World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Freakedout614

It's official

Freakedout614

I finally got my test results back. I have HSV 1. My outbreak has cleared up and I was able to return to work today. I still have a few more days left of the valcyclovir. The Drs office called with the results today. They told me that the variety I have is typically oral, and its not as severe as classic genital herpes. Although, as in my case it can occur there. This was my 1st outbreak and I hope to he!!, it never gets that bad again. My boyfriend has it too, which is how I got it. He hadn't had an outbreak in months and I still got it. I'm not thrilled that I got it, but I can't be mad at him. He was always honest and up front about it. We just didn't realize, he didn't necessarily need to have current outbreak for me to get it. Anyhow I'm feeling better now. The Dr is going to give me more valcyclovir to take only when I have outbreaks.

WilsoInAus

I really admire how you are going through this. There is a pretty good chance you will not have another outbreak in your life. I think as you realise, most men you could date would have HSV-1 in any event such that the risk was likely to be there as it is for most people.

Acesheart

Hi Freaked, . I enjoyed chatting with YOU :) · I do agree keeping antivirals on hand, like I told u in Chat I have a stockpile, will come in handy if you ever need them Hugs Aces xo

CuteSabrina

Hey there. Like Wilso said, as your genital herpes is type 1, you will probably not have another outbreak again! Also, it's a virus that's really hard to escape from (either orally or genitally).

Also, your boyfriend and you won't have to worry about passing it anyway ;)

Good luck!