World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Reginazamo

16 and freaking out

Reginazamo

So... it's my third day with cold sores down stairs and it has been hell. I just started my sex life 3 weeks ago with my first bf ever and this was just so unexpected. We always used protection plus he didn't seem to have any illnesses. I'm planning to go to the GYN first thing monday morning but it's pretty clear this is genital herpes, I have basically every symptom. I'm worried about how he might take it, though I'm quite sure he gave it to me. Plus I can't imagine how I'm gonna tell my mom, she doesn't even know I'm sexually active! I'm freaking out and worried and in pain and I wish this were all a bad dream.

Acesheart
So... it's my third day with cold sores down stairs and it has been hell. I just started my sex life 3 weeks ago with my first bf ever and this was just so unexpected. We always used protection plus he didn't seem to have any illnesses. I'm planning to go to the GYN first thing monday morning but it's pretty clear this is genital herpes, I have basically every symptom. I'm worried about how he might take it, though I'm quite sure he gave it to me. Plus I can't imagine how I'm gonna tell my mom, she doesn't even know I'm sexually active! I'm freaking out and worried and in pain and I wish this were all a bad dream.

Hey regina, I responded to your other post. If the bf has cold sores with or without visible signs of sores, it is highly possible you got his h1 oral through oral pleasures and that makes it ghsv1 = Genital herpes simplex virus type 1. This occurs when you receive oral sexy times from a partner with cold sores. He may not have ever had a sore, but he also may not know he has cold sores or that they are in the Herpes Simplex Family. Many do not. Most I speak with here have no idea they had cold sores. Being they got it as younger child (usually from older family members who just have to kiss those sweet babies cheeks) and since they are young adults now, they,ve never showed signs so therefore they don't know it is herps. Schools do not teach this. My daughter is 19 I educated her myself before she left for college. The best thing to do is get tested with an herpeselect IGG blood test. Also since he may have had other partners , (so basically you are sleeping with those ppl too) have your doctor do a full accurate panel (ask for it) and have her test you for HPV & other things as well. There are many things out there hat can harm your female parts for later when you are tring to get pregnant and want to have kids. Some hpv strains can cause cancers, so get fully tested if you are planning to be sexually active. Please keep us posted and ask any questions. I have ghvs2 for 26 yrs and I live a lovely life , I am also a mom who educated her daughter on the ways of sexy times and oral pleasures. She is bisexual and noone knows but she & I , she needed this education since many of her college roommates/dorm-mates have or show cold sores. Hugs sweety Aces :itllbeok:

Reginazamo

Thank you soo much, all of this is really helpful! You've made me feel so much more at ease(:

Acesheart
Thank you soo much, all of this is really helpful! You've made me feel so much more at ease(:

Sweetheart I promise you I got herps by the time I was 26 and it was awful since I lost my then husband and all my friends, he was bedding them , I have no biological family... So I am here and some say I am den-mom, some call me mum, some call me Mother, but all know I am here if they are you ever need an ear, I am you girl. If you need anything or just a shoulder please feel free to ask here or message me , whatever you feel comfortable with, but together we can get through this. 80% already have h in one form or another , they just don't test so they don't know :dontknow: Hugs sweety and keep me posted okay . Hugs Aces

Acesheart
Okay! Thanks mum(;

My pleasure sweetheart.. let me know if I can help. its why I am here :) . Big Cyber hugs and you will be fine babygirl...

cosmogirl94

I was 17 when I was diagnosed. I'm now 19. I was feeling the exact same way you were. Things get better I promise. I told my mom what was going on and SHE suggested it could be herpes and she took me to the gyne. She didn't know I was sexually active either but was by my side the whole time. The guy was not my bf. and he denied having it! It only took a week of us having sex for me to contract it. After I started opening up to my friends about what was going on my friend knew a girl he had slept with and also contracted herpes from him. Whatever your going threw just know that you have people here that will support you and help you threw it. Because we have all been there or are going threw it. Id love to talk to you if you need a friend!

OrdinaryGirl215

I understand how it is.. i told my bf before anyone and he said he hasn't had any symptoms. I was very nervous to tell my mom too. I had sex before this but she had never knew and now with this, she has been very helpful and very supportive. I did not think she would since she is very strict but she has been my rock through the whole thing. Tell your mom you never know how she will but your mom would love you no matter what.