World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
hellodolly123

Valentine's Day Ruined!

hellodolly123

Hi guys,

Just need a bit of moral support, as I'm currently experiencing an outbreak which has lasted 5 days now, and it's Valentine's Day :( I've recently started a relationship with a new guy who I told about my herpes pretty much straight away, and he's been amazing about it. I guess I just feel bad for him that I can't have sex on Valentine's Day. Anyone else in the same predicament??

Strangely enough I went to the clinic on Monday when I first had the outbreak (I've only ever been diagnosed by sight since my first outbreak almost a year ago) so they could swab me, and because of the location of my break out (it's not actually in the vagina itself, more towards my bum and thigh) the doctor said that I could cover the affected area with a plaster and still have sex without transmitting. Anyone else ever had the same advice? Still a bit wary if I'm honest.

Thanks!

Momma_Bear

Hi there, I've never received advice like this... I'm pretty sure if you have lesions you can pass it on through infected fluids? not positive though... And you're female... you could have more lesions that are not visible and/or you could be shedding. I'd be very careful with this if you don't want to pass this along... I'm very sorry about your valentines day... Maybe you could do vday sex after... when the OB clears up? He clearly seems to like you and seeing as you explained the circumstances i'm sure he will understand

Acesheart

Hey dolly welcome honey :wavey: I have had ghsv2 for almost 28 yrs. There have been many Anniversaries, birthdays and occasions that my husband and I have NOT been able to make love (due to surgeries and other life adversities) have you thought about just pleasing him while he holds you and you two just meld together in the beautiful moments? YOU don't have to make love to show someone exactly how much you like /love them. Romance begins with heart. :)

[uSER=39806]@Momma_Bear[/uSER] , that beautiful new baby girl is such a beautiful Valentine's Day gift from God, I'm hugging you both in my heart. :) .

Valentine's day is just another day in my home since I was hit by an automobile, all I can give is a great hand job to the man I love and a few oral pleasures, but almost 25 yrs, he knows it's Love! Plus I got :coffee: in bed and a the most beautiful smile and heart felt card (he forgot to sign, but did while I waited for my :coffee: ) See that's :love::luv2u: both. Truly Aces xo

Momma_Bear

[uSER=37345]@Acesheart[/uSER] I know she really is!! and we're hugging you back hun! When the hell where you hit by a car?! Why is this the first time I'm hearing of this?!?!

Acesheart
[uSER=37345]@Acesheart[/uSER] I know she really is!! and we're hugging you back hun! When the hell where you hit by a car?! Why is this the first time I'm hearing of this?!?!

Well, I don't like brag, . Lol. I was hit Earlier this week broadsided by a huge Van :( . Threw me into panic and anxiety, I even forgot how to change a tire (it went flat with the other drivers Damn bumper in it) and oh hell I can change a flat and oil too :) .

My husband insisted on taking me to doctors who of course put me Xanax, so I can get my Zen back. Several days before this wreck, my daughter's friend committed suicide, over h1 and how she got it (first boy, first love) . It scared me because this could have been my child. Poor girl was 18, still makes cry , even with Xanax, I feel for her mom & dad who gave her life and love,now she's gone.

Anywho I didn't tell you my girl, I didn't want you to worry bout me. Hugs and love to you, kiss my grandbaby, hold her tight. Hugs :luv2u: Aces xo

Momma_Bear
Well, I don't like brag, . Lol. I was hit Earlier this week broadsided by a huge Van :( . Threw me into panic and anxiety, I even forgot how to change a tire (it went flat with the other drivers Damn bumper in it) and oh hell I can change a flat and oil too :) .

My husband insisted on taking me to doctors who of course put me Xanax, so I can get my Zen back. Several days before this wreck, my daughter's friend committed suicide, over h1 and how she got it (first boy, first love) . It scared me because this could have been my child. Poor girl was 18, still makes cry , even with Xanax, I feel for her mom & dad who gave her life and love,now she's gone.

Anywho I didn't tell you my girl, I didn't want you to worry bout me. Hugs and love to you, kiss my grandbaby, hold her tight. Hugs :luv2u: Aces xo

OMG!!! You should've told me! I hate being left in the dark!! I'm glad you're ok... And of course i'm going to worry about you silly. Hugs and love to you too, I'll give her kisses for ya as soon as she wakes up!

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's friend... That's horrible T.T I wish I could've helped her :( my thoughts are with her mom and dad, and of course you.

Acesheart
OMG!!! You should've told me! I hate being left in the dark!! I'm glad you're ok... And of course i'm going to worry about you silly. Hugs and love to you too, I'll give her kisses for ya as soon as she wakes up!

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's friend... That's horrible T.T I wish I could've helped her :( my thoughts are with her mom and dad, and of course you.

Well love, I'm brused, sore and battered, But being Spanish (tanned skin) has it's advantages, plus hubby is being really sweet. I got passion and :coffee: so my Rainbows are a fluttering. Don't need to have sexy times to show someone "hey, I'm thinking of you love-muffin" .

Im a strong woman, God is molding me for bigger trials. It's all gonna be okay. :luv2u:

blue84

Not be dick about your horrible situation but head wouldn't be bad and u would make up no sex..its not end of world its valentines not last day of our lives ..

hellodolly123

Thanks for your replies guys, I know it's not the end of the world for the whole Valentine's Day thing, I was just being over dramatic! ☺️

But I am still wondering about the covering of blisters and the advice I was given at the sexual health clinic... I'm a week into my outbreak and the sores have healed over and are dry, but are still visible if you get what I mean? Any opinions would be great! Thanks x

VVK

You may still be shedding at this time, and not just from where the sores are healing either. I've read that it's most contagious up to 10 days after symptoms start and especially when there are open sores. Once the sores are healed over and dry, most of the risk is gone. I wish I had more concrete information regarding transmission from dry sores... I know there is often a suggestion of waiting a week or two after sores heal up, but I can't say that without a reference.

hellodolly123

That's really helpful information actually, thank you so much. It's hard isn't it, because I guess every case is different so there's probably not one rule of thumb for everyone! I don't go to my GP/Doctors anymore when I have a break out because I find that they don't know enough about Herpes and aren't very helpful, but at the GUM clinic they really know their stuff and actually take a lot of the stigma out of the situation. So I do trust the GUM doctor when he says I should be okay covering them up because he's been able to examine me and see what's going on down there haha. I also asked him would I shed from other places too and he said that herpes is quite topical when it's a reoccurrence so he doesn't think I would.

I'm in the UK so I'm sure advice varies from country to country!

GntiNh

Unfortunately if you have genital hsv then you can shed from anywhere in the genital / boxer shorts area. So just covering where you have had your latest sores isn't going to offer 100% protection.