World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Freedom509

Its Been a while

Freedom509

I have been diagnosed with genital herpes type 1 for about two years now. This will be the first time that I am truly addressing what was given to me when someone took my virginity. I don't really know where to turn, what to do or how to move on with my life. It's as if this boy who I was so scared to have sex with now has a hold over my whole life and comes with me where ever I go.

november13

Congratulations on reaching out! Don't let this take over your life. I recommend reading the Success Stories on the forums. Talk to people on here. You will see that lots of people live happy lives with herpes. It's just a virus. Guys WILL still want to be with you. I have gHSV1 too and of the 2 guys that know I have it both have still wanted to be with me. If anyone doesn't want to be with you because of it, it's their loss and they probably wouldn't stick around regardless. There's so much more to you than having a virus, so please don't let it take over your whole life.