World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
imreallyscarednow

Don't know what to do

imreallyscarednow

After kissing a guy at a club a few months ago, I had night sweats, fever and headache, then started getting strange outbreak like red patches on my chin and big boils that don't respond to antibiotic creams, as well as gastrointestinal issues and other skin issues. Most scarily, I started getting twitches all over, in my arms, face, forehead, neck etc. I suspect herpes because of all these nerve symptoms, and I don't have any evidence of bacterial infection. But, doctors wouldn't swab my red patches because there aren't any lesions or anything, and they keep denying it's herpes. My blood test scores are also negative but there are no numbers for them. The symptoms come back every month before my period, and even off my period I am all allergic to wheat all of a sudden. Zovirax cream seems to help a little bit but I don't even know for sure.

Now I just started dating a new guy and I am terrified that I would give him herpes if I kiss him or give him oral. With negative blood test scores, what am I supposed to tell him? it's really eating me up and making me depressed because if its herpes I don't want to give it to anyone.

Elle22

Sorry to hear you've been dealing with sudden and scary health issues! However, herpes alone would not cause all of those symptoms. I would suggest looking into other causes; autoimmune and hormonal conditions would be a good place to start as they cause symptoms in multiple areas of the body as you have described.

As far as the guy goes, you could just fill him in on the basics of what you know: Let him know that you had some skin issues on your face, some other health issues, and that you aren't sure what it is. Say you're filling him in because you're unsure of what is going on and thought it would be best to let him know about it.

It tends to feel easier if you keep it short and sweet like that. Also do your best to stay composed and be ready to answer questions that may come up.

I feel that giving new partners the plain info and letting them make their own choices is a good way to respect them and remove some worry and stress from the situation.