World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
forever_optimistic

Wanted to share a success story :)

forever_optimistic

Some of you may have seen a few posts from me about my experience with being rejected for having H. It was a horrible feeling being rejected for something I couldn't control, as I'm sure most of you have felt the same way when being rejected for this. It took me a while to fully get over it, and I never thought I'd have the strength to actually put myself out there again because I feared the rejection.

I decided though that no matter how bad it felt, I wasn't going to get anywhere if I didn't at least try. So I put myself on an online dating site again, and within a few days I'd started talking to someone who I hit it off with instantly. This is a rarity for me :) I told myself that I would only disclose after the third date (if it got that far) because I didn't want to make the mistake of telling too soon again (I told the last guy after the first date).

However, after a week or so of talking he told me some quite personal stuff and I ended up telling him (this is before we'd even met in person!). I didn't feel obliged to tell him because of what he'd told me, I just felt comfortable enough to tell him. He asked me a couple of questions then he said it didn't bother him and he still wanted to meet me :)

We've seen each other a lot since and we are now a couple :)

I never thought I'd be here sharing a success story, after my experience of being rejected for it I didn't think I'd ever meet someone who would accept me despite of it. But it's happened. And if you are feeling the way I did back then, please know that there are people out there who will be able to see past it and accept you for you. Don't give up. I never thought it'd happen to me, but it has :) Don't let the rejection get you down xx

Momma_Bear

Congratulations! So very glad to hear a success story in progress! :] I too thought I'd found that, but alas it was all a farce. Gave up on men for the time being, but maybe someday I'll get back in to it! Reading this gives me a little more hope though!

forever_optimistic

Just thought I'd give an update on this. Unfortunately things didn't work out with him, but I'm glad to say it had nothing to do with me having herpes. In fact, herpes was never really thought about in our relationship :) If anything, this experience has made me more confident and now I know there are guys who can accept it. It's just unfortunate it didn't work out with this one. But keep positive, there are people out there who will see you for who you really are and not for a condition that you may or may not give to them :) x