World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
dirtythirtys

my results

dirtythirtys

I was only 16 days in from my outbreak should I believe this. Can anyone tell me what it means. I was told it could be a false positive and false negative being so early.my test results showed up at hsv1-2.42 hsv2-1.49 can anyone she'd light what that possibly means.

JLJFB

It seems pretty high, not sure you would have these results were you newly infected. Perhaps you carried the virus for quite some time before your first OB.. I feel for you, quite the shitty situation we are in. :(

dirtythirtys

I accept it.i was only 16 days into it with my first break out when I got tested. I'm okay with it now. Does it Mean I have both.i was told it could be false since it hasn't been 16 weeks yet.

JLJFB

Could be a false negative but never to my knowledge a false positive. For what there is of HSV1 I think something like 80% of the population is a carrier, you could have had that since childhood, you may have caught HSV2 recently, future blood tests will be able to determine that. I wish you good luck, my thoughts are with you.

joeer120

I've never had an outbreak.... Diagnosed in December through blood test... HSV-2 positive... Been with my current boyfriend for five years.. He's negative.. So it wasn't him... Therefore, you could have had it for a while and just got your first noticeable outbreak... You should get the Western Blot...