Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MsLucy

Got Neem?

6 posts in this topic

I just wanted to toss this out for anyone who thinks theey might want to try it. When I was diagnosed, my dr gave me a month's supply of Valtrex and a years prescription, but when I started reading the possible side effects, I decided it wasn't for me. So, anyway, I started browsing the web, and I came across the Neem website, and I was intrigued. It's a tree indigenous to India, and they've been using it's leaves, bark and leaf oil for centuries to cure various ailments and as a contraceptive.

Anyhoo... I started taking 440 mg a day (Neem leaf extract capsules) plus a daily multi-vitamin, and I have to say, the next two ob's I started to get never materialized. Got the prodome symptoms for a day and that was it. That was good. But then, being human and basically lazy, I got really lax and stopped taking the Neem and vitamins. WHAM! Got a biggie within about a week. OUCH! So after it got to the stage where death by dehydration doesn't seem like such a bad thing as long as you don't have to pee anymore because it burns so bad (you all know what that's like) I started back on the Neem... 2 capsules a day plus the vitamin, and within 2 days the ob was gone. Poof. Outta here.

They even did a study at John Hopkins and found that Neem inserted in the vaginas of mice prevented the mice from contracting herpes when it was introduced. It has properties that are toxic to certain viruses, including the herpes virus.

For anyone interested in having a look-see, a good place to start is the Neem foundation website at http://www.neemfoundation.org/health.htm

For myself, I'm going to stay with it for a while and see what happens. So far, I'm impressed. Plus it's inexpensive, readily available at health food stores and has no side affects whatsoever.

I have been trying to get neem oil for years. Not to fight herpes but to keep those mosquitos at bay when I go home. Can I get neem oil at this site also? Yes I also read about it being a potent anti viral, but as a natural contraceptive. Wow. I shall be needing some of that. I'm way too fertile, all I've got to do is hang my panties on the doorknob and bam baby on it's way.

Thanks for sharing that.

I love you writercll. Thanks a million.

Neem has been shown to be a powerful, relatively inexpensive birth control agent for both men and women. In the first century B.C., Charaka, the Indian physician, gave a detailed method for using neem for contraception. Cotton soaked in neem oil was kept in the vagina for fifteen minutes before intercourse. This killed the sperm.

I need some of that oil.

Thanks again

Christy

Thanks for the info on neem! I'm going to pick some up asap.

I want to stick with natural methods as much as I possibly can. When I took the acyclovir I lost an incredible amount of hair, and it hasn't all come back yet :(. It's very disturbing to me and it makes me wonder what else it may be doing to my body?

I had to laugh when you mentioned the John Hopkins study, I had never given a thought to mice having vagina's :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again for the info and the giggle

Are you three just trying to sell something? Are you telling me that this neem stuff really works? You're not just pulling my leg are you? Tell me more!!!

(the above is meant to be accompanied by a most sarcastic tone of voice)

Nope, lintrus, not pulling your leg or selling anything. In fact, I was hesitant to even mention this, but it really has worked well for me. I'm totally freakish about taking any kind of prescription drugs, and have no faith in the commercial drugs they try to peddle to people. I figure, if the possible side effects of the treatment are worse than the disease, how good can it be good for you, overall? But that's just me. I'm not advocating anyone forgo prescription drugs. I'm not an expert on anything. I did read though, that not once, ever, has there been a recorded case of anyone having an adverse reaction to Neem. I'm sure, like everything else, you could overdo it, but we're all intelligent enough not to do that, right?

Apparently, though, it's something that you have to be consistent with, or I wouldn't have gotten the ob after not taking it for a while. I should mention that the one capsule I was taking per day is about 1/2 the recommended dosage.

Actually, Christy, you can buy Neem on line on severals sites, The one I'm familiar with is http://neemtreefarms.com/catalog/ but there are others. I'm lucky, the health food store down the street sells all sorts of Neem products. Anyway, it's worth a try. At least if it doesn't help, (and we all know that what works for one may not work for another) it won't hurt.

Shayna... where do you think baby mice come from? Silly girl! :lol: