World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
AGuy

And I never even had sex...

AGuy

I just found out today that I have herpes. I have never had sex, kissed a girl or ANYTHING really. I first saw it yesterday (I came home from a festival today), and I started researching today and I feel horrible about it. What do I do? What do I tell people? Technically this shouldn't be possible should it? But I read about it in this other topic as well so it would seem it IS.

AGuy
If you've never had sex or kissed a girl, it's unlikely to be Herpes. Don't rely on the internet for a diagnosis. Go see a doctor. It could be anything.

I should, and I will. I am just so scared...

AGuy

- Headaches and flu-like symptoms

- A blister

Which one could argue are not exclusive to herpes, which is why it might have been foolish to post here in the first place. Maybe I should just refrain from posting until I know more.

WilsoInAus

Nah mate, no way foolish, you're just reaching out to people and hopefully we can help.

For genital herpes, the flu like symptoms will mainly appear at the time of the first infection and be associated with the region of infection (lower back pains, swollen lymph nodes in groin). Head symptoms with genital blister... probably not related.

Where exactly is the blister? On first infection, the blister will usually appear at the site of infection (and be multiple) but recurrent outbreaks can be anywhere in the nerve region and be a single red area with a 2 or so little blister bubbles or little bumps.

I am old enough to be your father and I know that I'd be very compassionate and honoured if my children would come to me share this type event and let me help them.

AGuy
Nah mate, no way foolish, you're just reaching out to people and hopefully we can help.

For genital herpes, the flu like symptoms will mainly appear at the time of the first infection and be associated with the region of infection (lower back pains, swollen lymph nodes in groin). Head symptoms with genital blister... probably not related.

Where exactly is the blister? On first infection, the blister will usually appear at the site of infection (and be multiple) but recurrent outbreaks can be anywhere in the nerve region and be a single red area with a 2 or so little blister bubbles or little bumps.

I am old enough to be your father and I know that I'd be very compassionate and honoured if my children would come to me share this type event and let me help them.

I didn't want to ignore this post, so for now I just want to thank you for responding and tell you this post really brought a smile on my face. I talked with my family this morning and we decided to just do everything ourselves right now as a family, until we have some answers. Whether or not I do have h I will post a small update in here, but until then you won't hear from me again. I also want to apologize for the manner in which some of my previous posts were written. I kind of freaked and I didn't really think things through. Thank you everyone!

- A Guy

TigerLilly

It's good you're getting it checked out. I remember when it was like when I first was sick and had sores. I was freaking out! I can only imagine you are too!

I'm going to be completely logical with you here. It might be herpes and it might not. The only way to know for sure is to go to a doctor. The best thing to do is to go the doctor while you still have the sore/blister so they can do a swab test. Blood tests are less accurate. You can get herpes without having sex. It's actually fairly common for babies to get herpes - someone with oral herpes will kiss a baby who doesn't have as good of an immune system and they get herpes. Then that person could spread from one part of the body to another.

I know it's easier said than done - but don't do internet searches and don't freak out. Internet searches will just give you the worst possible scenarios and cause you to freak out even more. Go to a doctor and find out what's happening there. If it turns out to be something serious, then you can freak out, but there's no point in worrying about something you might not even have. Good luck and let us know what happens.

AGuy

So I am not really sure what to say, but I do want to say something. It turned out I do not have h, but only a minor infection. I suppose that no longer makes me one of you and I will not visit these forums anymore. I didn't feel it was appropriate to leave without saying goodbye though and I want to thank you for the comments made in both threads. Even though I do not have h, I have got a glimpse in your world. I felt your fear and I have got a deep respect for all of you.

It’s a weird thing to say, but I don’t believe in god and I am not sure I believe in fate either, but still… I feel like I had to see this. That I had to learn what you guys are going to through, even if only partly and through the eyes of an outsider. And now I know… I feel that it is my duty to raise awareness and I will try to do this, in my own way at the appropriate time.

I guess the only thing left to say is: goodbye. I wish you all the best in your lives and I hope you never lose faith in yourselves because you all truly are amazing people. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

-AGuy

StaceySus88

That last post really made me smile, I feel quite emotional actually! It's always nice when a non h person has compassion and tries to understand us and doesn't look down on us, if only everyone could be like you. I wish you all the luck in the world. And always be safe