The serpent tricked me. God warned me

giveYourselfTime

giveYourselfTime

I find understanding to my news from the story in Genesis when the serpent tricks Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge. I might not completely understand it, but my Jehovahs witnesses helped me.

For about a year before diagnosis I was somehow a lot more worried about dating men and that I felt like I was taking a risk of getting chlamydia or something, my anxiety grew. I felt like this was a warning from God. Then I met an ex and I felt like there was no risk, I had liked him for a while and knew he didn't give me anything 3 years ago. The serpent told me it was ok. A week later I got symptoms and then diagnosed then dumped. I felt punished, I felt like he did this to me. But the Jehovahs witnesses reminded me that god does good and that it is 's***n' that does evil.

I know that if I follow god and allow god to guide me he will help me to live life to my happiest and give me hope :) He loves me.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with having herpes. It is a very common, mostly harmless virus. Even virgins can get herpes. Anyone who has ever had mono, chicken pox or a cold sore has herpes.

Do you believe God punishes animals by giving them herpes? Most vertebrate animals can get a virus called herpes. Dogs, cats, horses and even penguins can get herpes. I swear there is a beluga whale here at the Georgia Aquarium that gets cold sores.

God created virus' and bacteria as a part of life, not as a punishment.

Good luck!

JB

• Like 3

JBnATL.... you must have very mild herpes to keep telling people having herpes is ok! I'm happy for you that you accept this about yourself and are able to live a great life without letting herpes get you down... BUT it is not that way for everyone. As someone inflicted with oral hsv-2 who has experienced 80 plus cold sores in the past few months (just think about having to go out in public,) I can say that there IS something wrong with having herpes.

Honestly, I'm praying to God many times a day to make it go away. I'm not sure if God is punishing me or not (especially as I got this taking care of a special needs child,) but this is horrible to deal with. I'm scared of giving this to my kids. And a bit less scared of giving it to my husband, and he hasn't dared put himself in risk of getting it from me, which of course is a whole other mess to deal with.

joyandlife- God will always forgive you. I think you're just working through "forgiving" yourself. (And I don't think we can compare ourselves to animals.) I'm not sure if I'm "allowed" to say this on here or not... but I would recommend to anyone to abstain from sex until you're married. Maybe you can meet someone at a singles event at church? A lot of the big churches have that kind of thing.

• Like 1

Take control of your life and your health. I'm not religious, but if I were then I would say that God gave you this virus to encourage you to treat your body like a temple and to rise to the challenge and save yourself. That seems to be the running theme.. overcome adversity and save yourself because everything is a test of your courage, will, and determination in life. God won't make it go away. You're praying for the wrong thing. Pray for the strength to change and adapt so that you can persevere.

• Like 3
JBnATL.... you must have very mild herpes to keep telling people having herpes is ok! I'm happy for you that you accept this about yourself and are able to live a great life without letting herpes get you down... BUT it is not that way for everyone. As someone inflicted with oral hsv-2 who has experienced 80 plus cold sores in the past few months (just think about having to go out in public,) I can say that there IS something wrong with having herpes

Daisy, I know many people do suffer from this virus when they first contract it. The first outbreaks can be horrible and until you build up antibodies to the virus people can suffer for many months. My comment comes from not only having had it myself for many years but from also having chatted with thousands of people on this website over the past 5+ years. An earlier version of this website allowed members to have 'friends' similar to Facebook. Before the website was changed, I had over 5,000 friends and I can tell you that for almost all of them herpes turned out to be no big deal and in fact many of them told me that getting genital herpes changed their lives for the better.

Having learned your story in chat, I really think you should get a culture/swab test of what you are experiencing. From what you have told us I really don't think you have hsv2 oral. And I am saddened from what you have said how your husband is treating you. As a medical doctor he should know better than react the way he has towards you. If indeed you do have hsv2 oral once your body creates antibodies I doubt you will have any problems with this again in the future. Eventually I am confident you will come to realize it isn't a big deal

Good luck!

JB

giveYourselfTime

Thanks for your comments :) I hope my post didnt sound too bad, its just another way i look at it. Im staying positive & am slowly going down the religious road. Now i am seeing this as what it is, pretty much like a skin condition, i am feeling better, still yet to see how my body handles it. Will keep up the hope. Thank u all so much for your support :) youre all amazing

joyandlife... You sound like such a positive person. I do think looking at it as a "skin condition" is great advice from JB. How long ago were you diagnosed, if you care to share?

JB... I did get another culture, the results were negative. This was my second negative in a row. So I do not have confirmation that this is HSV-2 from a culture, yet. However, I may not need it. I'm not sure if you saw where Wilson told me I did not get a Western Blot (as I thought I did) because Western Blots do not have a number value. (My results were HSV-1 negative and HSV-2 positive 2.52.) I checked with my husband and found out that although he requested a Western Blot, I did not get one, and actually had the ELISA. (As to why my husband did not clarify this with me earlier, I do not know.) Anyway, I'm actually going in to the office tomorrow evening to get a true Western Blot. I consulted with Terri Warren-are you familiar with her? She seemed to say that the Western Blot could be relied upon. I will believe the results. I do have to say that I know this is herpes.. BUT, I am hoping that mistake was made and this is really HSV-1.

joyandlife--- sorry for hijacking your post with my own issues!

giveYourselfTime

I was diagnosed just over 1 month ago via swab test (is that the same as culture test?), I'm positive for now but if I get obs often I might change my mind! so far everything has been ok, but has only been a week since off suppressive. If I just train my mind to keep happy then I'll be happier in the long run :)

joyandlife... You sound like such a positive person. I do think looking at it as a "skin condition" is great advice from JB. How long ago were you diagnosed, if you care to share?

JB... I did get another culture, the results were negative. This was my second negative in a row. So I do not have confirmation that this is HSV-2 from a culture, yet. However, I may not need it. I'm not sure if you saw where Wilson told me I did not get a Western Blot (as I thought I did) because Western Blots do not have a number value. (My results were HSV-1 negative and HSV-2 positive 2.52.)

Daisy, this makes more sense now. Good luck with your test, please let us know the results.

I hope that whatever is causing your symptoms goes away quickly.

Good luck!

JB

HSV-1 is herpes, just like HSV-2 is herpes. They're sibling viruses.

Yes, I know they're both herpes. I was diagnosed with oral HSV-2 and hope that the test was wrong and it is actually oral HSV-1, as that would be much better for me.

Terri Warren (a herpes expert) told me that a swab is more sensitive than a culture. But I believe that a positive swab or a positive culture are both to be interpreted as close to 100% certain as you can get in diagnosing herpes.

Take control of your life and your health. I'm not religious, but if I were then I would say that God gave you this virus to encourage you to treat your body like a temple and to rise to the challenge and save yourself. That seems to be the running theme.. overcome adversity and save yourself because everything is a test of your courage, will, and determination in life. God won't make it go away. You're praying for the wrong thing. Pray for the strength to change and adapt so that you can persevere.

VVK... also I wanted to tell you that "God won't make it (herpes) go away," isn't something you'd typically hear a Christian say or even think. It's perfectly reasonable for a person who believes God loves them and can do anything to pray for healing from any disease, including herpes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm Christian but seeking. Had HSV2 AND complications since2009. I recently joined a group of nice folks in a secret group on FB. They r nice but there's a lot of talk about sexual frustration and loneliness. I don't really feel a lot n common. I relate most things back to the Bible and even Quran. (Read both) and believe my particular situation is a result of not obeying God. I read the above post and realize this is NOT ur case, but am dying to find like minded religious / spiritual people that r looking at other factors to deal w issue not just how to have sex or flirt. If anyone knows of any groups Muslim or Christian let me know.

I know now when I got Herpes.Within a few months of being exposed before first outbreak and before I knew I started getting very I'll. Was healthy prior to that perfect blood work etc. I went for all kinds of tests. During this time I had blood work and tested positive for herpes. No outbreak yet. I was diagnosed with Sjogrens and may have Lupus. 2 highly qualified rheumatologists said when I got the herpes virus my immune system fired up to fight the virus and then started attacking my own body because it didn't recognize it as something different from the herpes virus. I was told they could not definitely prove it because herpes can lie dormant for so longbut I was told that because of my medical history in the way everything showed up that very likely this was the cause of the autoimmune problem and that it can be a rare complication of the herpes virus. my life is now crap because not only do I have herpes but I also have an autoimmune disease.

I get very angry when I hear people say that it's no big deal it's just a minor condition because it is not a minor condition and there are serious complications rare but still serious that can occur and not just the one that I have. and the unfortunate part is you never know what one individual is going to be that person that has the complications

Oh my... so sorry!

I get kinda mad too. I do think that if it's affected you mildly, that looking at it as a "skin condition" might be great to help you learn to live with it. BUT, it's so much more for me. I can't ever kiss my kids again, and they are so young! I can't snuggle with them when I'm sleepy either, as I won't be able to guard my mouth (with constant oral hsv-2 outbreaks) so that they don't bump it. I would soooo love to give them each kiss again or fall asleep beside them. As for my husband... I'm not sure it will ever be the same between us. It wasn't my "fault" this happened to me. But what herpes stole from me is priceless.

And so is your health interpfinder... do you feel robbed?

Oh my... so sorry!

I get kinda mad too. I can't ever kiss my kids again, and they are so young! I can't snuggle with them when I'm sleepy either, as I won't be able to guard my mouth (with constant oral hsv-2 outbreaks) so that they don't bump it. I would soooo love to give them each kiss again or fall asleep beside them. As for my husband... I'm not sure it will ever be the same between us. It wasn't my "fault" this happened to me. But what herpes stole from me is priceless.

And so is your health interpfinder... do you feel robbed?

Yes, sometimes...more over the auto immune thing. Because I'm older the things that go on w having hsv or should say dont go on aren't so important. The side effects of the Sjogrens are bad. This is irrelevant but tonight is not really good for me because my ex who is on FB and gave me thishas posted pictures w 2 different women the past 2 weeks. He's living it up I'm sure not disclosing and here I am. Have been having serious talk with God. Ur hubby married u for better or worse. Take Valtrex or Acylclovir use Lysine limit nuts and red meat and u will b OK as far as ur kids. A kiss on the head should b fine. I'll pray your husband relaxes and his love for u kicks n. Do try meds if doc prescribes they do help.

I've tried 3 so far, but they didn't help. I get about one new cold sore a day. If I eat poorly or don't sleep well, I still get just one a day. I haven't noticed anything that helps. However, I do notice that if I eat something cold like ice cream or iced coffee, I'll get more than one a day. But I avoid cold food and drinks now. Other than cold stuff, there's nothing that helps or makes it worse. It's just a consistent one a day.

I did talk to my husband about it the other day. He said it's not the fear of getting HSV-2 from me that is keeping him "away." He thinks he could live with it fine. And if he got it genitally, he recognizes that it's usually less of a negative experience for men than for women. But he said he sees how awful it is for me to distance myself physically from the children, and he just can't bear to choose the same thing for himself. I guess he's "choosing" the kids over me. I do feel defeated.

I went through this right after diagnosis. U feel contaminated. As far as I understand about kids, if u take anti virals don't kiss on lips or leave saliva on them and don't pick at lesions then touch them they all b fine w a kiss on the for head or cheek. Big issue is just don't share food or drinks. I think missing Mommy's touch would b worse. I'm not going to try to say that this disease anything horrible. to say it's an annoying skin disease is ridiculous. that being said the first year is the toughest. you will learn how to deal with the children and still be warm and loving and affectionate and the same with your husband. remember sweetie this is also a grief process. I know you guys know about the five stages or four stages of grief whatever it is. you're going to go through a lot of emotions and things before you finally can relax and come to terms with the situation but you are going to have to for your peace of mind and for your husband and your children. my daughter still leave her toilet seats w Lysol when I leave.

• 3 years later...

well you don't really understand bible life rules till after your abused or troubled in need.   keep ya head up ..  sex squick way to become slave or used and heart strings yanked .  lose your purpose .. tricky one .. if ya do it you have to feel safe and worth it ... don't do it then cause you have to live with your choices ...  lots devils out there .. figure if speech ..  devil made me do it .  haha, kinda true you give in to devil or temptation . figures of speech but it is very true cause world is full of devil people with intent to harm people .  they have brain defects . narcism / personality disorders .. they born to manipulate and hurt kill people. use people with no empathy as pawns .. hard to spot . just a feeling or they look at you one day can see the hate you or have it in for you .  evil people .  1 in so many guys has it to borderline .  so gods telling you or people who felt with it by holy spirirt to watch out for those devils ..  break down the bible into reality .. it is telling  the truth of life through history .. truth from poor batsrads enslaved or phsyco abused ..  watch out for false profits .  sex the fastest way to be controlled enslaved and used by devil people . satanists . but hey some decent people out there .. keep ya head up .. rule 1 is would you be proud if you had a baby to claim bay momma or daddy . lol.  always better to date good people .  take your chances just don't  be all over different people . haha.  easier to find good guys and choices ..  take care ..   i learning from you guys . in here reading your comments ..