World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
TigerLilly

Might Have Transferred Genital HSV1 to Oral HSV

TigerLilly

So I'm freaking out a bit here and am scared I transferred my genital HSV1 to my mouth.

A few days ago I had a little cut/break in the corner of my mouth where my upper and lower lips meet. I didn't think this was a big deal as it's winter here, skin tends to dry up and lips crack. It kinda stopped but today it came back and came back hard. First it was just red, then it started to tingle and hurt and then some sort of sore/blister appeared. I'm REALLY scared I transferred my GHSV1 to my face through masturbation or something like that.

But upon going to Google it could also be Angular cheilitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_cheilitis) where a fungal or bacterial infection occurs there. Some of the pictures look similar (like this one: http://www.crackedcornersofmouth.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Cracked-Corners-Of-Mouth1.jpg) to what I have. I think this might be it because a sore appeared and then burst within a few hours and I thought herpes sores take a lot longer to develop and crust over. Though maybe it does happen faster if HSV sores are in the corner of your mouth because you're often opening/closing your mouth?

Anyways, I went to a walk in clinic to demand a swab test be done but the doctor is at a late lunch and there are 5 people ahead of me so I figure I can go for a half hour run then go back. If anyone has any advice or could just be supportive I'd appreciate it. I don't want to tell the guy I'm seeing in case he freaks out so I'm lackin gon emotional support here. Thanks.

blue84

Relax and waitn for results.. Pretty hard if your body carries the viruses to take a hold of another part of your body your chances are slim I would say

TigerLilly

I know... I tell people that all the time and I'm usually careful so I don't think I transferred it. But when it's myself now I can't help but freak out.

Also, I've been waiting at this walk in clinic for 2 hrs now and have been "next" for the past hour. This is ridiculous.

WilsoInAus

The only practical way to have oral HSV-1 is if you were infected genitally and orally at the same time.

Hence going back to the original diagnosis, how did that happen? Did you have a blood test before infection and after?

TigerLilly

So I hate this freaking doctor. I should've went to a different walk in clinic.

After waiting for 2 hours, I tell the doctor what's going on and he said that ti's 99.9% HSV and HSV1 prefers to reside orally and if I have it gentialy I should have it orally too. Clinically that's the most likely. I told him that the sore appeared and crusted over so quickly (less than a day) so I think it might not be it. I tell him I want a swab test done to verify that it is or isn't herpest and he says no. He said it won't make a difference. If it is HSV1 it'll recur and I have it already and if it isn't it won't recur. It won't make a difference with the time it takes to heal or anything else. I told him I want it for peace of mind and he keeps putting it off (this is probably why wait times are freaking so long in Ontario... geez). Finally I demand to have it and he does take a swab of it and tells me to come back in 10 days for the results. But I don't trust him now! I don't know if he'll actually send it to be tested or not. I might just go to another walk-in clinic now to be sure.

Well apparently I'm only allowed to see one doctor a day so I can't see another one even if I wanted to.

I'm leaning towards it not being a herpes sore but I don't know...