Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cellardoor

Anyone in here living in New Orleans (or the area)?

6 posts in this topic

Hello. I used to be pretty active on this forum when I was first diagnosed, but have since moved from Florida to New Orleans for graduate school and have dropped out of the forum a bit. Anyways, while getting back into the swing of the dating scene here, I figured it would be nice to meet some people, for support and friendship and whatnot, who are in the area and might be able to relate.

Get at me, all of my NOLA folks!

There are lots of Nola peeps and a La FB group! I'm close by :)

I wish! I just moved from there to Alabama not long ago for work. I'd do anything to move back! N.O will steal your heart if no one else does haha it's the best.

jlo86 likes this

Hello I would love to be invited to the facbeook group or get to know some of you. I live in New Orleans .

Hey I'm moving to Nola for grad school in less than a month and would love to meet a sweet girl in her twenties. Anyone one around? I

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Herpes Dating Web Site

Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

Search Now
  • Newbies

• Latest Buzz

• WilsoInAus
      Boil is my guess too, but if you have concerns then please attend your doctor. If you have been having sex with partner(s) whose STD status you do not know then please consider an STD panel that includes at least HIV, Hep A/B/C, gon, syph, chlam, trich, HSV 1/2.
    • WilsoInAus
      I remember trying to look into this some time ago but best I could come up with was that the chance was say in the range of 1-10% for the sexual episode. Obviously the nature of the outbreak, its positioning etc. all plays a role. You suggest this is HSV-2 with a diagnosis over 12 years ago? Have you checked the type with a blood test? May be a chance it is HSV-1 that your husband may already have for example. Agree that antivirals have no preventative properties, only benefit is taking the edge of the impact of an initial infection if this occurs (which as mentioned is still the realms of quite unlikely). Having HSV-1 does not provide any protection from HSV-2 so the figures show. Interestingly the other way around there is almost complete immunity, that is, people with an established HSV-2 infection are much less likely to be infected with HSV-1.
    • Lisajd
      You are more at risk when there is an outbreak so it is possible but as the other person said he may already have it anyway because if you have been in a relationship with him and having sex over a frequent period it is more likely that he would have it according to the experts.  And if he takes an antiviral straight away it does not stop him from getting it I'm not sure what the above person was referring to there
    • Lisajd
      If a person tells you that their partner has been tested and is negative then you can take that as a yes it can help. No symptoms does not mean not infected. Meds and condims reduce to 1%.  
    • Cas9
      Yes!!!  If antivirals stopped us from being contagious we would all be celebrating naked in Times Square.
    • GlitterDx
      It is still possible to pass the virus while on antivirals. 
  • Trending