Hello

rocky

I was recently diagnosed with HSV 2, and I felt extremely down for a while, since then I've built my way up; however, from time to time I wonder as to how serious can this virus be. I've had outbreaks, but they are so minor, that it doesn't even bother me. I do feel tingling sensations from time to time.

I contacted the girl I contracted it from and she seems to ignore the message I had to say.

It was out of fear of any STD that I found out I had this virus. I decided to take an STD check, since the girl I was with had an affair with someone. It also came to my attention that she's never been tested for STD's in past after having sexual relations, which is what got me awefully nervous. Man, the stress I went through when getting tested for HIV was the worst, but luckily I came negative.

I still am worried about how far this virus can damage me physically. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HSV doesnt have any long term physical impacts - all the impacts are mental my friend...

alltho - alot of it does feel physical, as if affects the "physical" side of relasonships...

i have been taking care of my self physically, however, i have not given up my adult beverages when i feel like one! emotionally, well that is an entirely different story. i am so down right now, it is killing me. i am pre menstrual which does not help, but i just cannot get out of this funk. i am so withdrawn and feel so alone, it scares me sometimes. i am thankful that i am so busy at work every day, so for about 9 hours, i rarely think about it; unless i am on this forum of course.

what do people to do make themselves feel better? i already get a pedicure and a manicure every other week. i get plenty of rest, maybe too much right now, since i don't do much else.

TBH - I only think about my HSV when im on this furom... otherwise i dont think about it to much......

when i do think about it, i talk to my GF, we can talk about anything, when i do talk to her, she always give me nice cuddles, being a guy that may sound abit gay, but it makes me feel 100% better.

nah scrub that a 1000% better.

Bluefrog...

I sure hope you get outta your funk soon girl!

Maybe a good movie and some laughs with friends would help?

That always makes me feel better.

Last evening I had a massage.... that was Heaven on a stick!

I feel like rubber today...ahhhhhhhhh :lol:

I do think laughing is good medicine.

But ya have to Cheer up...life's too short ;)

Treat yourself like you treat your best friend... Get to know her, listen to her, care about her needs, don't push her too much, calm her down, make her smile, help her grow...

Always keep exercises, focus on what you want to do next in your life, do it as if you don't have herpes, or find ways around to do it. Herpes may slow us down and add more trouble in our way, but we are still moving forward...

Something on my face.

Can someone indicate to me whether a Herpes pimple or blister can appear as a tiny red dot on your face. I've recently noticed something very, very tiny by the side of my nose, I concerned it may be Herpes. Does Herpes appear in differently on their designated locations, such as a red pimiple on your gentials and as a scar on your face or vice versa.

I'm quite concerned since I only noticed this after examination of my face today.

shayna and annyi; thanks for the encouraging words. i am trying, this added to the daily non-herpes stresses of life; ugh, can really sneak up on ya!

Rocky how's the pimple?

Still there, changed? Resorbed? Give it time I'm sure it will let you know whethere or not you shouldbe worying about it or not.

Christy

its gone

Hi Christy,

Its gone, but I did got to a doctor; he asked me if I felt any tingling or any painful sensation around the location of it. I also had something like that on my arm too, except a bit larger. I told I felt nothing around it, and he quickly dismissed it as not Herpes. Apparently if there is no sensation around it, then you don't have it. The one on my face is gone, but the one on my arm still is present. Is it possible to have it around locations without any sensation?

R