World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ourladyhelena

im not sure what to do

ourladyhelena

hey,

i'm not sure how to start this really. I just found out today that me and my boyfriend both have herpes (genital). Even though my boyfriend and i are both confused were both doing okay i suppose. It kind of feels like our relationship is a lot stronger because were both going through it and we can both be there for each other. I just dont know how to tell people. I dont plan on telling people i dont trust of course, but people like our family, especially my mom. im so scared about that. I was wondering for some advice on that.

thanks

MikeTwo

Hey Ourlady,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You're not alone. There are many with this virus and although it's a shock when you find out, it's something you can live with and be happy. This virus doesn't define who you are, it's just that, a virus.

I read you are worried about who to tell, I understand how you must feel. I will say this, you don't have to tell anyone that doesn't have to know except the person you are intimate with (already knows) or anyone you plan on being with in the future. It's really is no one else's business. I have a close friend who told her best friend, but she knew that she would never tell anyone else (which she hasn't). Good luck and come here often if you wish and you'll find a lot of support and compassion from everyone here.

Miketwo

MsLucy

I have to agree with Mike. Although it's not something I'm ashamed of, for me, having the virus is a private thing. My partner knows, of course, but aside from him, is there anything to gain from telling anyone else? More importantly, will they benefit from knowing? Not that I can see.

Good luck to both of you. I'm glad you're able to support each other through this. It's always hard at first, but it gets easier. I promise.

ourladyhelena

thank you guys. i know im not as freaked out about it as my boyfriend is but i really appreciate the support. we plan on telling only a few trusted people that we know wont judge us. When I meant that I had to tell my mom, it was because she is the one who is paying for my medication. I have a credit card for doctor visits and such but i havent informed her yet which is why im nervous. thanks again!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Blanca2018
      Has anyone tried Longdanxiegan (LDXGFG) as a treatment? There seems to be scientific evidence of great results in animal trials. This is the link to the study https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1028455916000322. It is a Traditional Chinese Medicine formula that now has won some scientific attention. I have previous experience using Traditional Chinese Medicine for improving symptoms of another rare diseases I suffer and, seeing this has been backed by some research, I am considering giving it a try. Thanks to all contributors to this forum for all the valuable information shared.
    • tayelle
      Wow this is very sad that this man committed suicide from hsv. We've all been there with depressive states. I think the numbers are accurate...no more than 15% have hsv2. Every forum I join, its low numbers compared to other diseases. 
    • theuniversesucks
      yep going into my sixth year , constant constant scrotum tingling , when i say constant i mean 365 for the last 5 years , been living on autopilot , dead inside .
    • theuniversesucks
      thats amazing , sign me up for a shipment , can you use your transporter to ship the goods ?
    • KG303
      Me either. I got it from someone I truly cared about and in my experience it’s been hell because I was so hurt over the fact that he put my health at risk without even caring of the consequences because I was so good to him. He was in college starving so I would offer to buy him groceries, I would always be there when he was having a tough time and give him encouragement, and in the end he ignores me but still can go out and party. So maybe I was better off catching it from someone I didn’t care about. Maybe then i wouldn’t be as emotional over it. I feel like if I would’ve just got it from a one night stand I could be like oh yeah well shit happens, but getting it from someone I would’ve done anything for just ain’t fair because I was good to him and I know some people may not know they have it but he was sleeping with multiple women but acting like he wasn’t. If we’re having sex you should care about me enough to let me know what’s going on so I won’t sleep with you anymore if you’re wilding out that crazy but whatever. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.