World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lily96

Feelings

lily96

Is normal that i feel so gross when it comes to breaking out? I just feel ugly and like everyone can see it.[emoji53]

blue84
Is normal that i feel so gross when it comes to breaking out? I just feel ugly and like everyone can see it.[emoji53]

Its all your head its biggest challenge you face to rewire yourself and no matter what luv yourself ..be yourself .. Don't listen to bad side of your head ..stay up bear and motivated.. This is not going anywhere ..anytime soon ..don't stress out which causes out breaks

SheIsBlue

Hey lily, I agree with blue. Everyone has something, I don't care who you are. No one is perfect. Don't worry about it. Love and accept yourself.(:

Acesheart

Exactly! You are still that person you were before getting herpes, so mindset can play a huge roll. As blue and Sheisblue said, block those negative thoughts. Taking a walk, watching a feel good movie or heck just doing something that makes you happy and releasing endorphins will do the trick. My feel goods are getting my flower beds and veggies gardens ready for Spring :) . Hugs Aces xo

VVK

Part of it is in your head but the other part is the sore(s) on your face. These days, when there's such a huge social expectation towards looking perfect, what you're feeling is completely normal even though it really shouldn't be normal at all.

Over time your body will deal with HSV more efficiently, which will make the sores less significant when they do appear. There are also preventative steps that you can take to avoid getting outbreaks. Meanwhile, until you get to that point, I'd suggest finding a way that works for you to stop the sores in their tracks before they become very obvious. There are products that do work very well for this - there's dynamiclear and abreva (if applied early enough). There are also natural oils like oregano and tea tree oil that can stop sores before they develop.

Acesheart

True also another is HerpesinL, Orajel Cold sore, Carmex Cold sore, and another is a Cold Sore patch. Or all natural Apple Cider Vinegar, witch hazel ( burns like fire) but I hear good things. Many options available.