World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Nole

Dating stigma

Nole

This is a classic example of why there is so much negative stigma out there. This guy is a VERY popular relationship coach who coaches men and women on dating and relationships. In this video he discusses among other things, a woman who has herpes. How he views her is disturbing to me and this is a common attitude amongst a lot of people as well as the fact that like most, he is very uneducated about herpes and how it's transmitted.

http://www.understandingrelationships.com/why-you-shouldnt-take-her-back/18454

JBnATL

Thanks for posting this. I just left a comment on his blog. Hopefully he will allow it to be seen by anyone who reads that post.

JB

SheIsBlue

Hey Nole. His attitude is wrong on so many levels. I don't like the word diseased nor do I consider myself diseased. More importantly, what makes this guy an expert on relationships? He seems rather immature to me and disrespectful of women in general (at least that was my impression). I don't normally read these links b/c they are upsetting to me and probably won't again. I do appreciate your sharing though and understand the point you are making.

Nole

With an estimated 50 million people in the US that have hsv, he's certainly insulted a HUGE proportion of his paying audience. For a guy who claims to be such a success in business, I'm thinking that perhaps wasn't the greatest business decision.

I know I won't be reading anymore of his stuff

Acesheart

This man put the J in jerk, the I in ignorance and he can kiss my herpefied Ass! Thank you for posting, and I agree with all y'all said here.

sameme

That guy's an idiot and not only because of his ignorance about herpes... I couldn't even listen to him speak.

november13

I wonder what idiots pay him $110 for an e-mail response or $350 for an hour on the phone smh

Mellisuga

This guy would be what a lot of guys out there think is "real talk", or just "stating the facts".

He didn't really talk the guy down for thinking about dating the lady with herpes if she became long term - and that's kind of what we figure here too, sometimes. Everyone has a right to their own standards.

A lot of what he says is BS though. How he refers to "your woman should..." and "guys will give up their stuff to please the misses"... pleeeeease, lol.

Acesheart

That "disease word" really made me wanna bitchslap that Jerk!! My husband would never even think of using that word to describe my virus.