The serpent tricked me. God warned me

giveYourselfTime

1 Corinthians 7:28

But if you marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Yet such will have trouble in this life, and I am trying to spare you.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Not-Marrying

This was the trouble we were warned about. 

I found this tonight and felt like it was worth pointing out the wisdom in it to bring us closer to God. 

Even when we fall short we find redemption in Jesus Christ and our faith is restored. 

Edited by floydmonk
3 hours ago, floydmonk said:

1 Corinthians 7:28

But if you marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Yet such will have trouble in this life, and I am trying to spare you.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Not-Marrying

This was the trouble we were warned about. 

I found this tonight and felt like it was worth pointing out the wisdom in it to bring us closer to God. 

Even when we fall short we find redemption in Jesus Christ and our faith is restored. 

That is not what the passage is about at all. It is to do with the world of your soul where there is no herpes or any virus for that matter. It speaks to the virtues and enhanced aspects of your life to join with another soul unselfishly. It warns against the selfish soul.

the bible also says “'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”

No one has come up short in the eyes of God simply because they contract or pass herpes.

Right, it’s just the concept that if you end up catching it outside of wedlock, it can cause a lot more problems. In my case it was while I was married, but I think the advice is still valuable. Not a big deal. I just happened to be reading some bible verse and decided to pitch in

1 hour ago, floydmonk said:

Right, it’s just the concept that if you end up catching it outside of wedlock, it can cause a lot more problems. In my case it was while I was married, but I think the advice is still valuable. Not a big deal. I just happened to be reading some bible verse and decided to pitch in

No it is NOT OK to use the word of God to support some crazy notion that being infected out of wedlock is in anyway different at any level to being infected within wedlock.