World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
StilBeautiful1

Regretting the Ex

StilBeautiful1

I went back and forth with telling my past sexual partner about my diagnosis. I decided to tell him he should get tested, as a friend, that I've had some symptoms(did not disclose what or that I have actually been diagnosed). He took this as an opportunity to assume I was dirty and "sleeping with strangers". Then told me he's been "squeaky clean" and hasn't had any sexual interaction but me in 15 months. Right, so that must mean you're clean right? I told him most tests don't cover everything, to which he replied with "going to get tested now, I hope you didn't give me anything". I wish I wouldn't have told him anything. I blocked his number and now have anxiety and took a huge blow to my self confidance. I've started dating a super amazing guy, and will have to disclose soon, and now after this reaction it makes me scared to death.

JBnATL

Please don't judge all guys by this one asshole's behavior. There is a reason that guy is an ex. There are good guys out there.

There is nothing wrong with having a very common virus, so don't feel badly about having this. Chances are the guy you are dating now already has it. If he has ever had mono, chicken pox or a cold sore, he has herpes. 90% of all adults have herpes in one form or another.

Good luck!

JB

Acesheart
I went back and forth with telling my past sexual partner about my diagnosis. I decided to tell him he should get tested, as a friend, that I've had some symptoms(did not disclose what or that I have actually been diagnosed). He took this as an opportunity to assume I was dirty and "sleeping with strangers". Then told me he's been "squeaky clean" and hasn't had any sexual interaction but me in 15 months. Right, so that must mean you're clean right? I told him most tests don't cover everything, to which he replied with "going to get tested now, I hope you didn't give me anything". I wish I wouldn't have told him anything. I blocked his number and now have anxiety and took a huge blow to my self confidance. I've started dating a super amazing guy, and will have to disclose soon, and now after this reaction it makes me scared to death.

Hey beautiful girl listen honey. I have had ghsv 2 for almost 28 yrs, I got it from my ex hubby, anywho, I am squeaky too, so are YOU!

If this ex of yours has ever had Any form of sex with anyone before you he probably has NEVER properly Tested (most doctor's don't use IGG blood test) he could have it but be dormant and just not know it. YOU deserve WAY WAY better treatment then he gave you, but now you have the upper hand. Leave him, wash your hands of his ugly morals and lack thereof.

You have us, a new community who can relate, so :pooh: on him. Noone needs guys like him as JB says, NOT all guys will disrespect you as that ass-hole did. I promise sweety. Many amazing, sexy guys here. All the hotties are positive and have herpes. We are the majority, ONLY differences are we have been diagnosed so we are NOT in denial like him.

Chances are the very next "lucky girl" time he has sex, that partner will most likely already have some form of herpes.

But don't take him back,listen to his sob stories or give him the time of day!

Treat him ,when he comes crawling back, the same Way he has treated you! Show him the same respect he has shown you :toilet: get my drift.

Karma is a notch, he will get his, YOU sweetheart will meet a Wonderful man who is worthy of your heart. Big cyber Hugs, Aces xo

StilBeautiful1

Thank you both! The way he handled it definitely made a huge dent in my ego, but I can't say that I'm surprised. He always was an ass. I absolutely deserve better! I just hope I can hang on to it! (Of course there is always the worry of disclosing and it not going in your favor). Part of me occasionally wishes I wasn't so "in-tune" with my body and that I got to be one of the completely happy and unaware people that have it.. But, I know it's for the best that I don't spread it, I just hope something positive can come from it. I have yet to cry, I'm a pretty strong girl, and you all on here have helped so tremendously. I am so thankful for this site and everyone on it! I just have to remain strong and know that the diagnosis doesn't change me, or what I deserve.

Acesheart
Thank you both! The way he handled it definitely made a huge dent in my ego, but I can't say that I'm surprised. He always was an ass. I absolutely deserve better! I just hope I can hang on to it! (Of course there is always the worry of disclosing and it not going in your favor). Part of me occasionally wishes I wasn't so "in-tune" with my body and that I got to be one of the completely happy and unaware people that have it.. But, I know it's for the best that I don't spread it, I just hope something positive can come from it. I have yet to cry, I'm a pretty strong girl, and you all on here have helped so tremendously. I am so thankful for this site and everyone on it! I just have to remain strong and know that the diagnosis doesn't change me, or what I deserve.

Sweetheart, your in luck :) in the Dating Section, user Moderator JBnAtl has a Wonderful post on How To Give the Talk, it's helped so many disclose! You can also find him in Chat or start a Conversation with him ( it's like sending a private message) and it explains how to tell a potential partner. Oh but it does change us for the Better :) . We are more passionate, educated and in tuned more than those who live in denial. Yes, you are amazing and worthy of all that life has to offer. My husband made a silly comment once about knowing Neither of us would ever cheat, and at first I kinda had the WTH look, after I understood his meaning. You will get better, feel better and we are HERE anytime you need a shoulder. Hugs Aces xo