World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Xenonshot

Kinda Relieved

Xenonshot

Well i got my test results back for everything no HIV,Clamydia(SP),syphillius(Sp)etc. But i showed a .35 for HSV1 which negative is .90 and below HSV2 came back 0.00 so im asuming it is good. And im gonna get tested in a month. The results said i was exposed to the virus and that was why i had antibodies but didnt have the virus.... So im starting to lean more towards the side of a yeast infection because everytime i take a pee or change clothes it always smells like sex. I dunno maybe a false negative. either way as long as i dont have HSv2 im fine with it

tothefuture

The results said i was exposed to the virus and that was why i had antibodies but didnt have the virus

How can you have antibodies and not the virus.:confused:

So im starting to lean more towards the side of a yeast infection because everytime i take a pee or change clothes it always smells like sex.

:?????????????????????????

Xenonshot
The results said i was exposed to the virus and that was why i had antibodies but didnt have the virus

How can you have antibodies and not the virus.:confused:

So im starting to lean more towards the side of a yeast infection because everytime i take a pee or change clothes it always smells like sex.

:?????????????????????????

that was the same puzzled look i had when i saw the results...is it possible to fight the virus off to get rid of it?

BoxofRain

once you have the antibodies, it means YOU HAVE the virus. You can boost your immune system to try and ward off symptoms, but once you have the virus, you will have it until you die. Being "exposed" to the virus is what doctors say instead of "hey, you have herpes" and my doctor told me the same thing "you've been exposed to the herpes virus" and guess what it still means the same thing "I HAVE HERPES"

Id get retested in a month, but you seem to be missing a key point either way, YOU already HAVE HERPES type 1, just may not show symptoms. Also, testing positive via blood for type 1 does not rule out where it is and there's a good chanc it is type 1 genital herpes. So just to clarify, type 1 isnt oral and type 2 isnt genital..........both occur in either region and so testing positive for type 1 does NOT rule out that you dont have it genitally.

bluefrog

Quote from Boxofrain: "Also, testing positive via blood for type 1 does not rule out where it is and there's a good chanc it is type 1 genital herpes. So just to clarify, type 1 isnt oral and type 2 isnt genital..........both occur in either region and so testing positive for type 1 does NOT rule out that you dont have it genitally."

OMG, this is so true, and we here know it and I would assume the doctors know it. When you read your words above, it makes me even more angry that HSV2, genital herpes has such a stigma. If all these years herpes was just called herpes, or just hsv1 or just hsv2 or just hsv, maybe those of us struggling with the emotional torment of this would not be happening?????

tothefuture

Bluefrog - totally agree, I 've said that on here lots of times before.

bluefrog

tothefuture; yes you have; it was just something about the exact wording of boxofrain, or maybe it was me having a bit of a better day regarding all of this! your posts have been very informative and helpful since I joined the forum!:p