Hi, can somebody answer a couple of doubts?

Reginazamo

Hello everyone, I would like ti start out by saying how amazed I am that sooo many people with totally different backgrounds and experiences have created such a huge support place. I had my first OB 4 days ago and it has been terrible, but reading these stories have made me feel like someone can understand this. Plus I've learned so much about herpes, I had no idea it was so common, so different in every person, so easy to live with when it's asleep and so terrible when it comes back. Thank you for being here! I have a couple of questions though: can I accidentally make my family sick if we share dishes or soap or stuff?

Is it possible that I got it in a non sexual way?

How possible is it that I pass it to my bf even if we use protection?

If my bf is the one who gave it to me how hard is it to know if he doesn't have OB?

THANKS AGAIN.

Hello everyone, I would like ti start out by saying how amazed I am that sooo many people with totally different backgrounds and experiences have created such a huge support place. I had my first OB 4 days ago and it has been terrible, but reading these stories have made me feel like someone can understand this. Plus I've learned so much about herpes, I had no idea it was so common, so different in every person, so easy to live with when it's asleep and so terrible when it comes back. Thank you for being here! I have a couple of questions though: can I accidentally make my family sick if we share dishes or soap or stuff?

Is it possible that I got it in a non sexual way?

How possible is it that I pass it to my bf even if we use protection?

If my bf is the one who gave it to me how hard is it to know if he doesn't have OB?

THANKS AGAIN.

Hey regina welcome honey :hithere: Well first off many get h1 as a very young child. Have you tested to know what type herps you have or that you do in fact have herps? What were the numerical values of these test? Yes, herps can be spread with or without protections, also with or without signs. My ghsv2=Genital herpes simplex type 2. , I stayed dormant for 23 yrs over two decades and I have had it for 26 years this month :) . I have raised a family been married 23 years to a non H man who has properly tested, so has my daughter. Here is a book www.westoverheights.com please read all you can. We also have a lovely herpes library located ^^^^^top of this page on the left hand side. Let me know about your h type. If it is oral h1 , yes you could have gotten from a older family members cheek kiss. If it is genital h1 it is from oral pleasures. If it is h2 genitally, it is most certainly from sexy times and direct skin to skin contact. It can be passed with or wothout protections as condoms only provide 30% protections against hpv & hsv. Keep me posted on the type and test we can help you sort this out with the more information you provide.Hugs Aces :itllbeok:

Hi aces (:

I have genital but I'm not sure if its h1 or h2, I have these awfull cold sores down there plus I'm sort of feverish and have these terrible head aches but I'm gonna go to gyn tomorrow and hope thr meds will make it easier. I'm worried about getting my mom and brother sick if I share common stuff with them, is it possible?

• 2 years later...
On 12/15/2013 at 9:33 AM, Acesheart said:

Hey regina welcome honey :hithere: Well first off many get h1 as a very young child. Have you tested to know what type herps you have or that you do in fact have herps? What were the numerical values of these test? Yes, herps can be spread with or without protections, also with or without signs. My ghsv2=Genital herpes simplex type 2. , I stayed dormant for 23 yrs over two decades and I have had it for 26 years this month :) . I have raised a family been married 23 years to a non H man who has properly tested, so has my daughter. Here is a book www.westoverheights.com please read all you can. We also have a lovely herpes library located ^^^^^top of this page on the left hand side. Let me know about your h type. If it is oral h1 , yes you could have gotten from a older family members cheek kiss. If it is genital h1 it is from oral pleasures. If it is h2 genitally, it is most certainly from sexy times and direct skin to skin contact. It can be passed with or wothout protections as condoms only provide 30% protections against hpv & hsv. Keep me posted on the type and test we can help you sort this out with the more information you provide.Hugs Aces :itllbeok:

Hi aces, I was wondering how your husband hasn't contracted hsv2 since it is still contagious with condoms. My boyfriend and I had protected sex and I still managed to contract it. Is there a way to eliminate chances of spreading it?

Edited by ScaredStraight

Just because something is contagious or communicable, doesn't mean that it is easily spread.
There will always be a chance of spreading it, but it's usually low. Other than protection, some things to do that decrease the chances:

1. have one or both partners be aware of HSV and the signs/symptoms of an active outbreak - and be responsible enough to abstain from sexual contact if there is the suspicion of an active outbreak

2. be more gentle and better lubricated for and during sex - HSV spreads via friction with thin, abraded, or damaged skin

3. suppressive therapy with antivirals for the affected partner(s)

• Like 2

• 2 years later...