World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
wildgluco

Anyone also read this?

wildgluco

I just happened to read this yesterday, and kinda shock about what it said:

"After years of denied grant requests, Halford decided it was time to go rogue. Though he won't offer specific details, he said he's secured enough money from private investors to run a clinical trial. He's testing his vaccine therapeutically (on people with herpes). If all goes well, he thinks he may have a vaccine developed by the end of 2016."

Isn't this awesome?!!

The full story is: http://mic.com/articles/110378/no-one-has-figured-out-how-to-abolish-herpes-except-perhaps-this-one-scientist-nbsp

Also, is Dr. Balford's first name Bill or William? So confused....

Acesheart

I really enjoyed the videos on VD is for Everyone. That made smile and since im In my 50's, I could actually picture this as a "musical" .

Thank you for researching this piece and huge thank you for the smile, haven't had one in 7 days straight. Much thanks Aces :luv2u:

worried2104

I have always rooted for the underdog. I think Halford and Rider (DRACO) have a chance to make history. Lets hope that they get there shot.

wildgluco

I actually don't exclude any possibility, but I really don't understand how Dr. Halford can be so optimistic. Really wish the best to him, and can't wait for the therapeutic vaccine.

VVK
I actually don't exclude any possibility, but I really don't understand how Dr. Halford can be so optimistic. Really wish the best to him, and can't wait for the therapeutic vaccine.

Do you have a reason to doubt that Halford's vaccination approach will work?

Guest faith in god 2014

Nice article. Halford must feel pressure from HSV-29, the other live virus vaccine. If none of these vaccines work, then Idk what is. We have Admedus coming up, HSV-29 starting their phase 1, and now Halford!! If just one of these works, or one works as a prophylactic (i.e. Admedus) and another as an effective therapeutic, that would be awesome!! Lets pray guys!!

wildgluco
Do you have a reason to doubt that Halford's vaccination approach will work?

As mentioned, I don't doubt anyone's work. Oppositely, I really wish that his idea/thought/research can totally work. But instead of long blog articles, we need real solution/product that can be tested in human being. That is only my personal and humble opinion.

Sufferingfriend
As mentioned, I don't doubt anyone's work. Oppositely, I really wish that his idea/thought/research can totally work. But instead of long blog articles, we need real solution/product that can be tested in human being. That is only my personal and humble opinion.

Do you have a reason for being negative or for thinking this vaccine is not promising? What I mean is do you not find the science promising?

Of course we need testing on humans, and Halford wants this and is apparently moving forward with this. That is exciting to me. Especially since he says it could be ready by the end of 2016. This means there is a race, there is competition, which is the best possible news for us.

We need blog posts as well. It is a place for the scientists to rally support, get the word out, convince private investors to fund these projects with large amounts of money. These guys have to get people excited otherwise nothing will ever happen. The pharmaceutical companies are not interested as they are happy keeping the status quo who make tons off existing drugs, so the only way is to get private funding and then the pharmas will be forced on board once it is clear someone is going to profit off these new drugs.

We have two promising vaccines, Frasers and Halfords, I know far less about Halfords, but he seems to know what he is doing. And of course, the true light is DRACO. The thing that I think will at least make it so I do not have to live with HSV.

I just got antivirals, 3 month supply. I hope this will keep the virus suppressed, and a vaccine will be a near functional cure for most of us, followed by DRACO latter on, which will completely cure us. I am not as hopeful the vaccines will work as DRACO, but Ian Fraser is very excited and optimistic and has the science to back him up.

Guest faith in god 2014
Do you have a reason for being negative or for thinking this vaccine is not promising? What I mean is do you not find the science promising?

Of course we need testing on humans, and Halford wants this and is apparently moving forward with this. That is exciting to me. Especially since he says it could be ready by the end of 2016. This means there is a race, there is competition, which is the best possible news for us.

We need blog posts as well. It is a place for the scientists to rally support, get the word out, convince private investors to fund these projects with large amounts of money. These guys have to get people excited otherwise nothing will ever happen. The pharmaceutical companies are not interested as they are happy keeping the status quo who make tons off existing drugs, so the only way is to get private funding and then the pharmas will be forced on board once it is clear someone is going to profit off these new drugs.

We have two promising vaccines, Frasers and Halfords, I know far less about Halfords, but he seems to know what he is doing. And of course, the true light is DRACO. The thing that I think will at least make it so I do not have to live with HSV.

I just got antivirals, 3 month supply. I hope this will keep the virus suppressed, and a vaccine will be a near functional cure for most of us, followed by DRACO latter on, which will completely cure us. I am not as hopeful the vaccines will work as DRACO, but Ian Fraser is very excited and optimistic and has the science to back him up.

We actually have 3 promising vaccines. ACAM-29 has great potential and has money for all trials since it is being backed by Sanofi. But I'm happy that Halford is being more aggressive because if he is that confident in his vaccine, then he will have to move swiftly. Halford stated in his own words that ACAM-529 has the ability to be a "game changer!" So I have a feeling, that this is the main reason for his assertiveness; and I'm actually happy for him because it shows that he believes in his product!! I wonder if these trials are going to be held in the US. It would be much more cheaper to perform them in another country and around the FDA. I'm curious to know what he is up to.

wildgluco

Hi Suffering, thank you for the reply, and don't get me wrong, I accept all kinds of solutions now since anti viral is not a really good one for most us. However, comparing to Dr Halford's research, I personally more prefer Dr. Frasers' work since it seems to be more promising and could happen in near future.

To me, I think DRACO is a potential cure, but it may take another decade to reach it since the big pharma may try to drag it by not investing in their research. Somehow I admire Dr. Frasers' work because he works outside of US FDA system without big pharma and government dragging his feet. Instead, he seems to earn full support from Australian government, which is a highly respectful. Anyway, I really hope that Dr. Frasers' vaccine can be on the fast track.

Btw, in Dr. Halford's latest blog article he did defense himself from several perspectives. However, he did not deny nor admit that he has already secure private findings for clinical study. Instead, he addressed that: "1) we have never tested a live HSV-2 vaccine in a human clinical trial in the U.S. and....". Does this mean he may try to do a clinical trial outside the US? Just curious....

VVK
Hi Suffering, thank you for the reply, and don't get me wrong, I accept all kinds of solutions now since anti viral is not a really good one for most us. However, comparing to Dr Halford's research, I personally more prefer Dr. Frasers' work since it seems to be more promising and could happen in near future.

To me, I think DRACO is a potential cure, but it may take another decade to reach it since the big pharma may try to drag it by not investing in their research. Somehow I admire Dr. Frasers' work because he works outside of US FDA system without big pharma and government dragging his feet. Instead, he seems to earn full support from Australian government, which is a highly respectful. Anyway, I really hope that Dr. Frasers' vaccine can be on the fast track.

Btw, in Dr. Halford's latest blog article he did defense himself from several perspectives. However, he did not deny nor admit that he has already secure private findings for clinical study. Instead, he addressed that: "1) we have never tested a live HSV-2 vaccine in a human clinical trial in the U.S. and....". Does this mean he may try to do a clinical trial outside the US? Just curious....

I'm not entirely sure what there is about Dr. Frazer's work that is better or worse than Dr. Halford's. Again I'm wondering if it's just a personal opinion of yours and if it is actually based on some aspect of the science behind their approaches. Do you know the differences between Halford's and Frazer's approaches? That Halford is seeking to make a vaccine that is about 100 times more effective than what Admedus is going for? That Frazer's vaccine has so far just been shown to be "safe" and able to stimulate a T-cell response, but nothing yet regarding how effective it is at protecting from transmission or outbreaks? I'm putting you a bit on the spot here because you're making it sound like you know what you're talking about without backing up your opinions.

wildgluco

Hi VVK, I agree with your point that Dr. Halford is seeking for something 100 times more effective than what current vaccine companies are working for, and I do not mean to argue with you regarding what Dr. Halford is looking for. My point is, sometimes theory might work on molecular scale, but not in animal study, or might work in animal study but not in human body. What I try to say here is that I am not sure Dr. Frazer's work will work like a charm, but at least we see the progress in animal models and human study. Yes, it may fail like previous GSK vaccine in phase III, but we will never know the final result until the study is over.

Again, as mentioned before, I respect Dr. Halford's work and contribution, but I think most of us would like to see more progress than just theory elaboration. Before his vaccine hit the clinical trial, nobody would know how effective his vaccine will be, except GOD.

Sufferingfriend

The thing I like about Halford is, he seems to be the most passionate about saving people. He really cares about us, and our suffering. He understand time is of the essence, and he is not going to give up without traditional funding or a lack of conventional FDA route.

I really really hope it works and hits the 2016 mark.

wildgluco
The thing I like about Halford is, he seems to be the most passionate about saving people. He really cares about us, and our suffering. He understand time is of the essence, and he is not going to give up without traditional funding or a lack of conventional FDA route.

I really really hope it works and hits the 2016 mark.

Hi Suffering

I totally agree with you, and I really hope that he can find enough resources that can back his study up. We all need the cure, even though it is functional cure!

HopefulOne2013

DNA vaccines are the vaccines of the future. I have done quite a bit of research on these types of vaccines and they look promising. DNA based vaccines are an entirely new approach to treating disease and cancers. There is all kinds of research posted online about next generation DNA vaccines and gene therapy. Check out VGXI. They are partnered with Admedus on their herpes vaccines. I also want Halford to succeed, but with Sanofi pushing their live herpes vaccine for prophylactic purposes and Admedus with their DNA based vaccine, Halford is on the outside looking in.

Sufferingfriend

I would really like for them all to be made. I dont know why, but I think Halford is the most promising, even if not that far along?

It just seems like

Hi Suffering

I totally agree with you, and I really hope that he can find enough resources that can back his study up. We all need the cure, even though it is functional cure!

I actually feel Halfords vaccine might be the most promising. Just a baseless hunch, but after reading a lot of the science, it seems his approach, a live attenuated vaccine is something people are too afraid of doing, and that is the type of vaccine used for chicken pox, and apparently it creates a very powerful very potent response against the virus. I wonder if Sonafi will be therapeutic.

Does anybody know how Halford is getting along? We should make some donations.

This is what Halford says... "What I hope to make clear through the development of this blog is that a safe and effective HSV-2 vaccine lies within our grasp, but what we lack is a critical mass of support to advance such a HSV-2 vaccine to human clinical trials. The primary barriers to the advancement of an effective HSV-2 vaccine are (1) misinformation and (2) a pre-conceived notion that live-attenuated HSV-2 vaccines should not be investigated or considered for use as a human vaccine."

Halford truly believes he can do it. He cares for us, and is going a route the FDA will not allow him to go. I want to believe.

Sufferingfriend
DNA vaccines are the vaccines of the future. I have done quite a bit of research on these types of vaccines and they look promising. DNA based vaccines are an entirely new approach to treating disease and cancers. There is all kinds of research posted online about next generation DNA vaccines and gene therapy. Check out VGXI. They are partnered with Admedus on their herpes vaccines. I also want Halford to succeed, but with Sanofi pushing their live herpes vaccine for prophylactic purposes and Admedus with their DNA based vaccine, Halford is on the outside looking in.

Do you think Amedeus will be succesful therapeutic for us? Why are these DNA vaccines so promising? Will it create a powerful response like a live virus?

The only thing that helps be keep sane is knowing there may be help around the corner.

Sufferingfriend

It seems like Halford is the only one looking for a vaccine that will really be potent. This is what he said...

"I am in touch with participants in the Genocea GEN-003 vaccine trial, and I have seen some of the results. I am happy to post your comment, but my official position is the results of the GEN-003 vaccine trial are utterly underwhelming. If this is the best we can do, then we are in trouble. When I think of the GEN-003 vaccine, the word “lame” comes to mind. As in, “What a lame idea.” or “What lame results.”

Fantastic? Really?

And just to be clear…..no I am not part of GENOCEA, nor am I an advocate / supporter of the GEN-003 vaccine (i.e., Herpevac + 1/2 of ICP4 = a lame HSV-2 vaccine concept). But, I am not bitter….."

I think, in terms of vaccines, Halford is most promising because he is not looking to create weak vaccines, and unlike the rest he is going for what will work, to help us.

Halford also pours cold water on Amedues..... He sounds right.

"I do not have more specifics than you. What I can say is that scientists who have a great idea about anything (including how to make a great HSV-2 vaccine) will be the first tell you all the specifics of their proposal. In contrast, the pattern of behavior I observe surrounding Corridon (now Admedus) is that they parade Ian Frazer about, emphasize that he was the Australian of the Year, but rarely if ever do they discuss the specific merits of the HSV-2 vaccine they are touting. Moreover, I note that Ian Frazer had never published a single paper on herpes simplex virus 2 in his life until 2013, and I note that this paper was published in conjunction with the HSV-2 group at University of Washington. In contrast, I started studying herpes simplex virus biology in 1991.

I think people are placing a lot of faith and hope in Ian Frazer, Admedus, and all of their hype about a HSV-2 vaccine. However, I find it a bit hard to believe that a group of people in Queensland, Australia (nothing against Oz…..it’s an awesome place!) who have no prior track record in HSV-2 biology are suddenly going to pull a rabbit out of their hats and offer up an awesome HSV-2 vaccine. This stands in contrast to scores of actual HSV experts who collectively have decades more experience and hundreds more publications on HSV-2 biology. Frankly, Admedus and Ian Frazer look like a plain and simple money grab to me……a ploy to get investors to pour money into the next “HSV-2 vaccine of the future.”

Perhaps my skepticism seems unwarranted. All I know is that for the past 2 years, people have constantly been e-mailing me or blogging about Ian Frazer’s great HSV-2 vaccine breakthrough, but not a single person has ever explained to me why this HSV-2 vaccine based on <2% of HSV-2's proteome is going to be so much radically better than all of the HSV-2 subunit vaccines based on <2% of HSV-2's proteome that have been failing since the mid-1980s.

I am sure that you have heard the line, "If you believe that, well I have got some swampland in Florida that you might want to buy." Well, the fact is that investors have been bilked out of millions (probably hundreds of millions) of dollars investing in the next "HSV-2 vaccine of the future" since the mid-1980s. The names of the vaccines keep changing, but the real question you should be asking yourself is, "Why should a HSV-2 vaccine that is only 1% similar to HSV-2 teach the body's immune system to recognize the real HSV-2 virus?" In my simple mind, we have done this experiment more than 6 times, and each time it fails.

If you want a HSV-2 vaccine that works (rather than another pie-in-the-sky investment), then my money is on a HSV-2 vaccine that looks 99.3% similar to the actual HSV-2 virus and recapitulates all aspects of how the virus presents itself to the body's immune system. If Ian Frazer has a better idea, perhaps it is time to explain himself rather than hiding behind press releases that offer more hype rather than any real and substantive science.

– Bill H.

P.S. Any HSV-2 vaccine will elicit a B- and a T-cell response. Simply engaging lymphocytes with a vaccine is not sufficient, in and of itself, to prevent the disease of HSV-2 genital herpes. The relevant question is “What percentage of the available HSV-2-specific B- and T-cells have been successfully engaged?” The hope that a HSV-2 vaccine based on 1 to 3 proteins (out of 75 HSV-2-encoded proteins) can engage 100% of the body’s HSV-2-specific lymphocytes seems naive at best, and stupid / ignorant in light of the fact that such HSV-2 vaccines have failed in more than half a dozen human clinical trials spanning the past 30 years."

Great, the more reseach I do, it seems like all the vaccines are a scam. Halfords approach is the best I think.... But no one is giving him money.

HopefulOne2013
Do you think Amedeus will be succesful therapeutic for us? Why are these DNA vaccines so promising? Will it create a powerful response like a live virus?

The only thing that helps be keep sane is knowing there may be help around the corner.

DNA vaccines are the vaccines of the future. There is a lot of information out there about this new technology. I think Admedus will be successful. They seem pretty confident in their vaccine. DNA vaccines are much safer than live vaccines. They are unable to cause disease. Halford's claim is that his vaccine is safe and that his vaccine closely resembles HSV-2 given the viral proteins. He is probably right, but many other researchers disagree with him. Halford is his own worst enemy. He trashes the FDA and other researchers vaccine attempts. We all know that there are politics in everything in life. Why would he hate on Ian Frazer? What has he done that Frazer hasn't? Why trash the FDA and pout about it on a blog? Surely the FDA and researchers see what he is posting. We all want Halford to succeed but we need to be realistic about it. If he was able to get a trial going I would be all about joining the trial, but I feel, in my opinion, he is going to have a really hard time getting a trial going. Imagine if you were trying to sell a product to a company and you tell the customer they were stupid for buying a competitors product because your product was far more superior? How do you think the the company would feel? Bill Halford recently posted on his blog that Ian Frazer is much brighter than he is. I find that funny because everything he said before that was the opposite. We all need to remember that Halford is trying to sell a vaccine just like Admedus, Genocea, Vical, and a plethora of other companies. The difference between these companies and Halford is that they aren't opening up blogs trashing each others ideas. I'm all about rooting for the underdog vaccine. In this case, I'm rooting for David Knipe's live herpes vaccine. Why? Because he has the ear of Sanofi Pasteur and other medical researchers. These are all my opinions. I choose to focus on research that's happening right now. All of the medical researchers deserve respect.

DNA Vaccine Info

http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/vaccines/understanding/pages/typesvaccines.aspx

Here is the study done by Coridon (Admedus).

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0076407

Ian Frazer Awards and Accomplishments

Awards and Honours

In 1999 Frazer received the Australian Biotechnology Award, and has since received more than twenty awards for science: [31]

2007: Howard Florey Medal for Medical Research2008: Prime Minister's Prize for Science[4]2008: Balzan Prize for Preventive Medicine[32]2009: Australian Medical Association Gold Medal[33]2006: William B. Coley Award (with Harald zur Hausen)[8]2005: CSIRO Eureka Prize for Leadership in Science[34]2003: Centenary Medal for services to cancer research[35]2011: elected Fellow of the Royal Society[36]2008: Ramaciotti Medal2008: American Academy of Dermatology Lila Gruber Award for Dermatology2007: Novartis Prize for Clinical Immunology, Rio de Janeiro2007: Golden Plate recipient, International Achievement Summit2007: International Life Award for Scientific Research2007: Merck Sharp & Dohme Howard Florey Medal2007: Clunies Ross Award, Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering2006: Distinguished Fellowship Award, Royal College of Pathologists2006: Queenslander of the Year / Australian of the Year2005: John Curtin Medal1999: Business/Higher Education Round Table award for Collaborative Research .

In 2012 Frazer was named as a National Living Treasure by the National Trust of Australia (NSW).[37]

On 11 June 2012, Frazer was named aCompanion of the Order of Australia (AC) for "eminent service to medical research, particularly through leadership roles in the discovery of the Human Papilloma Virus vaccine and its role in preventing cervical cancer, to higher education and as a supporter of charitable organisations.

wildgluco

Well, to be honestly with you, I think everybody only has 24 hours per day, same to you, Dr. Halford, Dr. Frazer and to me. I used to work in a biotech lab for at least 5 years, and most diligent and smart professors/researchers do not spend lots of time on writing something to bash others. I guess there are couple reasons, for example, it doesn't make you smarter, instead it makes you tons of enemies. Second, researchers need tons of time for lab work, paper reading, instructing students, and interpretation of results. I am a horrible writer, as you can see, and it takes me forever to write a paragraph. I am not sure how much time Dr. Halford needs to write a long blog, but I really hope that he can spend more time on making his idea come true.

I don't wanna bash anyone, just try to tell the truth here. Science is a team work, and it needs prototype to be tested/examed thousand times. Without a real product, an idea is always an idea. Recently I also worry about Admedus, since their cash flow is record low. Bad financial statement can dramatically hurt an emerging biotech company like Admedus.

To me, a therapeutic vaccine that has similar effects comparing to current anti-viral drugs is good enough, because at least we don't have to take the medicine everyday. Then we can always start another improvement based on the vaccine. Pure cure is amazing, but if we have something ~75-90% functional, it is still better than nothing (theory).

No offense, just my personal opinions. And I still sincerely hope that Dr. Halford can really come out something by 2016.

HopefulOne2013
Well, to be honestly with you, I think everybody only has 24 hours per day, same to you, Dr. Halford, Dr. Frazer and to me. I used to work in a biotech lab for at least 5 years, and most diligent and smart professors/researchers do not spend lots of time on writing something to bash others. I guess there are couple reasons, for example, it doesn't make you smarter, instead it makes you tons of enemies. Second, researchers need tons of time for lab work, paper reading, instructing students, and interpretation of results. I am a horrible writer, as you can see, and it takes me forever to write a paragraph. I am not sure how much time Dr. Halford needs to write a long blog, but I really hope that he can spend more time on making his idea come true.

I don't wanna bash anyone, just try to tell the truth here. Science is a team work, and it needs prototype to be tested/examed thousand times. Without a real product, an idea is always an idea. Recently I also worry about Admedus, since their cash flow is record low. Bad financial statement can dramatically hurt an emerging biotech company like Admedus.

To me, a therapeutic vaccine that has similar effects comparing to current anti-viral drugs is good enough, because at least we don't have to take the medicine everyday. Then we can always start another improvement based on the vaccine. Pure cure is amazing, but if we have something ~75-90% functional, it is still better than nothing (theory).

No offense, just my personal opinions. And I still sincerely hope that Dr. Halford can really come out something by 2016.

Admedus's cash flow is a bit of a concern. They are technically a start up company. Hopefully it will all work out for them. Vical and Agenus have had similar issues.

Sufferingfriend

Why hate on Ian Frazer? Well first off, I would say its not hate. Someone asked him a question, and he gave an answer. And why do this? Because Ian Frazers method may very well be a waste of time, and in this case shouldn't he be hating? How many decades of failed HSV sub unit vaccines have there been? I don't think he trashes the other efforts enough. They are all sucking good money into failed attempts. Halfords vaccine would attack the whole virrus not just 1% of it like Amadeus.

Is there a single, A SINGLE vaccine that has been shown in human trials to have a robust powerful anti HSV response???? NO. NOT ONE SINGLE. Remember Amadeus has already been tested on humans, and it did not cure anybody. They all result in approximately the same 50-60% reduction at best, and this is not good enough at all for many of us. Pretty useless at making us non infectious. Sub unit vaccines doe not work for HSV. Halford has explained why, and it makes sense. Decades of failed research backs him up perfectly.

Halford has been working on HSV for over 20 years, and lucidly explains why Amaedues won't work, the problems with it, and since so many are placing their hopes on it, he is right to give us the truth. Amadeus has already had some trials, and been proven safe, but not effective enough to be anywhere near a cure at all.

And Halford writing a blog doesn't mean anything other than he is trying to raise money and support. That is the whole point of it. He is indeed raising money through it. Many of these guys run blogs, and Halfords is the most lucid and convincing. Halford also explains in great depth why a live herpes vaccine is not necessarily dangerous at all. There are tons of vaccines that use this method that were created over half a century ago.

I want a curative vaccine MORE than anybody, in earnest. I believe I suffer more than anybody. It is daily. Nobody would be happier than me. I am on your side. But I am sorry, in my researched opinion, and the fact even the most promising Amadeus failed to offer a cure in the completed trials, it is obvious to me every single one of these vaccines is obviously not a cure, nor are they even meant to be or attempting to be. Halford is the ONLY one who is trying to create a vaccine that will truly beat the virus. And since he cares so much about actually achieving this, cares so much for our pain, he is obliged to tell the truth.

Halford is the only one who understands our pain, and is outraged AIC 316 was pulled by the FDA. He is passionate, and his approach is the only approach that has not been explored, and sounds by far like the only one that is ambitious and robust enough for us. These other vaccines aren't even attempting to obtain a strong antigen response, and this proven by their own results! So how can Halford be hating when all these vaccines own clinical trials back up halford?

I HOPE to god I am wrong, but all these sub unit vaccines sound like they cannot possibly work. Regardless, why would we not want Halford to exist alongside them when his most likely will be the only one that works? I think we need to support Halford. Truly.

HopefulOne2013
Why hate on Ian Frazer? Well first off, I would say its not hate. Someone asked him a question, and he gave an answer. And why do this? Because Ian Frazers method may very well be a waste of time, and in this case shouldn't he be hating? How many decades of failed HSV sub unit vaccines have there been? I don't think he trashes the other efforts enough. They are all sucking good money into failed attempts. Halfords vaccine would attack the whole virrus not just 1% of it like Amadeus.

Is there a single, A SINGLE vaccine that has been shown in human trials to have a robust powerful anti HSV response???? NO. NOT ONE SINGLE. Remember Amadeus has already been tested on humans, and it did not cure anybody. They all result in approximately the same 50-60% reduction at best, and this is not good enough at all for many of us. Pretty useless at making us non infectious. Sub unit vaccines doe not work for HSV. Halford has explained why, and it makes sense. Decades of failed research backs him up perfectly.

Halford has been working on HSV for over 20 years, and lucidly explains why Amaedues won't work, the problems with it, and since so many are placing their hopes on it, he is right to give us the truth. Amadeus has already had some trials, and been proven safe, but not effective enough to be anywhere near a cure at all.

And Halford writing a blog doesn't mean anything other than he is trying to raise money and support. That is the whole point of it. He is indeed raising money through it. Many of these guys run blogs, and Halfords is the most lucid and convincing. Halford also explains in great depth why a live herpes vaccine is not necessarily dangerous at all. There are tons of vaccines that use this method that were created over half a century ago.

I want a curative vaccine MORE than anybody, in earnest. I believe I suffer more than anybody. It is daily. Nobody would be happier than me. I am on your side. But I am sorry, in my researched opinion, and the fact even the most promising Amadeus failed to offer a cure in the completed trials, it is obvious to me every single one of these vaccines is obviously not a cure, nor are they even meant to be or attempting to be. Halford is the ONLY one who is trying to create a vaccine that will truly beat the virus. And since he cares so much about actually achieving this, cares so much for our pain, he is obliged to tell the truth.

Halford is the only one who understands our pain, and is outraged AIC 316 was pulled by the FDA. He is passionate, and his approach is the only approach that has not been explored, and sounds by far like the only one that is ambitious and robust enough for us. These other vaccines aren't even attempting to obtain a strong antigen response, and this proven by their own results! So how can Halford be hating when all these vaccines own clinical trials back up halford?

I HOPE to god I am wrong, but all these sub unit vaccines sound like they cannot possibly work. Regardless, why would we not want Halford to exist alongside them when his most likely will be the only one that works? I think we need to support Halford. Truly.

We all want Halford to help us in this battle but before I can debate with you on Admedus, I encourage you to do a little more research on Ian Frazer and his vaccines before giving results on his trials.