World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
DarylsGal2011

Hello!

DarylsGal2011

Hello everyone.

Am new to this site, but not new to HSV2! Was diagnosed in 2010/11 (can't remember for sure).

It's taken a lot to create an account on here, as there's such stigma surrounding herpes.

I desperately need some advice - I've had a flare up literally start today. Oh my it is agony. All of my flare ups are bloody painful :(

(I prob get about 4 or 5 a year, ALWAYS linked to my period)

So this flare up - agony at the 'infection site', which has a radiating pain around it, and is causing cramp all down my leg. There is no comfortable position that eases it. This agonising pain usually lasts around 2 days ish.

Does anyone have any home remedies that work????

Thanks in advance

Acesheart
Hello everyone.

Am new to this site, but not new to HSV2! Was diagnosed in 2010/11 (can't remember for sure).

It's taken a lot to create an account on here, as there's such stigma surrounding herpes.

I desperately need some advice - I've had a flare up literally start today. Oh my it is agony. All of my flare ups are bloody painful :(

(I prob get about 4 or 5 a year, ALWAYS linked to my period)

So this flare up - agony at the 'infection site', which has a radiating pain around it, and is causing cramp all down my leg. There is no comfortable position that eases it. This agonising pain usually lasts around 2 days ish.

Does anyone have any home remedies that work????

Thanks in advance

Hey DarylsGal, welcome honey. Have you tried soaking in a tub with a cup of Epsom Salts dissolved in it. They relieve the soreness and help dry up the outbreaks. Also taking ibuprofen can ease the pain. Also spraying bactine on the affected area will numb that area, it contains a numbing agent. You can also apply desitin (baby diaper rash cream in purple tube) this cream contains 40% zinc oxide and does calm the area. I also use vitamin b-12 Complex for nerve support and it gives energy too. Welcome to the family and I'm so very happy you reached out for support. No worries honey, your safe here and amongst the best and most educated with many tips and tricks to help you with those nasty outbreaks. Hugs Aces xo

DarylsGal2011

Thank you so much for your message :)

Wow you have so many tips - I've just been putting up with it and occasionally getting Aciclovir from the docs.

I've just had a bath, which hasn't helped lol!

Will be purchasing some Bactine, and/or Desitin tomorrow!!

I don't want to be 'oh woe is me' but urgh, it's so painful!!

Thanks so much for your kind words :) xx

DarylsGal2011

Thank you so much for your message :)

Wow you have so many tips - I've just been putting up with it and occasionally getting Aciclovir from the docs.

I've just had a bath, which hasn't helped lol!

Will be purchasing some Bactine, and/or Desitin tomorrow!!

I don't want to be 'oh woe is me' but urgh, it's so painful!! And I was beginning to think I was the only one suffering! (Even though I know not really!)

Thanks so much for your kind words :) xx

Acesheart

Hey DarylsGal, you are welcome honey. I've had ghsv2 for nearly 28 years, I'm a mother, a wife and on my good days a great friend. My husband has tested negative for my herpes. He is putting up with my menopausal mood swings now and the higher energy bills from my constant hot flashes, I'd almost rather have a outbreak then go through this Change in Life, Body and Spirit. Hugs Aces xo

DarylsGal2011

I have a boyfriend of 3 years who is so understanding, I'm very lucky.

He's the only person in my life who knows about my hsv. I haven't told anyone else. He's negative also.

I've literally been moaning allllll day, and he's just been lovely :) xx

Acesheart

Honey that is fantastic! :) He should be kind and supported of you. We all appreciate love and deserve it as well. Take care and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Many lovely members here have experiences with ghsv 2 and ghsv 1. Hugs Aces xo