World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Hopeful

Saying hello...

Mr Hopeful

Just wanted to say hi, as it's been reassuring to read of other people's experiences on here. I've been feeling really lonely over the last 2 months since contracting HSV.

I'm on my 2nd OB at the moment and it's almost as bad as the first. I have a few blisters on my lower abdomen (is this usual?) too.

I'm just praying that the next one will be months away, at least. Two OB's so close and having to cover them up at work with such a stressful position has been hard.

Hello anyway.:)

MsLucy

Welcome, Mr Hopeful. I like your name. Although herpes is nothing to be ashamed of, most people tend to keep the fact that they have it to themselves, so I understand how it makes you feel isolated, but try not to feel like you're all alone out there. You're in good company. Have you looked into support groups in your area? Then you could talk face to face, which might help.

As for the ob's, are you taking anything to suppress them? It's not uncommon to have severe ob's often the first year. Went (going) through that myself right now, but like you, I'm hoping they subside in time. I believe they will. I don't take prescription meds, but I do take Neem leaf extract supplements daily, and that seems to lessen the severity of them, and two that started never materialized, so I think it helps. It's a trial and error thing, because what works for one person may not work for you. Lots of people swear by L-Lysine supplements. The important thing is to get and keep your immune system working in high gear. There's also an article posted here on the forum about alkaline/acidity influence (PH balance) the merits reading.

I can't really comment on the blisters on your lower abdomen, because I just don't know how common that is. Hopefully, someone who's experienced that will respond. But although I don't suppose this has given you much info you didn't already know, I did want to tell you that we're glad you found your way here. It's a good place to express your concerns, ask questions, and just vent when you need to. Visit often and let us know how you're doing, okay? We care.

elena

Hi Mr. Hopefully,

I'm taking Valtrex daily to help control the OBs. The medication was working so well, but I hated spending the money, so I thought I would take the Valtrex every other day, instead of daily. Big mistake; because within a week, I got an OB. I agree with writercll; it is a trial and error thing. Good luck.