World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• alphaCero
      Well, that's unusual, but not impossible. I've had HSV1 since childhood, and my IgG results will vary based on whether I'm taking anti-virals, but always have come out positive. I've known someone though who definitely had a cold sore, but never tested positive, so it's rare, but happens. It's possible he just carries a low count and transmitted to you via saliva but without direct oral sex, or that he doesn't have it and you had been a carrier for a long time and randomly had an outbreak right after having sex (unlikely), or some other random scenario. There's a reason why such a large part of the population is HSV1 positive - there are a lot of ways to get it, it's often asymptomatic, and most adults already have it. It's frustrating that we just don't have the resources to look deeply into these questions today. It seems like he's been pretty open to getting tested and hopefully educating himself along the way - that's at least something.
    • alphaCero
      It is so easy to stress over all kinds of symptoms, but generally speaking I'd say to trust your GP. They have the training, and they were there, so it's reasonable to believe them regarding your oral symptoms. I'd follow their advice and try to take care of yourself to be comforted and heal. In terms of your concerns about having Ghsv, a type-specific test for you and your partner can at lest tell whether either of you have a type I or II infection *somewhere*. The symptoms for hsv can be pretty variable and sometimes so mild that you wouldn't even notice, which holds true for men and women. If you don't have it, you can be thankful! If you do, you can be thankful the symptoms are so mild the possibility never even occurred to you until now! Remember that even if you have a positive test result of some kind, it's not conclusive where/when/by whom you might have been exposed. Just use the information you get to make informed decisions going forward. You're not alone no matter what the outcome, and every outcome is manageable. Be well
    • WarriorKing
      normally for most people hsv is lips and genitals, not tongue. fear can make you afraid of every little thing that you did or did not ever notice before and now you have an excess of fear. tongue irritation can occur for many reasons, none of which i am qualified to discuss. i suggest not shaving genital areas, trim hairs, don't upset the skin.  
    • Just a human being
      A- typical symtoms are rarer. It is less usual I think for a pimple to scab like that. But I am no pimple expert. Some people say if there is pus it isn’t but I think things out of spectrum can crop up with herpes. The likelihood of picking up herpes with condom use is low. Most of the mucus membranes for men is on the shaft of the penis. If the condom is used correctly and it was used during oral sex it’s highly unlikely. It’s too late to swab from what I personally know. Also I do not think symtoms on the bottom is common for men. Women tend to present with symtoms around the anus. I don’t know about men. Your situation sits out in a whole lot of unlikely and less than typical so I think you should put your weight of probabilities in the very unlikely and just follow up in the case of rare circumstances without worrying or becoming hysterical. 
    • Megneedshelp1
      So this is going to be a long one but please stick it out. I’ll be extremely grateful. So after going to my doctors for a general check up due to me having Molluscum (had during childhood, but reappeared when I was 19) he mentioned having a routine STD check. I thought nothing of it and accepted. Everything came back negative, syphillis, chlamydia, ghonnerea and HIV.  What I didn’t realise is that herpes wasn’t a routine test and I started looking online about what herpes involved. I was scared and uncertain about my status now beings as the more I read. The more symptoms I believe I’ve had. starting in 2018 I had developed iritis which apparently can be a result of H. This however was during a stressful period of my life.  Since my first sexual partner my posterior fourchette has always been weak and I have little tears (not serious) ever since. They heal within a day.  However. Whilst itchiness, blisters, soreness is the typical symptoms for when people have it (and I have never had) I have noticed that I have had a very very thin, not deep, none sore (unless touched) cut on my inner labia a few weeks ago.  Then three days ago I had a tiny tiny cut which resembled more of very thin tear I guess it closer to a definition, since the one on my labia was more of a cut ( but I would also say like a scratch) on the upper part of my genitals just where the pubic area ended. It was quite sore when touched but didn’t bother me otherwise. I have had this cut before however typically when my pubic hair is growing back. In around about the same area which goes away within 2-3 days maximum. Does this seem like genital herpes? further more, I now have concerns about my mouth too. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. And had occurred two days after I started panicking about this, so I would say I was extremely stressed. My tongue turned Pale and patchy with red indents on my tongue. Ulcers (eventhough they didn’t hurt) appeared on the back of the sides of my tongue. The sores then travelled all along the sides of my tongue to the tip of my tongue. (A few yellow patches still being on the back of either side of my tongue) Being in one place, then moving to another. I must say that I had smaller sores and then I had food poisoning which resulted in vomiting which then made the sores triple in amount. Also there are light yellow patches/dots on the back of my throat.  I have been using salt water rinses and bonjella on the sores. It’s important to note that the sores don’t hurt or irritate me UNLESS I use the bonjela which causes them to burn a little.  I have never had anything like this in my mouth before and this has lasted two weeks,  And I guess I’m just extremely upset because I’ve only had two sexual partners. And have been with my current partner for two years. So for all of this to suddenly occur has created so much stress for me. I’ve already told him that there is a possibility since I wanted to be open from the very beginning, but since the COVID scares, anywhere I could get the cuts on my genital swabbed is closed and it’s already gone now. So I’m hoping I could eat some advice here ..  when seeing my GP about my mouth she said it didnt look like herpes and was quite certain. She said it just looked like ulcers and said it could be down to the immense stress I’ve put myself under due to panicking. So... Is this thrush/stress/herpes???  Here are the links to the Reddit page I made showing the problems with my mouth as I unfortunately have no pictures of my genital cut. https://www.reddit.com/user/MegneedsHelp/comments/fql64p/is_this_herpes/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf https://www.reddit.com/user/MegneedsHelp/comments/fql040/is_this_herpes/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf https://www.reddit.com/user/MegneedsHelp/comments/fqkzlh/is_this_herpes/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf   THANK YOU 
VVK

Intermittent Fasting and CMA -

Cas9
2 hours ago, Mr Fasting said:

It's curable a friend of mine cured her's and she was HSV2. Takes alot of effort and commitment 

It's not currently curable.

Mr Fasting
On 8/11/2019 at 12:42 AM, Cas9 said:

It's not currently curable.

Maybe not with doctor's medication but with fasting, colonic's yes it is i have seen the proof!

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Mr Fasting said:

Maybe not with doctor's medication but with fasting, colonic's yes it is i have seen the proof!

Praise the Lord for the healing powers of colonics ... and peppermint foot scrubs.

Mr Fasting

I'm amazed people do not think outside the box and to go to great efforts to reply to me saying "it's not curable" I simply cannot understand. If you truly believe Western Medicine and they say it's not curable then whatever they claim in the future you will live your life with their scientific proof. I simply have posted here to hear from like minded people who are juicing and doing colonics to see what their results are. People who have had cancer have cured it with a alternative lifestyle becoming vegan etc so if cancer is cureable who can't you open your mind and just think could hsv be curable? did you know Dr Sebi was taken to court because he claimed he cured someone with Aids? He turned up with 25 people who he cured of all illnesses and was let off. So please spare me your thought's of "It's not curable" as I will never belive that. Unless you have some experiences with juicing and colonics you wish to share then do not comment on this thread. Will no longer reply to closed minded sad people like yourselves.

WilsoInAus

No, Sebi was a fraud. This article is an interesting summary.

https://www.thebody.com/article/dr-sebi-did-not-cure-hiv-nipsey-hussle-documentary

If you’re basing the possibility of ‘cures’ on Sebi, I’ve got a car for sale that’s had one careful lady driver!

Its simply fact that of the 40 billion people who have ever had HSV 1/2, not one eradicated it from their body.

Mr Fasting
On 8/25/2019 at 9:21 PM, WilsoInAus said:

No, Sebi was a fraud. This article is an interesting summary.

https://www.thebody.com/article/dr-sebi-did-not-cure-hiv-nipsey-hussle-documentary

If you’re basing the possibility of ‘cures’ on Sebi, I’ve got a car for sale that’s had one careful lady driver!

Its simply fact that of the 40 billion people who have ever had HSV 1/2, not one eradicated it from their body.

I know 2 people who have cured themselves, if I return after a year and state I tested negative will you believe me? Most likely "no" you will still say there is no cure or it's a mistake or some other excuse. How sad you will live with herpes forever because you "trust" the system. Goodluck and Goodbye nothing more I have to say to you.

WilsoInAus

I know 2 people who have cured themselves, if I return after a year and state I tested negative will you believe me? Most likely "no" you will still say there is no cure or it's a mistake or some other excuse. How sad you will live with herpes forever because you "trust" the system. Goodluck and Goodbye nothing more I have to say to you.

You do not know two people who have cured themselves. That’s fake.

Not one of 40 billion people who have ever had herpes have cured themselves of HSV 1/2.

It is not sad to live with herpes at all. That’s why this website exists, to spread the word!

Good luck with your beliefs. nothing more I have to say to you.

Mr Fasting
On 8/27/2019 at 7:39 PM, WilsoInAus said:

You do not know two people who have cured themselves. That’s fake.

Not one of 40 billion people who have ever had herpes have cured themselves of HSV 1/2.

It is not sad to live with herpes at all. That’s why this website exists, to spread the word!

Good luck with your beliefs. nothing more I have to say to you.

Maybe it is not sad for you to live with herpes, but I refuse to live with it and within a year I won't. I do know 2 people who cured themselves it's not fake at all also what would you know there are around 7.5 billion people in the world not 40 billion!

The website exists for treatment  and cures so I am happy to know you have nothing more to say to me because I guess until the medical world states there is a cure that is the only time you would believe it. I on the other hand have tapped into some new knowledge and it's definitely curable. I guess when i do cure myself and come back to tell you you wouldn't believe me either eh?

WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, Mr Fasting said:

Maybe it is not sad for you to live with herpes, but I refuse to live with it and within a year I won't. I do know 2 people who cured themselves it's not fake at all also what would you know there are around 7.5 billion people in the world not 40 billion!

The website exists for treatment  and cures so I am happy to know you have nothing more to say to me because I guess until the medical world states there is a cure that is the only time you would believe it. I on the other hand have tapped into some new knowledge and it's definitely curable. I guess when i do cure myself and come back to tell you you wouldn't believe me either eh?

Yes I have heaps to say to you, you cannot cure herpes by fasting. This website does NOT exist for people to spread that shit.

The 40 billion refers to those who have EVER lived with herpes, past and present. What’s new about fasting that hasn’t been tried by some of these 40 billion since the dawn of man?

Mr Fasting
On 9/10/2019 at 10:14 AM, WilsoInAus said:

Yes I have heaps to say to you, you cannot cure herpes by fasting. This website does NOT exist for people to spread that shit.

The 40 billion refers to those who have EVER lived with herpes, past and present. What’s new about fasting that hasn’t been tried by some of these 40 billion since the dawn of man?

Not here to chat to you nor have a debate with you. Simply here to spread the word that I know 2 people who cured themselves through fasting and it takes 1 year of discipline. You have already made up your mind so move on....

Simply interested in talking with like minded people and there experiences!

WilsoInAus

Not here to chat to you nor have a debate with you. Simply here to spread the word that I know 2 people who cured themselves through fasting and it takes 1 year of discipline. You have already made up your mind so move on....

Simply interested in talking with like minded people and there experiences!

No, there is indeed no need to debate or chat on the issue.

Not one, that’s right, zero of the 40 billion people who have ever had herpes have been cured of it, fasting or otherwise.

If there was such a person, then where of God’s Earth is the evidence?

This is not a website for such misinformation and false hope.

I’m sorry but this isn’t the website for you, so move on...

vzhe

Please don't engage with WilsoInAus and just block him. Instructions for blocking him are in my signature. He's just a troll, and if you reply you give him what he wants.

Bob8857

This thread has driven me batty to read. So much slightly right slightly wrong information.  First off, the reason OP has had no outbreaks is likely because of Lysine intake in his diet.  Eggs folks.  One egg delivers a whopping 1,000mg (1g) of Lysine.  Try, like OP, eating a few eggs every day and see what happens to your frequency of outbreaks.  You’re effectively mega dosing lysine daily and it’s downright delicious. 

Secondly, autophagy does NOT kick in until the 48 hour mark and DOES continue for several days.  Saying otherwise is factually false. The expert on Fasting Autophagy is now Dr Valter Longo and he has shown this in several studies.  So OPs statement that it starts at 10 hours and ends at 36 hours is incorrect.  You must reach 48 hours for this to have any effect whatsoever.  Intermittent fasting does not result in autophagy. 

OP is confused.  He stated that the immune system doesn’t tank during a fast, but instead improves.  Nope.  This is the problem with armchair scientists.  It tanks during the fast and improves after refeeding.

When you fast the immune system does one thing, and one thing only:  TANK.  Which is why many of you have worse outbreaks trying this.  It’s at the point of REFEEDING that stem cells begin generating new immune cells for you to benefit from.  this does not happen during the fast!  During the fast, the immune system breaks down, goes into autophagy killing damaged and old immune cells, and your immune markers drastically decrease.  Everything is suppressed.

This is why I wish someone more informed could’ve commented on the approach of a 3-4 day fast with Valtrex and Lysine and water.  Suppressing / killing the virus while the immune system breaks down.... and then enjoying the regenerated immune system that develops upon refeeding.  

Lastly - I was shocked to see the insinuation that a keto diet is preventive for herpes.  There are literally hundreds of reports of people going vegan and / or keto that got markedly worse from it.  Any diet that stresses the immune system by depleting energy sources (healthy carbs), will spell misery. 

Lysine is the holy grail. 

TLDR:  Fasting does kill your immune system so I would only do it with prophylactic measures (Valtrex and Lysine).  EVERYONE here start eating 3 whole eggs every morning (3,000 mg lysine) and chicken in some form and see how you’re faring with outbreaks after a couple weeks.  Coffee?  Chocolate?  Junk food?  Enjoy outbreaks.  You must do at least 48 hours to see the benefits of autophagy.  

avr

Bob:

It's not the lysine content alone that matters, but the lysine/arginine ratio. And eggs have a ratio around 1, so they should be pretty neutral actually.

I don't know when exactly autophagy sets in, but I wouldn't trust what Valter Longo says about it. He's the guy selling the five day "fasting mimicking diet", so he has a vested interest in people believing that they need to fast or quasi-fast for several days to get it. I've also seen him involved in studies demonizing animal protein, and his own product happens to contain no protein... hmm.

That being said, I have read that glucose inhibits autophagy, so I would imagine that you would get it sooner the more keto-adapted your body is, and the more empty your glucose stores are. If you just eat an ordinary mixed diet and then fast for a few hours, your body will just burn its glucose stores, and then start gluconeogenesis once they are empty. But if you are already doing keto habitually and then start fasting, your body will just immediately switch to burning its fat reserves, and probably to autophagy too?

You really think our immune system needs carbs to function well?? Why would that be? Our bodies can burn fat for energy just as well, in fact burning fat is more efficient than burning glucose and doesn't create oxidative stress. Fat is the body's preferred source of energy. That's why it stores excess energy as fat. Carbs are what plants use to store their energy.

In case it's true what you claim about the hundreds of people whose herpes got worse on keto, then it's more likely that this was from all the arginine and oxalate in the nuts. Things are more complex than you portray them. Apart from lysine and arginine, inflammation can be another trigger, as I have observed for myself. Oxalates can accumulate in the body and are known to cause inflammation, although there seems to be something else in nuts too that gives me short acting inflammation even when I have just small amounts. It's possible to do keto without nuts and other high oxalate foods, though quite restrictive.

@Seekerofhealth: I know I'm a few years late and you probably won't see this post, and you may well have figured it out for yourself by now. But I'll just briefly say it anyway: All your health problems are very typical issues caused by accumulation of oxalate in the body. If you haven't done so yet, join the Trying Low Oxalates Facebook group, do the diet with the help of their list and you will find what you seek!

Cas9

@avr

Can you show me where Valter Longo says that it requires several days of fasting to induce autophagy? I'm not saying that he hasn't said that but I didn't find anything where he says it requires several days for autophagy. Maybe you can provide a link.

Your comment regarding Longo, assumes that because he has a vested interest in selling his fasting mimicking diet, we shouldn't trust him. Is that fair? Isn't it possible that the studies he has performed do indeed bear out that his diet works, regardless of the fact that he ALSO happens to financially profit?

Edited by Cas9

avr

I'm not the one who claimed that he said that, and I don't have time now to read the literature to try and find it. Bob made the claim so if anything then he should be the one to back it up.

I am not doubting that the fasting mimicking diet works to get autophagy going. It's a vegetable soup with some fat, so it makes sense that it would - glucose and protein inhibit autophagy, so just leave them both out and run on fat and micronutrients for a while. It's actually a kind of ketogenic diet, just without protein. Yet at the same time as promoting this specific type of keto diet, he trashes the standard keto diet with arguments that make no sense to me. That's why he seems suspect to me, because it looks like he is trying to tell people that his own expensive product is the only way to get the coveted autophagy, that you can't get it yourself simply through doing keto and/or intermittent fasting. And his product is quite overpriced for a simple vegetable soup, which is all it really is. I can make that myself. Or just boil some veggies and add some butter or a creamy sauce, I used to eat such meals quite often actually before I went carnivore. I must have been getting lots of autophagy then without even realising it.

Yes, it might be that he is right about the onset of autophagy, or half-right if it depends on how keto-adapted you are. But since he has a vested interest, his word should not count as evidence for us. I don't think that's being unfair to him. If Bob wants us to believe it, he needs to provide evidence from a neutral source. @Bob8857 Do you have any better evidence?

Cas9

@avr
You said to Bob:
" I don't know when exactly autophagy sets in, but I wouldn't trust what Valter Longo says about it. He's the guy selling the five day "fasting mimicking diet", so he has a vested interest in people believing that they need to fast or quasi-fast for several days to get it. "

I read the above statement as you tying the multi day fasting (Longo's mimicking diet) to obtaining autophagy.

I believe autophagy kicks in, in a day or two, and I don't think Longo believes otherwise. If you read otherwise, let me know. However, from what I understand, and I could be wrong, it takes several days (i.e. at least 5 days) to achieve discernible shrinkage of body organs (and the immune system shrinks also). Then, when you start feeding normally again (for a few days) after the fast, your stem cells kick in and create brand new cells for those organs and the immune system. The stem cells only kick in after fasting for approximately 5 days. The end result is that your organs and immune system return to their normal size, but are better than they were before the fast.

The problem is, most people find it hard to fast for 5+ days. Longo believes that coming up with something that is easier to do and can still generate the benefits of stem cell activation, is of course a good thing. Granted, there's always "suspicion" when someone has a vested interest, but whether he's right about his FMD really depends on what the scientific evidence shows.

If you read or find something different on the topic, let me know. It's an interesting topic. I have been doing the intermittent fasting myself for about a month. My longest fast was 48 hours.

Edited by Cas9

avr

Well, according to Bob it is about autophagy, not stem cell activation.

Oh and I was going to add something: If you are finding it hard to fast because your body just doesn't seem to function well without food, then you may have some genetic polymorphisms like I do which mean that certain enzymes don't function well when the concentration of their cofactor is low. B Vitamins are frequent cofactors and are flushed out of the body quickly. So try supplementing with a B complex while fasting and see if that helps. The doses should be a few times the RDI, which is too low, but not excessively high because any excess is wasted.

Cas9
5 hours ago, avr said:

Well, according to Bob it is about autophagy, not stem cell activation.

Oh and I was going to add something: If you are finding it hard to fast because your body just doesn't seem to function well without food, then you may have some genetic polymorphisms like I do which mean that certain enzymes don't function well when the concentration of their cofactor is low. B Vitamins are frequent cofactors and are flushed out of the body quickly. So try supplementing with a B complex while fasting and see if that helps. The doses should be a few times the RDI, which is too low, but not excessively high because any excess is wasted.

I haven't had any major issues with fasting. Mainly, I make sure I fast for approximately 16 hours per day. I also work out 4-5 days a week. I've done 24 hour fasts a couple of times and a 44 hour fast once. Regarding the 44 hour fast, I could have continued but I decided that was enough for now. No problems except an occasional and mild lightheadedness for a few seconds and/or very mild stomach upset; nothing to stop me from what I was doing.

They say that age has to be considered also. I'm 65 so I'm kind of on the cusp. That said, there haven't been any issues. I also bought a keto meter. I'll be trying out more extended fasts over time; i.e. I would like to kick in stem cell activation.