World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
onelongnightmare

Okay to masturbate?

onelongnightmare

If the virus is always shedding, what will happen if vaginal fluids coming in contact with my hands when there are no sores?

I am aware that masturbating with open sores during an outbreak is out of the question.

Also, during sex I like to use my hands for vaginal stimulation. Is that not possible anymore? I am afraid of vaginal fluid entering through microscopic cuts or dry skin on my hands.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Acesheart

Hey one, welcome. Yes masturbating is always allowed when no outbreaks are present. Who could enjoy self-loving with that kind of pain right. Look in the Sex, Kissing and Intimacy section, we just talked lubes and handjobs. No shame in self-love, using lube reduces frictions, those can cause an outbreak. Also shaving and any irritation can bring on outbreaks.

We actually shed like 12% a year (365 days) so don't fill your mind with Am I Shedding? If you wash your hands and toys with soap and water that will kill anything , any germs left on the hands. Herpes cannot live airborne for longer then few seconds, the oxygen in the air kills any remaining germ left behind. Washing toys with warm water , if you use them like me, can remove any germ/residue. Take care. Truly Aces xo

onelongnightmare

[uSER=37345]@Acesheart[/uSER] Microscopic cuts on the hands rubbing against shedding skin / vaginal fluid or semen is protected if we wash hands with soap and water? I find that confusing because isn't the fluid already *inside* by rubbing? How will soap and water prevent that?

Acesheart
[uSER=37345]@Acesheart[/uSER] Microscopic cuts on the hands rubbing against shedding skin / vaginal fluid or semen is protected if we wash hands with soap and water? I find that confusing because isn't the fluid already *inside* by rubbing? How will soap and water prevent that?

No one, if you have cuts you can use finger cots. They are like a sheath for the finger. NEVER expose any cut or open wound, this goes without saying. Im sorry I assumed you understood what I was conveying. Truly, Ace xo

Acesheart

If you suffer from chafing hands or dry skin, use a moisturizing lotion for the hands.

Acesheart

You can go to "Our Network" located up top this page towards left side, click it and when the page opens in New windows, click on the words "Herpes Facts" this has tons of information.

onelongnightmare
No one, if you have cuts you can use finger cots. They are like a sheath for the finger. NEVER expose any cut or open wound, this goes without saying. Im sorry I assumed you understood what I was conveying. Truly, Ace xo

Does this also apply to torn cuticles and small paper cuts? Thanks.

Acesheart
Does this also apply to torn cuticles and small paper cuts? Thanks.

I personally say Yes, that is considered a tear or wound.

VVK

OP, when were you infected? If it has been three months you have immunity and don't need to worry anymore.

onelongnightmare

[uSER=7662]@VVK[/uSER] I was diagnosed in December. Are you saying even if I have small cuts or dry skin it wouldn't spread to my hands if I come in contact with vaginal fluids during masturbation?

VVK

Late December? I'd wait until March and afterwards, yes, I'm saying you wouldn't spread it to your hands. Or even to your face if you decided to lick your fingers. ;) Too far?

onelongnightmare
Late December? I'd wait until March and afterwards, yes, I'm saying you wouldn't spread it to your hands. Or even to your face if you decided to lick your fingers. ;) Too far?

If it's spread through fluids and saliva would someone else contract it on their fingers if the have say a torn cuticle and come in contact with my genitals or mouth? Since it sheds?

VVK
If it's spread through fluids and saliva would someone else contract it on their fingers if the have say a torn cuticle and come in contact with my genitals or mouth? Since it sheds?

In that case, for your partner I'd say there's a tiny chance that they could get infected but the risk would be incredibly low unless you're having an active outbreak. Transmission happens with friction of vulnerable skin surfaces. That's the preferred way for herpes to spread.

Acesheart

Herpes has NEVER, Ever been proven to be transferred by saliva. Even my stupidest doctor got that information correct. Please don't stress it passing by saliva, no way. Hugs Aces xo

onelongnightmare
Herpes has NEVER, Ever been proven to be transferred by saliva. Even my stupidest doctor got that information correct. Please don't stress it passing by saliva, no way. Hugs Aces xo

Interesting! How do people get genital herpes from oral sex with no cold sore?

Acesheart
Interesting! How do people get genital herpes from oral sex with no cold sore?

Shedding occurs and I've spoken with many married couples who didn't know they had ever gotten cold sores, parents were both dead so they had no one to ask, after decades of marriage one or the other passed their cold sore virus they called "fever blisters" to their spouses genitals. I don't know that either ever knew the other had it as they after decades we never saw a cold sore on the other spouse.

daisy2008

I had a torn cuticle and transferred my ghsv2 to my thumb.. It was gross but healed up. At the time I had an OB & it was my first .. Did not know I had HSV2. Won't do that again

Acesheart
I had a torn cuticle and transferred my ghsv2 to my thumb.. It was gross but healed up. At the time I had an OB & it was my first .. Did not know I had HSV2. Won't do that again

THAT is a very Rare occurrence. May I ask, do you use finger protection when you tend to your outbreaks? Also did you have that thumb Swabbed and tested, what are the numerical values of this testing that was performed? Just curiosity. H2 thrives in genitals, NEVER have I ever heard of whitlow herpes (hand herpes) being h2 Type. Let me know, please. Truly Aces x

daisy2008

I have another medical condition "rectocele" which is a prolapsed bowel .. Sometimes I need to put my thumb in my vagina to fully empty my bowel. I didn't know I had HSV2 at the time.. I had a fever for 4 days, painful urination.. And thought the onset of a yeast infection. I had a pretty good cut on my thumb and a couple days after I inserted my thumb it was very painful.. Blistered up, throbbed and was seriously itchy .. Once I started the Valtrex it started to heal but I did have a few other small blisters appear. Tingling and itchy. I never had it swabbed. Didn't matter at the time as I just found out I contracted GHSV2