World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
whatmate

Finally diagnosed having Herpes Grade ll

whatmate

I have been seeing woman posts all over the forum...I do hope there are actually guys around..

22nd December, I had one night stand with a thai girl. Unprotected oral, protected intercourse. few days later, fleshed colour spots(very red rashes) started to appear all over my penis glan and it got me really worried. Doctor suspected herpes. It faded within few days...2 weeks ago, reappearing after masturbation and it disappeared again. Was determined to check if it is still coming back, I intentionally masturbate again and yes, the rashes appeared again. Decide to went to the blood test and finally got the results today. Positive. Mental breakdown. I'm really thankful I had my really close friends and my father who keep comforting me and at the same time I'm really depressed with myself for not putting my family into the picture before I had sex like this without thinking of the consequences..I just couldn't believe I got herpes, just like that. It was the 2nd time I had sex in my entire life. Living in my country which is Singapore, the society judges every illness you carry and I really fear of not being able to date anyone. I have read numerous post and guidelines on this forum especially the member Legend's post and it really brings me relief. However after fighting this emotions since 22nd December until judgement day today, I still having troubles trying to accept the fact that I got it. Why, am I so unlucky? I did wore protection, except that who will want a oral sex with a condom on? this one night had just ruin my whole life. I'm sorry for the vent here, and please do not mistake me as someone who's bragging about what I'm going to type next. My name is Michael, 23 year old, university student. Girls eye candy me in lectures, my peers look up to me in grade. My friends always commend me for my good looks, body and dress sense( I seriously doubt I'm good looking, I'm in fact very humble in real life, these are merely the feed backs I get), but now, one virus, just somehow wiped my whole image. I feel disgusted, I felt that I shamed my family, I cried in my home toilet thinking how much humiliation and disappointment I put my dad through and he still there supporting me and telling me its alright. I'm a very strong and independent individual, however I really have no one to turn to except my dad and my close friends. I discover this forum and somehow I felt I can rant everything here..Although chances are, finding any Singaporeans in this website is going to be very slim. I have been facing health problems ever since I was born, but this virus is something I never would have imagine. I felt better typing everything out. My best friend reveal to me that he actually has Herpes Zoster(shingles) through genetics, and he has been living with it since now, all along trying to keep me calm and telling me life is going to be as per normal. Still trying my best to cope with my assignments right now as I'm a distinction student, Okay I believe I type enough, I actually have some real questions..

My herpes symptoms are actually quite mild in a sense that I only get rashes.. on and off, but in particular masturbation. There is no burning sensation, no pain, no nothing...but it turned out to be herpes. Doctor has prescribed me Acylovir pills and cream for me to apply and told me I will recover, but there is still a chance of occurence. Its been more than 6 weeks but I did not see any signs of lesions, blisters etc etc which leads me to thinking that I have a really mild case of herpes which is in fact a good thing. Am I right about this point?

Is herpes transmitted via saliva like shared utensils? Because I'm afraid of spreading to my family, but even now, is actually too late if they contracted it. If any of them get it from me I'm afraid I might just went into depression..

Also, doc mention after all the medication I will recovered, but however, do I need to retake a blood test to confirm my negative status before engaging in sexual activity again?

I hope someone can answer me soon as this is worrying me out... as for herpes, I just need time to accept it...in a judgmental society in my country. I have been through tons of obstacles in my life, aren't going to let this take me down.

jennifertigress
I have been seeing woman posts all over the forum...I do hope there are actually guys around..

22nd December, I had one night stand with a thai girl. Unprotected oral, protected intercourse. few days later, fleshed colour spots(very red rashes) started to appear all over my penis glan and it got me really worried. Doctor suspected herpes. It faded within few days...2 weeks ago, reappearing after masturbation and it disappeared again. Was determined to check if it is still coming back, I intentionally masturbate again and yes, the rashes appeared again. Decide to went to the blood test and finally got the results today. Positive. Mental breakdown. I'm really thankful I had my really close friends and my father who keep comforting me and at the same time I'm really depressed with myself for not putting my family into the picture before I had sex like this without thinking of the consequences..I just couldn't believe I got herpes, just like that. It was the 2nd time I had sex in my entire life. Living in my country which is Singapore, the society judges every illness you carry and I really fear of not being able to date anyone. I have read numerous post and guidelines on this forum especially the member Legend's post and it really brings me relief. However after fighting this emotions since 22nd December until judgement day today, I still having troubles trying to accept the fact that I got it. Why, am I so unlucky? I did wore protection, except that who will want a oral sex with a condom on? this one night had just ruin my whole life. I'm sorry for the vent here, and please do not mistake me as someone who's bragging about what I'm going to type next. My name is Michael, 23 year old, university student. Girls eye candy me in lectures, my peers look up to me in grade. My friends always commend me for my good looks, body and dress sense( I seriously doubt I'm good looking, I'm in fact very humble in real life, these are merely the feed backs I get), but now, one virus, just somehow wiped my whole image. I feel disgusted, I felt that I shamed my family, I cried in my home toilet thinking how much humiliation and disappointment I put my dad through and he still there supporting me and telling me its alright. I'm a very strong and independent individual, however I really have no one to turn to except my dad and my close friends. I discover this forum and somehow I felt I can rant everything here..Although chances are, finding any Singaporeans in this website is going to be very slim. I have been facing health problems ever since I was born, but this virus is something I never would have imagine. I felt better typing everything out. My best friend reveal to me that he actually has Herpes Zoster(shingles) through genetics, and he has been living with it since now, all along trying to keep me calm and telling me life is going to be as per normal. Still trying my best to cope with my assignments right now as I'm a distinction student, Okay I believe I type enough, I actually have some real questions..

My herpes symptoms are actually quite mild in a sense that I only get rashes.. on and off, but in particular masturbation. There is no burning sensation, no pain, no nothing...but it turned out to be herpes. Doctor has prescribed me Acylovir pills and cream for me to apply and told me I will recover, but there is still a chance of occurence. Its been more than 6 weeks but I did not see any signs of lesions, blisters etc etc which leads me to thinking that I have a really mild case of herpes which is in fact a good thing. Am I right about this point?

Is herpes transmitted via saliva like shared utensils? Because I'm afraid of spreading to my family, but even now, is actually too late if they contracted it. If any of them get it from me I'm afraid I might just went into depression..

Also, doc mention after all the medication I will recovered, but however, do I need to retake a blood test to confirm my negative status before engaging in sexual activity again?

I hope someone can answer me soon as this is worrying me out... as for herpes, I just need time to accept it...in a judgmental society in my country. I have been through tons of obstacles in my life, aren't going to let this take me down.

Hello and welcome. I hope you find some Singapore friends here::) yes dr was right there is a chance you could have another ob but it's just a matter of time to see. Within about a year your body adjust to this virus. If you haven't had any in 6 weeks?then that's good:) herpes is spread skin to skin. Not in salve or eating after someone. Most people have herprs in cold sores from being little after a family member kisses the on the cheek. Skin to skin. So a lot of people grow up not knowing they have it. If you had a first sign lesion or blister then tou probably have herpes. If you've ever had a cold sore . Or mono or chicken pox. Did rhe swab for a viral culture at the blister? That's one of the beat ways to be sure. If not there is the western blot blood test you can ask for and other blood work around the 6 week mark? ( anyone correct me if I'm wrong!!:) there are tons of people here are are just like you and u hope you find some helpful information here. :)

WilsoInAus

What blood test did you have? IgG or IgM and what were the results for HSV-1 and HSV-2?

whatmate
Hello and welcome. I hope you find some Singapore friends here::) yes dr was right there is a chance you could have another ob but it's just a matter of time to see. Within about a year your body adjust to this virus. If you haven't had any in 6 weeks?then that's good:) herpes is spread skin to skin. Not in salve or eating after someone. Most people have herprs in cold sores from being little after a family member kisses the on the cheek. Skin to skin. So a lot of people grow up not knowing they have it. If you had a first sign lesion or blister then tou probably have herpes. If you've ever had a cold sore . Or mono or chicken pox. Did rhe swab for a viral culture at the blister? That's one of the beat ways to be sure. If not there is the western blot blood test you can ask for and other blood work around the 6 week mark? ( anyone correct me if I'm wrong!!:) there are tons of people here are are just like you and u hope you find some helpful information here. :)

Hi Jennifer. I did not have any blister nor any of the major symptoms like burning urination/lesions etc etc. Purely rash. I'm positive for HSV2 and come to terms with it already. Thank you for the reply and I done a bit of research knowing it won't be spread through utensils. How ever I heard that by right the first outbreak should be most severe but I only have rashes and...rashes and rashes... And it died down after 3 days. My penis looks perfectly normal now, I guess I just need the antibiotics to do the job to suppress the virus :)

whatmate
What blood test did you have? IgG or IgM and what were the results for HSV-1 and HSV-2?

Ig G for HSV2. I only have rashes on penis which ooriginally thought might be balanitis. That was the only symptom I had in my entire body. No sores no urination problem no nothing. Only visual rashes. So doctor took the blood test specifically for HSV2 . It came back positive yesterday.

jennifertigress

You will need antivirals for this. Antibiotics only cute bacterial infections not viral.

whatmate
You will need antivirals for this. Antibiotics only cute bacterial infections not viral.

Hi. I'm using Acyclovir cream and taking Acyclovir pills. I believe that's the antiviral drug but it's stated as antibiotic in my country

JBnATL

Hi faofff;

You have come to the right place. This website has the most accurate information on the internet about this virus and the people that come here are the best.

Your life is NOT ruined because of this virus. You should find that the longer you have it the less you have symptoms from it. There are others in Singapore that have this virus, I have met several in chat over the years.

Learn all you can about what you have and you should find that genital herpes, for the most part, is no big deal.

Good luck!

JB

whatmate
Hi faofff;

You have come to the right place. This website has the most accurate information on the internet about this virus and the people that come here are the best.

Your life is NOT ruined because of this virus. You should find that the longer you have it the less you have symptoms from it. There are others in Singapore that have this virus, I have met several in chat over the years.

Learn all you can about what you have and you should find that genital herpes, for the most part, is no big deal.

Good luck!

JB

Hi JB, that is really reassuring. Thank you!

scareface547

How does the cream work for everyone? I'm in 2 a day 400 mgs not working the best for me

whatmate
How does the cream work for everyone? I'm in 2 a day 400 mgs not working the best for me

For me, my penis looks the same with or without cream. Because as I mention, it's always rash and disappeared within a few days. But then I always had a few spots( which originally I thought it's due friction or inflammation ) on and off. But I still apply the cream since I need to Anyway. I will be consulting my doctor tomorrow to see my next step onwards

whatmate
How much does it run?

I don't quite get the question.. For the best part is, my penis looks absolutely normal.

Gatorman

Do they have valtrex available in Singapore? If so, see if you can get that instead as it lasts longer than aciclovir in one's body.

Furthermore, getting it while using a condom should tell you how easy it is to contract. It is like wearing a seat belt and still getting in a car accident. At least you know that you did everything that you could.