo outbreak . it doenst realy hurt either

dangitinAL

You would think it would follow the same rules of an external breakout.. but nooo.. mine seem to always come with BV and/or yeast infection... and I have had a swollen vagina for several months at a time, but I believe I am unique to that particular issue.

Hopefully something in it will help you. Sorry it rambles a bit, but I have been told it has helped others. Much better than it ever helped me.. lol. But I am just SUCH a lucky duck with my hot mess down there.

I will add this.. doctor recently gave me a borax vaginal insert prescription to knock out the yeast infection and it WORKED best of anything I have tried so far! (No sex during borax days or it burns his privates.. lol). You have to use a compound pharmacy (Adams Drugs for me) for borax prescription.

I think the major problem I am having is I cannot completely clear the yeast infection. The borax seemed to really ease my issue but I need to do about a weeks worth 2x daily and then 2x a week after that. Worth a try if other things don't work? I hope it can help you.

bluerose95

Have you ever tried extra virgin coconut oil for a lubricant during sex it has a lot of benefits and might help the systems. I am going to try it when I get a chance I just ordered some the other day. I am hoping it works.

I have not tried it so you might want to do your own research.

I have found a web site that says it is safe for vaginal use and the Dr.’s TV said that it was a good vaginal lubricant during sex.

Bluemind

I

to date my gyno will not admit it. However, I get back aches, hip nerve pain, flu like symptoms and my vagina swells shut. I don't usually hurt.. just worried about the chronic inflammation mainly. I only hurt like right now when I am on my period, bleeding heavy, swollen shut and trying to use a heavy duty tampon which I go thru in about 2 hours. tmi but there ya go.

They keep saying negative on BV or yeast infection but I "must have cleared it up before coming in".. lol. I finally gave up worrying about it. I KNOW it is after they checked me for all infections they can think of and STD/STIs. I would recommend if you can talk them into giving the vaginal sulfinimide, to try it.. unless of course you are allergic.. then nevermind.. lol. I found using it for a few weeks usually FINALLY resolved it.. at least temporarily. Just get tired of using it day in/day out and it is messy but using a tampon after inserting the cream really helps keep it in place to work it's magic.

I have found that usually I am having issues with BV and/or yeast infection whenever I am having a breakout. Just seems to go hand in hand with me. I get one cleared up and one of the others pop up. Like I said, I worry more about the inflammation.

I find it interesting that others have mentioned these issues but no real information on some of the possible remedies for it. All I ever found was external. So if something I have listed helps, I am very glad.[/quo

I was worried sick about my vagina swelling shut I can't tell if its a yeast infection or a herpes outbreak I went to the dr the first time it happen n she said it was yeast gave me a 1 day dose.. Till this day it's swollen shut.. I bought OTC yeast creams but they only stop the itching but the swelling is still there have anyone else experienced this ? What has worked to open your hole up ? I'm tired of going to the health dept. and having to take a HIV test every time I go. Something that's required in nc

Laska

Hi dangitinAL,

Thanks so much for all this information. I'm new to this site. Still waiting for the results of my Herpes test, hopefully will know tomorrow when I go back to see my dr.

I was there today and she told me that when I went to see her last week with my Herpes symptoms, she also mentioned that it looked like I had a bacterial infection. The result came back with BV. So she gave me a 5-day oral prescription for Metronidazole. Just wondering if you were on this as well?

My symptoms are kinda similar, although I have external sores. I'm wondering now though if I have internal ones because as of yesterday, I noticed that my vagina was starting to swell shut. It also looks like some sores are trying to heal. I am a little scared at the sight of this but also find it a bit reassuring to know that you and others have experienced this.

Thanks so much!!!

dangitinAL

Metronidazole didn't really work for me. Surprisingly, using 600mg boric acid vaginal helped more than anything! 1 cap 2x daily morn/ eve for 7 days and then 1 cap 2x day for 2 days the week like Mon and Thurs for 6 weeks. I have found I am swelling It eases up with this protocol.