World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
beyonce47

insight to who could have given it to me

beyonce47

So I had two unprotected sexual encounters with two different partners in the two weeks prior to me developing symptoms. Spare me the lecture, that is not what I came here for. From the time that the first blister appeared, the first encounter had been 14 days prior, and the second one was 7 days prior. My doctors told me for a primary outbreak, symptoms typically appear within 2-10 days, which convinced me it was the more recent partner who was my transmitter. What I had forgetten until recently was that on the night/day after the more recent encounter, I had felt some feverish symptoms that could have been classified as flu like. They went away within a day however, and I chalked it up to the fact that I had been drinking very heavily several days in a row (I'm a college student). The first blister did not appear till almost a week after the feverish symptoms. If the flu like symptoms were HSV related, would there have been a full week between them and the first blister? I'm worried about having potentially exposed the second partner to HSV if he was not my transmitter

november13

It was probably the 2nd guy, but it still could've been the first. It's even possible that you've had it for a long time, and your immune system finally just got low enough that you had an ob. (People are sometimes married for years before something like this happens!) So, while it was probably 1 of the 2 and more likely the 2nd, it's hard to know for sure.

jennifertigress

yes it is hard to really know especially if you have a history of things like chicken pox and stuff. sorry I know it sucks. tis life.