World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lily96

Boyfriends afraid of getting herpes

lily96

My boyfriend and i have been together for four months and i told him i hd herpes about two days later that i had oral herpes by sharing a drink.i remember crying because it was a scary thing he could either say never mind i dont want to be with you or okay its fine.luckily he says its okay but yesterday i broke out for the first time with him and hes been freakng out thinking he'll get it.honestly it make me wonder he doesnt deserve to worry biut this.he should be able to do things with someone and not think teice.he says he'll love me no matter what and not to worry.i really don't want him to recieve because of me.im confused if he got it id blame myself so much!!

[emoji17]

Lolitany

Has he been tested? He might have too then you wouldn't have to worry as much

VVK

Maybe he needs to grow up a little bit. I realize you're both young so maybe lack of maturity on his part is understandable, but eventually he has to realize that he's the exception to the norm. Most people already have oral herpes. If he doesn't already have it, chances are that he will sometime down the road. I suggest pointing him to this website so he can educate himself that it's just a manageable skin condition, nothing more.

Maybe he will smarten up and see past the stigma and paranoia surrounding herpes infections, get tested, and invest into the relationship rather than concerning himself with fear. There's nothing wrong with you. You look great, you have a good heart, and usually when you have the second characteristic everything else fills in and you end up being a great partner.

lily96

Thank you i needed to hear that and i am going to point out this website i dont want him afraid of doing anything then there is no point in Being with me.