World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
savanah

opinions

savanah

I had sex with someone that is a good candidate for having herpes. I woke up after my drunken stupor freaking out. It was unprotected of course. I checked my downstairs parts and there were cuts but that was because I got dry and he is very large. Now, I had this herpes possibility in the back of my mind. I started freaking out and playing inspector all day for about a week. There was not burning during urination but a burning sensation was felt inside of me. THis lasted for three weeks off and on. I had the headache, run down, pressure feeling in my pelvic bone. I also had a odorous discharge. I went to doctor after five days. She did a swab on my leision, negative for herpes. she said I did have some yeast in my culture and small amounts of Trich. so I was treated for that. The discharge went away and so did the odor. I never had any itching. I went back to the doctor three weeks later with a open leision. She touched it and it didn't hurt it came back negative for herpes. I asked for a blood test. She recommended that I don't get it. (same story as everyone else here...It's common to be positive because so many people have it. blah blah blah. You don't want to know business.) I still have the same looking cut. Do you think It's just scar tissue like the doctor thinks? I don't have any pain. I do have small amount of itching but that could be because I have been avoiding shaving lately.

savanah

Does anyone think this sounds like herpes? Am I just freaking out? Anyone, anyone? Beuller...Beuller?

MikeTwo

Doesn't sound like Herpes to me, to be safe, abstain from contact for a few weeks just to make sure. If you really are worried about getting herpes, don't get drunk and don't hook-up. I'm not trying to be 'preachy' at all, but there are a lot of people on this board and elsewhere that would tell you to take every precaution of catching this virus. Most people find this message board after they get herpes, so learn as much as you can and protect yourself.

savanah

thanks for replying, MIke. I am still not convinced that I could be in the clear. I still get open leisions down there. With all this talk about atypical Herpes, it just freaks me out. Also the first three weeks after exposure, I had that burning, tingling feeling on my inner theighs. Could that be just from anxiety? I also had the burning feet and hands. (But I think that was from anxiety) Believe me. I want to wrong. I want to be totally convinced that what is going on is normal for me, but it's not. That is why I have to take the test.

Oh, I normally don't get drunk and hook up with just anyone either. It was an old flame. I guess I was just fighting some demons and got way too drunk and out of it. After this scare, I never want to drink or have sex again.

ouch

wait about three months from this sexual encounter and then have some bloodwork done, it can determine once and for all if you have herpes.

And yes, as mike said, abstain from sex for a while until you know for sure what is going on down there.

in the future, please take care of yourself and your help. I know how it is on those wild, drunken nights and what not. Most of us here has had this happen at least once in our life. ;-)

Givemehope08

I Know how you feel

I also had a very drunk night and hooked up with a girl that I knew when I was sober was a bad idea. She just kept messing with me all night,, I got drunker and it happend and it happend unprotected, the next morning I was so scared I could hardly breath, kept looking at my stuff over and over. About a week later I had a red bump thing on my thigh, freaked out started looking at the websties but of course couldn't find anything that looked like it (all websites have are pics that scare you to death) anyway then I got a small bump on the bottom of my testicals, talk about even more scared, then I got the same kind of bump on my stomach about 2 inchs above my belly buttom (what the heck?) So I am already convinced at this point that I have it, so I got tested only after about three weeks, with the bumps on me I did the blood test, and I got a negative, but I am sure it was a false, because there is nothing else this could be. I am going through the whole depression stage now, have a girl in my life that loves me to death we had a falling out, that is when I hooked up, now she wants to work things out and finds it weird I won't have sex with her, not ready to tell her yet. Have to wait three months untill I get tested again, I am sure she will be gone when I find out for sure. Also got the burning in my thighs thing. this is a very mild case they don'g hurt they just kinda poped up and went down, God I just keep wishing I could go back to that night over and over agian. When I look at pictures from the past I keep saying wish I could go back to that time. I don't really have any questions because I am already sick of worrying about this I will just get tested get some valtrex and try and find a nice girl that has the same issue so we don't spread it. I just never thought this was happen, and it did, but I can't look at it as the end of the world, and I won't just right now it is hard to swallow. It is nice they have this site, I feel more comfortable knowing I am not the only one.

savanah

thanks ouch for the little wink of understanding. I will get tested next week. I am, however scared to death of the test coming out positive. I am so depressed right now I cried all day. I never cry. The overwhelming feeling of dread just overtook me.

Givemehope, did they do a culture of the bump? What do your bumps look like? See, I don't get bumps. I have just had small open circular areas that don't hurt. But my insides feel different, like a slight burn in one area. God I hope its something totally different.