World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
cheerlove

16 and in need of SUPPORT!

cheerlove

I am 16 years old and was just diagnosed with genital herpes. Well actually I haven't gotten the call yet but me and my doctor are both sure it is herpes because I have all the symptoms and the sores.

It sucks because it has really changed my life and not for the better. First of all, my birthday is this coming Saturday. Hopefully the outbreak will be gone by then but it sure is inconvenient timing. Even more timing issues, this year I have a full plate. I am in my junior year, the most important, doing varsity cheerleading and an AP science course. You could say I'm under stress.

What I'm feeling right now is a whole mix of emotions. The first initial feeling was: my life is over. The second that I felt was that no one else will ever like me again and even if someone does, there will be complications having children. Now I just feel so much regret. I am filled with constant regret, and sadness or anger. Just when I feel like I can't cry anymore, I cry some more. And this isn't your typical cry, it's a wailing, broken feeling crying. I just can't explain how much I wish this all did not happen. My parents are giving me so much support and help me feel like it's not the end of the world. And the first day back to school I felt almost zen. I felt like relieved for teen issues like drama between cheerleaders. They made me feel normal. But I never maintained that feeling and I'm back to feeling almost depressed. I just really need more of a support group than my parents but I can not have my school knowing or else THAT would be horrible. I still feel so much regret and feeling like no one will ever love me now...

Anyway, anything supportive you could help me with would be highly appreciated.

Acesheart

Hey Love, welcome to our family. It's normal at first for all these feelings to overwhelm you at once. You just try to stay focused. Does the guy know? Let us know if your h is h1 or h2. H is harder for females to pass. If it's h1 from partner with cold sores, from oral sexy times, this h shouldn't be as problematic as genital h2. Get some Vit.b12 complex for your immune help. This vitamin has has many great benefits. Talk to your doctor first. I'm happy you joined and hope to meet soon. We do have several users here your age, just look in the threads for those post. Hugs sweety, take care and keep us posted. Truly, Acey

happyreality

Were all about support here. There's not really a certain way your suppose to be feeling but it's all normal emotions. I contracted H when I was 14. I felt scared alone scarred. But don't keep it inside. I was so embarrassed I never told anyone at that age and it just deteriorated my self esteem even more. There's so much help and support. Your NOT alone. your life and future possibilities are not over. Any of them. There's Alot of useful information on this site that will help you manage. Best wishes :)

Loz3282

Hey there, I'm also 16 years old and just been diagnosed with Herpes! I know ex actually how you feel. I'm having my first outbreak.. It's the worst feeling ever! Constantly burns, itches, irritates etc. I'm on pills that don't seem to be helping. I'm in College and have to take a day off tomorrow cause I can't walk or sit down properly. I can only lay down!

It's horrible! I hope you're okay!

I know how bad it is but hopefully everything ends up fine! Message me if you like <3

Acesheart

Hi welcome Loz :) . Get you some Epsom salts and a bowl of warm water, mix one tablespoon per cup of warm water. Soak you wash rag in this water and apply to the effected areas. My daughter is in college too, I'm assuming you have no tub correct ;) ? Get some baby diaper rash cream or Zinc Cream for these sores and that irritated area. You can apply the cream to a pantiliner and it helps when you have walk, sit, drive or stand. Don't forget to take ibuprofin for the inflammation. It helps, trust me. I'm a female with ghsv2. for 25 years and I completely understand what your going through. Take care honey, Truly Aces

Hey there, I'm also 16 years old and just been diagnosed with Herpes! I know ex actually how you feel. I'm having my first outbreak.. It's the worst feeling ever! Constantly burns, itches, irritates etc. I'm on pills that don't seem to be helping. I'm in College and have to take a day off tomorrow cause I can't walk or sit down properly. I can only lay down!

It's horrible! I hope you're okay!

I know how bad it is but hopefully everything ends up fine! Message me if you like <3