World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
memyselfI

going off valtrex & asking 4 feedback pls?

memyselfI

Okay, why not give this a shot. Valtrex doesnt' seem to be helping me. I don't have "outbreaks" like my 1st one (which i don't think the valtrex helped that either) but I'm going to give it at least five days (starting today) and see what happens.

Does anyone have any advise? I figure if I get a bad outbreak i'll just refill the script and do the two a day for a few days then perhaps revisit my doc and see about a different medication. I think i was just in denial about having herpes prior to "the big ob" i had in May in which there was ignoring that, even if i wanted to (I was sick w/flu & a cold and a swelling on my left outer labia). Now I just am so aware of the time that it seems just walking I'll wonder whats going on down there. Usually after exercising The area between my labia minor and major in red and irritated, i assume this is herpes. I shower and do the purell thing and am on with my day.

Okay, and the "mons pubic area" (how old am i and i'm still not sure what the correct name for the female anatomy is <geez>) looks like it may have sml blisters on it but they don't hurt or itch and i wonder if its from shaving, which i decided to do shortly after the big outbreak ended because i wanted to be able to see what was going on down there.

If ANYONE can relate or has any feedback on anything I just wrote, please but your thoughts into words to me! I

Brucie

So soon?

I can totally relate since your story is almost exactly like mine is. I'm not advocating going off the medication, however, simply because I did for two weeks and I'm very regretful of it. I had another outbreak within 3 days of stopping it!!! It was awful, though I knew I'd have an ob it still took me by surprise how intense the symptoms of it were and likely I was headed for an ob anyways due to how I felt before stopping the Valtrex.

I know its hard at first, and still is for me, to accept the awareness and not feel isolated, scared, worried, etc.. It's odd not having the option of touching oneself which we all take for granted for most of our lives without worry or fears. Then there is the sexual options which go out the window too. It's not fun nor funny, but keep your chin up and try to give the meds a good shot first. You don't say how long you've been on it or how long you've known you've had this and I'm not nosy, just curious what made you decide to stop taking Valtrex so soon.

Take good care dear.

Regards,

Brucie

memyselfI

I've been on it two and almost a half months. Although i'm not loosing as much my hair is falling out due to the valtrex. Also because it doesn't seem like its doing anything but your post has made me think twice. i'm out of pills though ...I mean i can get more but i think i'm going to try this and just post everyday here if i notice any difference(s), for my own record as well as anyone else who might be considering it. Thank you kindly for your reply!!!

scareddepressed25

please keep us posted, i am considering getting off valtrex. it works well fr me, just don't want my body dependent on medication.

good luck and let us know!

memyselfI

Alright...I'm sorry ...I may put this off a week. I missed yesterday's pill but i may go back on until next Sat because I think I'm going to be baptised and I don't want to have an ob ...welll i can't have an ob and go be baptised where others are being baptised ..its like in a sort of hot tub at my church. Do you think i should skip it all together because i have herpes. Last night someones like try this drink ...I'm afraid to share anything with anyone because I don't want to give anyone herpes. I don't want to tell my church though that i have it either...

do you think its safe for me to get baptised in the "hottub" if i'm not having an outbr eak...

I really want to do the right thing???? I'm calling in my scrip right now but ....I'm just confused. I know i'll get the right answer if i pray about it however FEED BACK IS INCOURAGED!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Shayna

Hey meme,

This is something that must be very important to you, I hope you decide to go through with it! I highly doubt you'd be putting anyone in harms way with the ceremony you described. Nourish your soul and celebrate!

annyi

do you think its safe for me to get baptised in the "hottub" if i'm not having an outbr eak...

I really want to do the right thing???? I'm calling in my scrip right now but ....I'm just confused. I know i'll get the right answer if i pray about it however FEED BACK IS INCOURAGED!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

awake67

Probability Close to Null

In regards to being baptised in the tub. If your lessions are oozing, there is a chance that the virus will leak out. Make sense? How far or how long they will survive is the question.

We know that herpes needs to have moisture, heat, enzymes and genes. If they leak out into the tub, they will be searching for their next host or will eventually die.

If I was the last one to be baptised, I would feel better. I don't think that would be a big deal for the priest to do this.

I have an ob presently and I don't go into my pool. I don't think the pool chemicals kill viruses. Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. But I think that there IS a probability of passing the virus on, but it is very low.

Thank you much.

Annyi, congratulations on your becoming a Christian. God Bless

Brucie

Welcome!

I've been on it two and almost a half months. Although i'm not loosing as much my hair is falling out due to the valtrex. Also because it doesn't seem like its doing anything but your post has made me think twice. i'm out of pills though ...I mean i can get more but i think i'm going to try this and just post everyday here if i notice any difference(s), for my own record as well as anyone else who might be considering it. Thank you kindly for your reply!!!

I reread all the posts here and am thinking you have made a good decision about suppressive therapy. You never know how bad it could get for the first six months to a year. It could go either way.

As for the baptism, if it were me, I'd probably postpone it till I felt sure of being symptom free. I surely would not go into water with others during an ob, no way. Do what you think is best. Good luck!

memyselfI

sat

Well, I'm not having an outbreak. Tomorrow is the baptism and if I'm still clean & healthy its a go!!! Of course I will try to go last but quite frankly I haven't read anything that would sway me otherwise ...nothing is documented. Of course I'm not going in if I have the slighted concern for an ob or shedding or otherwise. I'm going with my heart. I really think tomorrow i'm going off the v as well. I'm not having sex so the only one it would really harm is me and it is my body ...blah blah blah. But maybe I'll change my mind although I doubt it. If I get an ob after quitting the drug I'm going to the doctor to see about getting on a different one

Peace by with you!!