World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Loz3282

16 WITH HERPES - Scared!

Loz3282

Hey guys!! I'm kinda new to this, made this account yesterday! I've been diagnosed with Genital Herpes about 2 days ago! I know who I got it from and I'm furious at them not because I caught it from them but because I was raped by them. He was meant to be one of my best friends. :( damn!

Im in the middle of my first outbreak! I don't think I've ever been in so much pain! I can't go toilet without crying. I wake up at LEAST 3 times in the night! I wish I never had this. I'm 16 years old aswell. In College. I've had to miss a few days of college because I can't walk or sit properly. None of my parents know. My dad will lose trust in me and mum will go crazy! I'm scared! I wish I didn't have to go through this :( how have you all managed with herpes ?

jennifertigress

Your 16 and in college already? props for that you must be really smart! Good job:D But I am sorry to hear about your situation. that really sucks. being mad is understandable. did you report them? but first getting this is one of the toughest things to get through. Getting through it makes you a stronger person. in the beginning its really tough but be patient and try to be positive. give it time! Focus on yourself, or maybe distract yourself, focus on schoolwork, or a personal goal or I hung out with my friends a lot the first few days. Did you get pain meds and viral meds from your dr? I hope so:) they help. you don't have to tell anyone that you got this. My parents don't know. If you need anything just ask us:) This site is very helpful:D

Loz3282

Im from The UK So everyone goes college around the age of 16! I'm struggling a lot to get through this first outbreak because of the pain, but I seem to be managing! Everyone on here have been so lovely to me and made me feel so much better about the situation. I haven't reported him, only because it wasn't violent or anything, I don't want to completely ruin his life because he ruined mine. The doctor gave me Zovirax to take :) thank you xx

abbykat

Don't freak out! I just found out as well, but I am 21 in college in America. I can tell you that the first outbreak is the worst. Your body needs time to build up antibodies, so in your first year, IF you have another outbreak, which some will produce enough antibodies after the first outbreak, you will have maybe 4 in the first year, then 2 or 3, then none at all. It is important that you maintain perspective. As many people are living with herpes, it is not a death sentence. There is this social stigma associated with genital herpes, just the word "herpes" is automatically associated with a horrifying STD. But everyone has 1,2,3 or more types of herpes that they will have for the rest of their lives, it's really no big deal. You'll be just fine. Most people have had chicken pox which hides in the nerves and returns later as shingles. Most people have oral herpes. Mononucleosis is another incredibly common herpes virus. Your's just happens to be on your vagina and people don't like that because it means, "Hey, I've had sex." It's not medically a big deal, so if you haven't already you'll notice your doctor is not bothered by it. It's almost irrelevant in the medical community, but it has a lot of social implications. You can find support on here, or on dating websites for herpes like a subset of positivesingles.com. Good luck!