World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
purple

diagnosed yesterday!

purple

I can't believe I am the 1 in 5. Being a statistic is not what I aspired to be. I am going through all the emotions - mostly the one that says, "I'm an attractive, confident, professional woman and how can this happen to me?"

Brookie

Hello - I am new here too and feel the same way you do , a statistic. It has been over a week since I was diagnosed and as each day goes by it does get better. There has not been a day that has passed that I haven't cried but I know it will get better. Just waiting for the day that I can go without crying. Hang in there my little butterfly -

MsLucy

Brookie, I'm glad you're feeling better. And Purple, you will too. One day soon, you'll wake up and your first thought won't be that you have this little invader in your system. Just give it a little time. Normal is what we become accustomed to, and yes, you will feel normal again. Promise.

As for how this could happen to you, well, probably the same way it happened to most of us. We fell in love, or something close enough to feel like love. Like my dr said, the need for touch and affection is a basic human need, one we all share. Don't punish yourself for being human.

Keep us posted on how you're doing, both of you. We care.

Cutegal

I 've been diagnosed since April...and i tried forget that i have it...but it's so hard... it keeps hunting my mind and up till now i still can't believe it. I went thru frustrating periods and anger..and you know stress is one of the triggers for reccurrences...so i try my best not to stress over certain things..

But one thing i can tell ya..it has been a real eye opener...What i mean is that it really makes me think..of all the times i took chances on having unprotected sex..and never got anything worst like HIV, cold sores on the mouth or something...although they're saying it's not a big deal genital herpes and that it will only get better...trying to see when that's gonna happen!

But i try to keep myself really informed and still got alot of worries and questions.

I always think that i'm the only one in the world but so many people have it and don't realise..and thank god there's plenty of ressources to help us go thru.

So keep your head up...don't get stress over things that's not worth it and mainly keep yourself informed....so youknow what you're dealing with and be able to spread your knowledge around you and that cares about you

purple

thanks

Thanks for the support. I know things will get better, but right now they are not.